Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 243 [0], given: 67

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 07:49
Thanks rebacca fr ur reply
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE: Human Resources (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 181

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 16:38
Hi Rebecca !

I still do not understand the scale for the GMAT Prep practice questions . For example , difficulty level 2.2 or 2.6 ..........etc is out of what (what is the maximum grade?) ... what is he range of values on this scale that corresponds to easy , medium , and difficult ?

By he way , I am targeting a 600-650 ... in which category do I need to have most of my correct answers : medium or hard ?

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg [ 159.19 KiB | Viewed 1544 times ]

My RC Recipe
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-rc-recipe-149577.html

My Problem Takeaway Template
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-simplest-problem-takeaway-template-150646.html

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 149

Kudos [?]: 488 [0], given: 527

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 27 May 2013, 00:15
Hi Rebecca,

I was always wondering why it is not allowed to drink water during the GMAT?
Yes, eating may distract others, but drinking is normal, because a human body contains about 75% of water.
It seems normal to drink when you want it, when you are anxious or you are dry.

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 12:17
Expert's post
PTK wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

I was always wondering why it is not allowed to drink water during the GMAT?
Yes, eating may distract others, but drinking is normal, because a human body contains about 75% of water.
It seems normal to drink when you want it, when you are anxious or you are dry.

Hi PTK,

Test takers are only allowed to drink water during breaks. The reasons being:

1. The test taker cannot bring anything personal into the test room, including beverages.
2. The tests are given on computers, if a beverage were to be spilled on the equipment it would cause a distraction for both the test taker and the other test takers in the room.

I hope this clears up your question.

Thanks!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

VP
VP

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 05:52
Hi Rebacca

I took test at "Xenitis testing center, Kolkata, India" on 29th May, 2013
Something strange happened. During the test a message appeared that "your response are not being saved". I immediately informed the administrator, he switched the computer and restarted the system. I noticed that i lost almost 5 minutes, but the administrator said its not possible.

Whatever, I do not think its right, that computer presents some hardware error and I have to suffer from concentration and timing point of view.

Is there any provision for re-test without paying anything or something stated in official score about the technical glitch that occurred during test.

Archit
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 413 [0], given: 99

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 05:58
Expert's post
Archit143 wrote:
Hi Rebacca

Something strange happened. During the test a message appeared that "your response are not being saved". I immediately informed the administrator, he switched the computer and restarted the system. I noticed that i lost almost 5 minutes, but the administrator said its not possible.

Whatever, I do not think its right, that computer presents some hardware error and I have to suffer from concentration and timing point of view.

Is there any provision for re-test without paying anything or something stated in official score about the technical glitch that occurred during test.

Archit

That's terrible man :shock:

let's see what Rebecca has to say...

BTW,what's you score?

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 09:53
Expert's post
Archit143 wrote:
Hi Rebacca

Archit

Hello, Archit. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Can you please send an email to socialmedia@mba.com with your name, contact information, GMAT ID, and, if you were given on, the incident number for this situation? We will look into this for you. Thank you.

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 10:31
Hi,
I am new to this forum. Actually I wanted some help. I prepared for GMAT for around 1.5 months. I practiced from the GMAT review book and a no of other books. I always made it a point to fix the clock and do the verbal and quantitative accordingly. But when I took the test I, all of a sudden got confused and landed up getting very poor marks in my GMAT. How should I go about it? Please suggest me some method to get a good score.

Thanking You,
Atreyee Chatterjee.
VP
VP

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 19:39
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Archit143 wrote:
Hi Rebacca

Archit

Hello, Archit. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Can you please send an email to socialmedia@mba.com with your name, contact information, GMAT ID, and, if you were given on, the incident number for this situation? We will look into this for you. Thank you.

Rebecca

Hi Rebacca
I have mailed on the mentioned email id.
Archit
Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 06:29
Expert's post
atreyee87 wrote:
Hi,
I am new to this forum. Actually I wanted some help. I prepared for GMAT for around 1.5 months. I practiced from the GMAT review book and a no of other books. I always made it a point to fix the clock and do the verbal and quantitative accordingly. But when I took the test I, all of a sudden got confused and landed up getting very poor marks in my GMAT. How should I go about it? Please suggest me some method to get a good score.

Thanking You,
Atreyee Chatterjee.

