If and represent digits of a two digit number divisible by 3, is the two digit number less than 50?
1. Sum of the digits is a multiple of 18
2. Product of the digits is a multiple of 9
GMAT Daily Deals
- Only Knewton Gmat prep gives you access to >3,400 GMAT practice questions, all online. Save $351 @ GMAT Club. $351 savings @ GMAT Club!
- GMAT below 720? Let Aringo help you get accepted at top MBA Progams. GMAT Club Special = 30% off! Save today!
- Amerasia Consulting: 10% off OR sign up for 3 schools and get a 4th free thru GMAT Club. Sign up now. Learn more!
- Stratus Prep has served clients from across the country and around the globe. Save up to $500 @ GMAT Club. Learn more!
In order to save money, some of Company X's manufacturing plants converted from oil fuel to natural gas last year, when the cost of oil was more than the cost of natural gas. Because of a sudden, unexpected shortage, however, natural gas now costs more than oil, the price of which has fallen steeply over the past year. The cost of conversion back to oil would more than negate any cost savings in fuel. So Company X's fuel costs this year will be significantly higher than they were last year.
Which of the following is an assumption on which the argument above depends?
(A) Company X does not have money set aside for the increased costs of fuel.
(B) The increase in the cost of fuel cannot be offset by reductions in other operating expenses.
(C) The price of natural gas will never again fall below that of oil.
(D) The cost of fuel needed by those of Company X's plants that converted to natural gas is not less than the cost of fuel needed by those plants still using oil.
(E) The price of oil will not experience a sudden and steep increase.
Like these questions? Get the GMAT Club question collection: online at GMAT Club OR on your Kindle OR on your iPhone/iPad
Browse all GMAT Questions of the Day
Subscribe to GMAT Question of the Day: E-mail | RSS