Admit it: You love the ring of ‘venture capital’ and ‘private equity.’
Enter Pitchbook, the ultimate resource for those looking for a future in PE/VC (and those looking for VCs to fund their futures).
Listen to the full recording of our conversation with Andy White, Senior Research Associate for Pitchbook for some great stats, info, and predictions that every PE/VC wannabe should know.
00:02:22 – PitchBook: Cat-and-mouse game or encyclopedia? (Or both?)
00:04:34 – “Top Universities Producing VC-backed Entrepreneurs.” Why this topic and why these schools.
00:07:54 – Several reasons that some schools just manage to produce more funding-receiving entrepreneurs.
00:13:55 – There is hope for you to get a PE/VC job if you don’t attend Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Booth, Kellogg. But there is even more hope if you do.
00:19:11 – Another important factor for breaking into the VC industry: your pre-MBA work.
00:22:36 – Spreading the word about the world of VC & PE.
Subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk in iTunes so you don’t miss any segments! Stay in the admissions know.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• MBA in Sight: Focus on Finance
• Accepted Blog: Posts on Entrepreneurship
• PitchBook Blog
• “Harvard, 4 Other Schools, Make Up Most MBAs at PE & VC Firms”
• “Top Universities Producing VC-backed Entrepreneurs”
• “Could You Live Without Private Equity?”
• Business, Law and Beyond: An Interview with John Engelman
• Dr. Douglas Stayman Shares the Scoop on Cornell Tech NYC<
• From Luxury Marketing to Entrepreneurship: A Talk with Daria Burke
• Jeff Reid on Entrepreneurship
• Interview with Anne Perigo, UM Master in Entrepreneurship
• Admissions Straight Talk on iTunes
• Admissions Straight Talk on Stitcher
Accepted.com’s experienced admissions consultants can help you create the most impressive application possible with comprehensive packages, or provide targeted assistance from picking perfect programs to designing a dazzling resume, constructing engaging essays, or preparing for intense interviews…and more! Accepted.com has guided thousands of applicants to acceptances at top MBA programs since 1994 – we know what works and what doesn’t, so contact us to get started now!
This article originally appeared on the Accepted Admissions Consulting Blog, the official blog of Accepted.com.