Hello, Atreyee. Sorry to hear you are having trouble cracking the GMAT exam. First, I should emphasize that there is no one study strategy that works for everyone or can guarantee you a specific score. That said, it sounds like you are performing well on your practice exams at home, but that during the exam you were very stressed and did not perform as well as expected. You may want to take a look at the videos on this page: http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-day.aspx. The virtual test center tour may help you to feel more confident on test day. We hear from many students who have said that watching the test center tour gave them a better idea of what they needed to do on test day, which helped them relax and focus on the exam. The second video is of recent GMAT test-takers. They gave their best exam-day advice. Hearing from other students about what works for them may give you ideas for how you need to prepare. Remember, the GMAT exam can be a stressful experience for everyone. You are definitely not alone. I wish you the best of luck!

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 225 [0], given: 543

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2013, 05:28
Hi,

I've always wanted to know why we can't carry a bottle of water to the exam hall? Any particular reason for that?

Best Wishes,
Fozzzy

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 09:47
Expert's post
fozzzy wrote:
Hi,

I've always wanted to know why we can't carry a bottle of water to the exam hall? Any particular reason for that?

Best Wishes,
Fozzzy

Hi, Fozzzy. Unfortunately security concerns have caused to to stop allowing any outside materials into the exam. I know it causes inconvenience, and I do apologize for that.

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 8

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 08:28
Hi,

I had taken GMAT exam twice before and scored a 510 and 620. Now, I have planned to write the GMAT for the third time. But , for this third attempt i have created a new account instead of usinf the account i had used for the first two exams. Will this be a problem ? Please advise.
Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 12:24
Expert's post
vasanth0487 wrote:
Hi,

I had taken GMAT exam twice before and scored a 510 and 620. Now, I have planned to write the GMAT for the third time. But , for this third attempt i have created a new account instead of usinf the account i had used for the first two exams. Will this be a problem ? Please advise.

Hello, Vasanth0487. If you send an email to socialmedia@mba.com with your name, Date of Birth, and the email addresses you used to register for your accounts, we can merge those for you.

Thank you!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 8

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2013, 08:27
OfficialGMAT wrote:
vasanth0487 wrote:
Hi,

Hello, Vasanth0487. If you send an email to socialmedia@mba.com with your name, Date of Birth, and the email addresses you used to register for your accounts, we can merge those for you.

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply. But, what if i don't to merge the accounts? If i wish to take the GMAT with my new account, will that cause a problem ? Please advise.

Thanks
Vasanth
Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 06:54
Expert's post
vasanth0487 wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
vasanth0487 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply. But, what if i don't to merge the accounts? If i wish to take the GMAT with my new account, will that cause a problem ? Please advise.

Thanks
Vasanth

Hi Vasanth,

If you do not merge the accounts, then they will be merged eventually. We strive to have only one unique account per test taker and the palm vein patterns matching helps us in that effort. Having duplicate accounts could potentially cause your GMAT Exam scores to be flagged for review or subject to cancellation.

Thanks

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Director
Director

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2013, 05:59
Hi,

What's the minimum amount of time required to book an exam date? Can we book a date 24 hours / 48 hours in advance? Also how can I change the e-mail I'm currently using as my Login Id at Mba.com. Can it be done directly or is there a procedure?

Best,
Fozzzy

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 05:40
Expert's post
fozzzy wrote:
Hi,

What's the minimum amount of time required to book an exam date? Can we book a date 24 hours / 48 hours in advance? Also how can I change the e-mail I'm currently using as my Login Id at Mba.com. Can it be done directly or is there a procedure?

Best,
Fozzzy

Hi Fozzy,

You can schedule an exam 24 hours before the exam start time, based on availability. You can change your email address by logging into your mba.com account and going to mymba.com.

Good luck in your studies!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Director
Director

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2013, 06:29
Hi,

I have two questions. First, is there a penalty if you don't complete the IR section on time?

Second, is this process repeated ( Photo etc Link below) every time someone takes the GMAT exam. Lets say, someone takes the test twice.

http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-day.aspx

Best,
Fozzzy

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2013, 07:05
Expert's post
fozzzy wrote:
Hi,

I have two questions. First, is there a penalty if you don't complete the IR section on time?

Second, is this process repeated ( Photo etc Link below) every time someone takes the GMAT exam. Lets say, someone takes the test twice.

http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-day.aspx

Best,
Fozzzy

Thanks for the questions, Fozzzy! There is a penalty for not completing the IR section. The IR section is scored separately and does not count toward your total score, but your IR score will be affected by a failure to complete the section.

As for your section question, the answer is yes, you will need to undergo the full check-in process each time you take the exam, including presenting proper identification and undergoing the palm vein scan. This allows us to verify that you are who you say you are.

Good luck in your studies!

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 01 Aug 2013, 07:05