Set consists of a certain number of even integers divisible by 3. Is standard deviation of positive?
1. All elements of set are positive
2. The range of set is 0
GMAT Daily Deals
- e-GMAT’s methods help non-natives improve on GMAT Verbal. $595 total savings @ GMAT Club. Learn more. Save $595 via GMAT Club!
- Magoosh GMAT - GMAT Prep that's as smart as you are. Save $325 on Magoosh through GMAT Club. Get up to $325 off!
- Accepted Free On-Demand Webinar: 7 Steps to a Stronger MBA Application. Free Webinar Available!
- Check out our discounts that are only offered through GMAT Club. Learn more!
A study attempting to link fertility with increased sexual availability concluded that women unconsciously dress more attractively during ovulation. The study was conducted using pairs of photographs of 200 women and volunteer viewers who chose the photograph in which they thought the woman appeared more attractive. Researchers found that 67% of the time viewers chose the photo taken when the woman was ovulating.
The methodology of the study above is flawed for which of the following reasons?
(A) The study fails to specify what is meant by the word attractive, leaving it up to the opinion of the individual viewer.
(B) Because all the viewers were male, the results of the study were skewed by individual responses to attractive women.
(C) The study fails to account for the psychological complexity of sexual desire in women
(D) The study assumes that women will dress more attractively when they have greater sexual desire.
(E) Most women do not know when they are ovulating, and so would not dress more attractively on that day.
Like these questions? Get the GMAT Club question collection: online at GMAT Club OR on your Kindle OR on your iPhone/iPad
Browse all GMAT Questions of the Day
Subscribe to GMAT Question of the Day: E-mail | RSS