Is the range of a non-empty set S bigger than its mean?
1. All members of S are negative
2. The median of set S is negative
GMAT Daily Deals
- Manhattan GMAT: 99 percentile teachers and superior curriculum at a more affordable price. Save @ GMAT Club. Save $325!
- There's still a little time to save $50 on mbaMission Application Writing Bootcamps - Learn More. Learn More
- The Princeton Review teaches both material & testing strategies - not just the answers. Save $350 @ GMAT Club. Learn More!
When Bob’s Bistro opened in the town of Montrose last year, the proprietors of Andrew’s Eatery, the only other restaurant in town, feared that their business would suffer. Surprisingly though, in the past year the average number of meals per day served at Andrew’s Eatery has actually increased significantly.
Which of the following, if true, provides the best explanation for this occurrence?
(A) The meals at Andrew’s Eatery are substantially lower in price than those offered at Bob’s Bistro.
(B) Bob’s Bistro is closed on Sundays, and so for Sunday brunch residents of Montrose would either go to Andrew’s Eatery or venture to a neighboring town.
(C) The profit per meal is higher, on average, at Bob’s Bistro than it is at Andrew’s Eatery.
(D) Bob’s Bistro attracts a large number of patrons that had never dined in Montrose before, and on many days Bob’s Bistro attracts more customers than it can seat.
(E) Andrew’s Eatery serves considerably more meals on weekends than it does on weekdays, which is not the case at Bob’s Bistro.
Like these questions? Get the GMAT Club question collection: online at GMAT Club OR on your Kindle OR on your iPhone/iPad
Browse all GMAT Questions of the Day
Subscribe to GMAT Question of the Day: E-mail | RSS