A rectangle is inscribed in a circle of radius 5. Is the area of the rectangle bigger than 48 ?
1. The ratio of the lengths of sides of the rectangle is 3:4
2. The difference between the lengths of sides of the rectangle is smaller than 3
GMAT Daily Deals
- Manhattan GMAT: 99 percentile teachers and superior curriculum at a more affordable price. Save @ GMAT Club. Save $325!
- There's still a little time to save $50 on mbaMission Application Writing Bootcamps - Learn More. Learn More
- The Princeton Review teaches both material & testing strategies - not just the answers. Save $350 @ GMAT Club. Learn More!
In Patton City, days are categorized as having heavy rainfall (more than two inches), moderate rainfall (more than one inch, but no more than two inches), light rainfall (at least a trace, but no more than one inch), or no rainfall. In 1990, there were fewer days with light rainfall than in 1910 and fewer with moderate rainfall, yet total rainfall for the year was 20 percent higher in 1990 than in 1910.
If the statements above are true, then it is also possible that in Patton City
(A) the number of days with heavy rainfall was lower in 1990 than in 1910
(B) the number of days with some rainfall, but no more than two inches, was the same in 1990 as in 1910
(C) the number of days with some rainfall, but no more than two inches, was higher in 1990 than in 1910
(D) the total number of inches of rain that fell on days with moderate rainfall in 1990 was more than twice what it had been in 1910
(E) the average amount of rainfall per month was lower in 1990 than in 1910
Like these questions? Get the GMAT Club question collection: online at GMAT Club OR on your iPhone/iPad
Browse all GMAT Questions of the Day
Subscribe to GMAT Question of the Day: E-mail | RSS