Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post MBA careers in business related jobs.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Post MBA careers in business related jobs. [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 18:54
Dear all,

I would like to change my career and would like to mention so in my application. I don't have enough information about Post MBA careers in business related field. I'm interested in HR jobs but don't have sufficient information about them. Also would u advice me about business jobs that have something to do with six sigma .. What about a business analyst? I do appreciate all your advices and suggestions. Thank you very much.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 119

Kudos [?]: 558 [0], given: 114

Re: Post MBA careers in business related jobs. [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 07:23
Unfortunately I don't know too much myself about HR and Six Sigma, but I definitely agree that you need to research this some more before you finish you application and essays. If you don't sound like you know what you're talking about, it will not look favorably on you.

My understand of Six Sigma is that it is not actually implemented by HR, but of course HR has a huge role to play in the entire process. I would take a look at this article: http://www.isixsigma.com/new-to-six-sig ... six-sigma/

Also, it might not be bad to get a low level certification in Six Sigma (if possible) to help you not only learn but build you application. I wouldn't want to just jump into a career path before I knew what it was all about. Otherwise I woudln't know if I'd actually like it. What makes you want to do HR or get into six sigma? If you can answer that, then you app will be much better off.

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Post MBA careers in business related jobs. [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 17:37
Thank you very much for your reply. I totally agree with you. Due to time constraint, I unfortunately can't get a six sigma certification although I was really interested to do so. But I still have one question: If the mba program I am applying for is more "consulting" oriented. They do teach management and communication skills and teach the students the tools they need to analyze a firm's business. So, If I like what they do, but have never got a position in consulting, will I sound "honest" if I mentioned in my application that this is the career I'd like to pursue in the future? What should support that? Also, what if I mentioned I like HR jobs (I used to have a course in it and I like the tasks they have to accomplish), do I "fit" in such a program that is more consulting oriented? It will be a great help to me, if you'd answer these questions :) I really appreciate that. Thank you :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Post MBA careers in business related jobs. [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 22:34
You should search online for best results this regarding or you could take an advice from experts for that.They will also suggest you the best solution.

globalvisas.ie/canada-visa
Re: Post MBA careers in business related jobs.   [#permalink] 01 May 2012, 22:34