Here is yet another article to suggest that the job market is finally, and slowly, improving. A Haas School Newsroom report shares the results its graduating class's job statistics.
- 77% of the full-time graduating class received job offers. This is compared to last year's 74%.
- Students have accepted jobs at 80 companies in 13 countries.
- Median base salary for this year is the same as last year at $110,000.
- The most significant hiring industries for Haas MBA grads are the fields of technology (hired about 36%) and consulting (32%).
- The energy sector, including alternative energy and infrastructure, increased in popularity this year.
- A number of Haas graduates received job offers or summer internships at top companies including Apple, Google, and McKinsey.
- 95% of Haas Class of 2011 students received internship offers for this summer.
- Summer internships are spread out over 135 companies in 15 countries.
In an initiative to work with the not-so-great job market, Berkeley-Haas career services department worked this year to track global hiring trends on top recruiting companies, and worked closely with Haas@Work, the school's experiential learning program. Students are also bumping up their job search initiatives by taking networking more seriously.
Related Accepted Blog Posts:
Want our news sent directly to your inbox? Subscribe to the Accepted Admissions Almanac by clicking here!
Accepted.com ~ Helping You Write Your Best