What is the value of ?
1. is a mode of
2. is neither positive nor negative
GMAT Daily Deals
- e-GMAT: Save up to $536 on the world’s first prep course designed to help non-natives score higher on GMAT Verbal. Save via GMAT Club!
- Magoosh GMAT: GMAT Prep that's as smart as you are. Get up to $450 off.
- Accepted provides numerous free reports. Plus an exclusive discount of 10% from GMAT Club. Get it here.
- Tackling the Most Common Essay Prompts: an exclusive webinar from Admissionado & GMAT Club Wed, 8/8 @8:30pm EST.
George Bernard Shaw wrote: That any sane nation, having observed that you could provide for the supply of bread by giving bakers a pecuniary interest in baking for you, should go on to give a surgeon a pecuniary interest in cutting off your leg is enough to make one despair of political humanity.
Shaw's statement would best serve as an illustration in an argument criticizing which of the following?
(A) Dentists who perform unnecessary dental work in order to earn a profit
(B) Doctors who increase their profits by specializing only in diseases that affect a large percentage of the population
(C) Grocers who raise the price of food in order to increase their profit margins
(D) Oil companies that decrease the price of their oil in order to increase their market share
(E) Bakers and surgeons who earn a profit by supplying other peoples basic needs
Like these questions? Get the GMAT Club question collection: online at GMAT Club OR on your Kindle OR on your iPhone/iPad
Browse all GMAT Questions of the Day
Subscribe to GMAT Question of the Day: E-mail | RSS