Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 20:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post MBA application - what to do

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Post MBA application - what to do [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 10:28
Hello,

I applied to MBA schools in R2 recently.
I was wondering what should be the right approach once you submitted the application -
1) SHould you somehow contact adcom and students and alumni - so that you seem interested in the programme by this. OR remain quite and wait for next communcation from the school

2) In case you are invited for the interview - what is best - have face-to-face alumni interview in your country (for internationals) or have telephonic with adcom. For example, I got invite from UNC but haven't replied back yet what should I do

3) In case some school, like Kellogg, waives your interview due to high number of applicants in your area. What does that mean? What should be your approach.

Look forward to your replies.

Regards,
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Post MBA application - what to do [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2011, 09:43
1) If you submitted your application for R2 then you should wait to hear a decision. Most schools provide a time frame in which they will let you know if you've been admitted. Bugging them before decisions are made will not increase your chances of getting in.

2) Choose the option that will allow you to perform the best. Typically, in person interviews are easier because you can communicate via facial expressions and body language as well. I often conduct mock interviews to assist applicants as they prepare for live interviews. I always find the mock interviews are a bit more challenging since you cannot see each other or get feedback from non-verbal cues.

3) Sometimes schools will choose not to interview all applicants. There is really nothing you can do about it. However, if the school has a networking event in your area, be sure to attend and make some contacts.

Scottie
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Save 10% on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.