If you are one of the adventurous souls planning on leaving your comfort zone to study abroad, we’d like to introduce you to a treasure trove of invaluable resources.
Listen to the recording of our conversation with Ross Mason, VP of Envisage International for important tips and information about international student loans, health insurance, and other topics that matter to you.
00:03:31 – Envisage: Helping international students.
00:06:02 – How Ross got involved and what’s changed in past decade plus.
00:10:08 – Advice for a US resident applying to school abroad.
00:14:00 – Advice for a non-US resident applying to school in the United States.
00:19:42 – Health insurance for a US student accepted to an international school.
00:22:48 – What a non-US resident accepted to an US school needs to know about health insurance.
00:24:43 – Finding insurance: where to turn.
00:25:51 – What else is out there for students going abroad?
00:28:00 – Top advice for an international student preparing to go to school out of the country.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• International Student Loan
• Financial Aid for International Students in the USA
• International Financial Aid Resources
• IEFA: International Financial Aid and College Scholarship Search
• International Student Insurance Plans (Country pages on the bottom right)
• US School Insurance Requirements
• International Student Insurance Explained
• International Student & Study Abroad Resource Center
• International Students and the Individual Mandate Under PPACA
• The Affordable Care Act and J1 Participants in Non-Student Categories
• Global Business Leadership at Wharton’s Lauder Institute
• Non-Academic Careers for PhDs: A Talk with Dr. Paula Chambers
• CommonBond’s Story: A Revolution in Student Loans
• Is a PhD a Good Idea?
• An Inside Look at INSEAD
• Leadership is King: Interview with IMD’s Lisa Piguet
• Interview with SoFi Co-Founder, Daniel Macklin
Subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk:
Accepted.com's experienced admissions consultants can help you create the most impressive application possible with comprehensive packages, or provide targeted assistance from picking perfect programs to designing a dazzling resume, constructing engaging essays, or preparing for intense interviews…and more! Accepted.com has guided thousands of applicants to acceptances at top MBA programs since 1994 – we know what works and what doesn't, so contact us to get started now!
This article originally appeared on the Accepted Admissions Consulting Blog, the official blog of Accepted.com.