UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business has posted its 2010 MBA Application questions, instructions, and deadlines.
There are a couple of changes:
- #5 in the supplemental questions is modified.
- Short answers: #1 is new.
Fall 2010 Haas Essay Questions
Listed below are the supplemental questions, short answer questions, required essays, and optional essays for the fall 2010 application.
- If you have not provided a letter of recommendation from your current supervisor, please explain; otherwise, enter N/A.
- List in order of importance all community & professional organizations and extracurricular activities in which you have been involved during or after university studies. Indicate the nature of the activity or organization, dates of involvement, offices held, & average number of hours spent per month.
- List full-time and part-time jobs held during undergraduate or graduate studies, indicating the employer, job title, employment dates, location, and the number of hours worked per week for each position held prior to the completion of your degree.
- Please explain all gaps in your employment since earning your university degree.
- Beyond the courses that appear on your academic transcripts, please discuss other ways in which you have demonstrated strong quantitative abilities.
- If you have ever been subject to academic discipline, placed on probation, suspended or required to withdraw from any college or university, please explain. If not, please enter N/A. (An affirmative response to this question does not automatically disqualify you from admission.)
- What are you most passionate about? Why? (250 word maximum)
- Tell us about your most significant accomplishment. (250 word maximum)
- At Haas, we value innovation and creativity. Describe a time when you created positive change in a group or an organization. (250 word maximum)
- What steps have you taken to learn about the Berkeley MBA program, and what factors have influenced your decision to apply? (250 word maximum)
- Give us an example of a situation in which you displayed leadership. (500 word maximum)
- What are your post-MBA short-term and long-term career goals? How do your professional experiences relate to these goals? How will an MBA from Berkeley help you achieve these specific career goals? (1000 word maximum)
- (Optional) Please feel free to provide a statement concerning any information you would like to add to your application that you haven’t addressed elsewhere. (500 word maximum)
Fall 2010 Haas Application Deadline & Decision Schedule
||Online Application submitted by:
||GMAT/TOEFL taken on or before deadline:
||Decision posted/ emailed by:
I will post my tips and comments next week.