Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 04:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post bachelor's work ex or pre experience masters?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Post bachelor's work ex or pre experience masters? [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2010, 00:05
Hello everyone,

I will be done with me bachelors in Business Administration (majors in IB) frm one of the top 5 b schools in India for BBA.
My CGPA is 3.5/4.0
gt decent 90 % in my (XII) high school with 98 in accounts's and business studies.
will give me gmat on 3rd jan 11
hv done two small internships
1. in a huge export firm
2. in an ngo
have won many business competitions at college and inter college ( intern'l ) level!

Now my question is...
1. even if I manage to get a good gmat score that is >680..should I apply for B schools offering pre experience masters...like ESCP, LBS, HEC! or shud I gain one or two years of post bachelor's we and then apply for masters so that I have more probability of getting a job in france or uk after my ms!??...
2. programmes like Mim LBS..require less than one year of "post graduation" w-e...so does that mean with more that one year of post bachelors we one can still apply fr these programs?

Thanks in advance! :P
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Post bachelor's work ex or pre experience masters? [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2010, 19:25
You didn't explain in your post exactly why you need to go to b-school at this moment to advance your career. You do mention working in Europe as something you want to do, so I'm going to answer with the assumption that is your only goal.

Unless you are going into management consulting or banking directly from b-school, I would not recommend using b-school as your best option for going to work in Europe. There are certainly much less expensive ways to get a job in Europe... Perhaps work for an international firm that can transfer you abroad. Perhaps work in an international business position that requires you to travel and make contacts overseas (and they can get you a job in Europe). Perhaps find a company in Europe that will employ you directly out of undergrad and sponsor a visa.

Since you're not very far into your career, you might not have a good grasp on how you want to spend the remaining decades. You need to clarify your post-b-school career goals (in a forum reply if you know your goals, or with some self-reflection if you don't). Unless you can clearly explain why your career requires you to go to b-school at this time, you should not go to b-school now.

I'll send you a PM with another question.

B-School Nerd

Re: Post bachelor's work ex or pre experience masters?   [#permalink] 27 Dec 2010, 19:25