If , what is the value of integer ?
1. is divisible by at least 2 prime numbers greater than 2
2. is prime
GMAT Daily Deals
- e-GMAT, Verbal for Non-Natives, is offering a verbal score improvement guarantee & 37% off @ GMAT Club. Learn more!
- Magoosh GMAT is excited to offer a $450 discount coupon to the GMAT Club community. Limited time so act soon!
- $100 discount on $2000 or over of Accepted.com services exclusively thru GMAT Club! Discount code GC100. Expires 9/30.
- GMAT Club members: a free All-Access pass to all Admissionado webinars & bootcamps w/ purchase of a package. More info here!
Determining the authenticity of purported pre-Columbian artifacts is never easy. Carbon-14 dating of these artifacts is often impossible due to contamination by radioactive palladium (which occurs naturally in the soils of Central and South America). However, historians and anthropologists have evolved two reliable criteria, which, utilized in combination, have proven effective for dating these artifacts. First, because authentic pre-Columbian artifacts characteristically occur in a coarse, granular matrix that is shifted by major earthquakes, they often exhibit the unique scratch patterns known as gridding. In addition, true pre-Columbian artifacts show a darkening in surface color that is caused by centuries of exposure to the minute amounts of magnesium in the soil of the Americas.
The criteria above would be LEAST useful in judging the authenticity of which of the following?
(A) An ax head of black obsidian, unearthed from a kitchen midden
(B) A pottery bowl with a red ocher design, found in the ruins of a temple
(C) A set of gold ear weights, ornamented with jasper pendants
(D) A black feather cape from a king’s burial vault
(E) A multicolored woven sash found near the gravesite of a slave
Like these questions? Get the GMAT Club question collection: online at GMAT Club OR on your Kindle OR on your iPhone/iPad
Browse all GMAT Questions of the Day
Subscribe to GMAT Question of the Day: E-mail | RSS