Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 07:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post MBA goals

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Post MBA goals [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 20:29
Can any one give me a critique/evaluation/suggestions on the my ST goal?
I am an engineer and I am going to study marketing to learn product management better. I elaborate this idea in essay but I think it's about "why MBA". For post MBA goals, I don't know how to elarborate them.

Thanks
--------------------------------------------

My short term goals are to join a management trainee program/leadership program and then pursue a manager position in product management area in high-tech industry. I am going to learn marketing with a concentration of product and brand management in ABC School

A leadership program fits me best because it will place me in different business areas from strategy, technology, and marketing and to operations. Gaining a complete picture of business and honing leadership skills, I will step further to a management position. Working in different business segments, being responsible for strategy plans, leading teams and driving business into new growth levels, I foresee quite a challenging- high-impact, complex, strategic, and fast paced-job ahead.

Although I haven’t had any marketing experience, this great challenge attracts me to face it. I was always eager to know challenges. Setting a goal and overcoming challenges made me feel my life is a river rushing passionately past boulders and over waterfalls. In college time, I became top %1 student from the bottom. At work, I always initiatly take the most challenging tasks and go beyond people’ expectations. On the one hand, my engineering experience gave me strong analytical skills and quick learning ability, and taught me to identify the root causes of problems and develop permanent solutions to them. On the other hand, it cannot meet my unsatified desire for business knowledge and personal growth.

With the aspiration for career success, solid hard skills in technology and stong desire and excitement toward new challenges, I am ready!
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Post MBA goals [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2010, 17:52
Expert's post
What seems to be missing is the why portion of your goal. What is it about marketing that appeals to you besides the challenge of doing something you know little about? Why do you love marketing? What inspired you to pursue it as a career? Why do you think you would be good at it? Are you creative? Energetic? able to see things form multiple perspectives? These are the kinds of questions b-schools want answered. Reveal what is in your heart, what makes you tick, and you will be on your way.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Post MBA goals   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2010, 17:52