We already analyzed The Economist’s rankings of the top 25 global MBA programs; now we’re going to provide insights from the Poets & Quants article, “The Economist’s Winners & Losers.” In short, volatility is the name of the game.
- 23 of the 100 top global MBA programs saw double-digit changes (jumps or falls) this year.
- The awards for the biggest falls go to University College Dublin’s Smurfit School and Vlerick Leuven, both of which dropped 25 places.
- In the U.S., USC Marshall takes the loser’s cake with a 21-spot drop from 22nd to 43rd place. Penn State’s Smeal School of Business dropped 18 places from 50th to 68th.
- The Indian Institute of Management-Ahmadehad wins points for the biggest jump, going from 28th place in 2011 to 56th place this year (22 places). The next biggest jump was Lancaster University Management School which went from 100th to 80th place over the course of the year.
- The biggest jumpers in the U.S. were Temple University Fox (89th to 77th), Cornell Johnson (25th to 15th), and Georgetown McDonough (44th to 35th).
- Newcomers to the top 100 list include Arizona State (59th), Texas Christian (71st), the International University of Japan (79th), St. Gallen University (81st), WHU Germany (87th), the International University of Monaco (97th), and Case Western Reserve Weatherhead (100th).
Please see our article on The Economist’s top 25 MBA programs for 2012 for more information.
Accepted.com ~ Helping You Write Your Best
Accepted.com’s experienced admissions consultants can help you create the most impressive application possible with comprehensive packages, or provide targeted assistance from picking perfect programs to designing a dazzling resume, constructing engaging essays, or preparing for intense interviews…and more! Accepted.com has guided thousands of applicants to acceptances at top MBA programs since 1994 – we know what works and what doesn’t, so contact us to get started now!
This article originally appeared on the Accepted Admissions Consulting Blog, the official blog of Accepted.com.