In an exclusive interview with… well, herself, Linda Abraham shares some advice that she’s learned over the course of almost two decades of application essay editing.
Listen to the full recording of this excellent episode to learn concrete steps you can take right now to ensure that your essays are working for –and not against –you.
00:01:22 – The three goals of an application essay and how to make sure your essays realize them.
00:02:55 – Is your resume hiding you? (The mistake of friends’ children & children’s friends.)
00:05:24 – How to evaluate each of your essays individually: Know if you need to rewrite before you submit, not after you are rejected.
00:07:57 – You may not like this, but proofing is vital. Here are the three critical steps to proofing when you think you can’t proof anymore.
Subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk in iTunes so you don’t miss any segments! Stay in the admissions know.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Accepted Services Section
• MBA Admissions 101
• Med School Admissions 101
• Grad School Admissions 101
• Law School Admissions 101
• College Admissions 101
Most Popular Shows of 2013:
• MBA Video Essays: A Conversation with Rotman’s Niki da Silva
• Case Interview Secrets and More with Victor Cheng
• Dr. Douglas Stayman Shares the Scoop on Cornell Tech NYC
• Interview with SoFi Co-Founder, Daniel Macklin
• Interview with Duke Fuqua’s Sheryle Dirks
• Admissions Straight Talk on iTunes
• Admissions Straight Talk on Stitcher
Accepted.com’s experienced admissions consultants can help you create the most impressive application possible with comprehensive packages, or provide targeted assistance from picking perfect programs to designing a dazzling resume, constructing engaging essays, or preparing for intense interviews…and more! Accepted.com has guided thousands of applicants to acceptances at top MBA programs since 1994 – we know what works and what doesn’t, so contact us to get started now!
This article originally appeared on the Accepted Admissions Consulting Blog, the official blog of Accepted.com.