Water evaporates at the rate of two liters per hour per one square meter of surface. How long will it take to evaporate 30 liters of water from a swimming pool full of water with vertical walls and a flat bottom that holds 56 cubic meters of water?
1. The depth of the pool is 2 meters
2. The pool is circular with a radius of 3 meters
GMAT Daily Deals
- GMAT below 720? Let Aringo help you get accepted at top MBA Progams. GMAT Club Special = 30% off! Save today!
- Amerasia Consulting: 10% off OR sign up for 3 schools and get a 4th free thru GMAT Club. Sign up now. Learn more!
- Stratus Prep has served clients from across the country and around the globe. Save up to $500 @ GMAT Club. Learn more!
Owner of JavaJoint: Over the past year, the coffee store has become a daily hang-out for more and more teenagers. Many of our adult customers do not appear comfortable with this kind of crowd and some of them have told me that they will no longer stop here for a coffee drink. Since my goal is to maximize our revenue, I want you to discourage teenagers from coming here and start cultivating a more adult crowd.
Store manager: Are you sure? On average, each teenager spends just as much as the average adult does, and we have far more new customers than we have lost over the past year.
The store manager responds to the owner by
(A) questioning the veracity of owner’s evidence
(B) arguing that it would be difficult to implement the owner’s directive
(C) offering new evidence implying that the status quo is not incompatible with the owner’s goal
(D) demonstrating that the average teenage customer is as profitable as the average adult customer
(E) offering new evidence refuting that presented by the owner
Like these questions? Get the GMAT Club question collection: online at GMAT Club OR on your iPhone/iPad
Browse all GMAT Questions of the Day
Subscribe to GMAT Question of the Day: E-mail | RSS