Dr. Scott Schaefer escaped an economics conference and ended up in a fortuitous encounter that changed his life.
Listen to the recording of our conversation with Dr. Shaefer, Kendall D. Garff Chair in Business Administration and Professor of Finance at the University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business, for some great insights into small business, business school, and the place where the two meet.
00:02:03 – How a trip to the shoe store inspired Roadside MBA.
00:06:35 – The Roadside MBA Manifesto.
00:12:54 – Want to hear some great stories?
00:17:43 – The story Scott wishes he had included in the book (and so does Linda).
00:24:57 – Surprising takeaways from Roadside MBA project.
00:28:53 – How the Roadside MBA changed the way Scott teaches.
00:33:45 – If only MBA students came to campus knowing…
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Roadside MBA: Backroad Wisdom for Entrepreneurs, Executives and Small Business Owners (Linda highly recommends it.)
• Roadside MBA
• Roadside MBA on Twitter
• Entrepreneurship & the MBA
• MBAs Across America: Entrepreneurs with a Heart
• MBAs Across America: The Coolest HBS Internship (original interview)
• Dr. Douglas Stayman Shares the Scoop on Cornell Tech NYC
• Introducing the Master in Entrepreneurship Program at the Univ. of Michigan
Subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk:
Accepted.com's experienced admissions consultants can help you create the most impressive application possible with comprehensive packages, or provide targeted assistance from picking perfect programs to designing a dazzling resume, constructing engaging essays, or preparing for intense interviews…and more! Accepted.com has guided thousands of applicants to acceptances at top MBA programs since 1994 – we know what works and what doesn't, so contact us to get started now!
This article originally appeared on the Accepted Admissions Consulting Blog, the official blog of Accepted.com.