Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 09:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 182
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2013, 07:20
Expert's post
saurabhbatra2 wrote:
Hi

I have few unanswered questions. Would really appreciate if someone could answer

1) If I chose to send my first GMAT exam's scores to a B-school, but did not chose that B-school in second take, will the B-school have access to my 2nd GMAT score?
2) In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I chose B-school during my GMAT?
3) Can I request additional score reporting before receiving my official score, say, next day of my GMAT?
4) If 3) is yes, In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I select the B-school on the next day of my GMAT?
5) If 3) is No, In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I select the B-school on the day I receive official score?

Thanks!!!

Sorry, If am violating forum rules by re-posting this question! :)


Thanks for all the questions! I will answer them in order:

1) Your GMAT score report will include all GMAT exams taken in the past five years. If you retake the exam, but do not send the updated score report, the school will not see the most recent score.
2) Your Official Score Report takes 20 days to process, so schools will receive a copy of the report 21 days after the time you take the exam.
3) You can send your score report to up to five schools on the day of the exam at no extra charge. If you choose to send your report to more schools, or to do so after the exam, you will need to pay the $28 fee per additional score report.
4) If you choose to wait until the day after the exam to send your score reports (and pay the fee) your Official Score Report will still take 20 days after the time you took the exam, as your exam will still be in the process of being scored.
5) Once your Official Score report is ready (which is 20 calendar days afer you take the exam) additional Official Score Reports can be sent to schools within 7 calendar days.

I hope that clarifies things.

Rebecca
_________________

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2013, 09:25
Thanks Rebecca for your reply.
If I have understood you well, I can request additional score reporting (other than the five I selected during exam) before I receive my official score, But it will take approximately 7 days after official score is genertated, for my reports to reach B-school, irrespective of the day in the '20 day period' I place the request?
OfficialGMAT wrote:
saurabhbatra2 wrote:
Hi

I have few unanswered questions. Would really appreciate if someone could answer

1) If I chose to send my first GMAT exam's scores to a B-school, but did not chose that B-school in second take, will the B-school have access to my 2nd GMAT score?
2) In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I chose B-school during my GMAT?
3) Can I request additional score reporting before receiving my official score, say, next day of my GMAT?
4) If 3) is yes, In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I select the B-school on the next day of my GMAT?
5) If 3) is No, In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I select the B-school on the day I receive official score?

Thanks!!!

Sorry, If am violating forum rules by re-posting this question! :)


Thanks for all the questions! I will answer them in order:

1) Your GMAT score report will include all GMAT exams taken in the past five years. If you retake the exam, but do not send the updated score report, the school will not see the most recent score.
2) Your Official Score Report takes 20 days to process, so schools will receive a copy of the report 21 days after the time you take the exam.
3) You can send your score report to up to five schools on the day of the exam at no extra charge. If you choose to send your report to more schools, or to do so after the exam, you will need to pay the $28 fee per additional score report.
4) If you choose to wait until the day after the exam to send your score reports (and pay the fee) your Official Score Report will still take 20 days after the time you took the exam, as your exam will still be in the process of being scored.
5) Once your Official Score report is ready (which is 20 calendar days afer you take the exam) additional Official Score Reports can be sent to schools within 7 calendar days.

I hope that clarifies things.

Rebecca
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 38
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 35

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2013, 19:42
Hello,

I gave my GMAT exam on July 20. Today, when I logged in to mba.com , I saw the status on the GMAT history as 'Score Reportable'..
However I haven't received any e-mail communication to access my official score. I also fear that the email might have ended up in Spam but I deleted all my SPAM emails. I called up customer service. According to the customer rep, she has no way to track if an e-mail was sent to me and she cannot send me an e-mail..
I am worried that I might not be able to find out my AWA and IR scores. Please help !

(I do have the unofficial report and the authentication code.. I just don't have the URL to access my GMAT score)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 38
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 35

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2013, 09:09
gmatgeek wrote:
Hello,

I gave my GMAT exam on July 20. Today, when I logged in to mba.com , I saw the status on the GMAT history as 'Score Reportable'..
However I haven't received any e-mail communication to access my official score. I also fear that the email might have ended up in Spam but I deleted all my SPAM emails. I called up customer service. According to the customer rep, she has no way to track if an e-mail was sent to me and she cannot send me an e-mail..
I am worried that I might not be able to find out my AWA and IR scores. Please help !

(I do have the unofficial report and the authentication code.. I just don't have the URL to access my GMAT score)



Please ignore this. I received the e-mail today. However I would like to have one recommendation .If we can have a central place where we can login anytime and view the GMAT score (instead of waiting for a personalized link), it would help to reduce anxiety . Makingthe score accessible in mba.com would be even better. Thanks !
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 182
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2013, 09:22
Expert's post
gmatgeek wrote:
gmatgeek wrote:
Hello,

I gave my GMAT exam on July 20. Today, when I logged in to mba.com , I saw the status on the GMAT history as 'Score Reportable'..
However I haven't received any e-mail communication to access my official score. I also fear that the email might have ended up in Spam but I deleted all my SPAM emails. I called up customer service. According to the customer rep, she has no way to track if an e-mail was sent to me and she cannot send me an e-mail..
I am worried that I might not be able to find out my AWA and IR scores. Please help !

(I do have the unofficial report and the authentication code.. I just don't have the URL to access my GMAT score)



Please ignore this. I received the e-mail today. However I would like to have one recommendation .If we can have a central place where we can login anytime and view the GMAT score (instead of waiting for a personalized link), it would help to reduce anxiety . Makingthe score accessible in mba.com would be even better. Thanks !


Thanks for the feedback, and I am glad you were able to access your scores! To answer your question, at this time the secure personalized link is the the best way to ensure the security of your Official Score Report and your privacy. Although we are always exploring ways to make score report access easier on candidates, at this time the personalized link the the best way to provide your score report. Thanks for asking!

Rebecca
_________________

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council


Last edited by OfficialGMAT on 06 Aug 2013, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 182
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2013, 09:35
Expert's post
saurabhbatra2 wrote:
Thanks Rebecca for your reply.
If I have understood you well, I can request additional score reporting (other than the five I selected during exam) before I receive my official score, But it will take approximately 7 days after official score is genertated, for my reports to reach B-school, irrespective of the day in the '20 day period' I place the request?
OfficialGMAT wrote:
saurabhbatra2 wrote:
Hi

I have few unanswered questions. Would really appreciate if someone could answer

1) If I chose to send my first GMAT exam's scores to a B-school, but did not chose that B-school in second take, will the B-school have access to my 2nd GMAT score?
2) In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I chose B-school during my GMAT?
3) Can I request additional score reporting before receiving my official score, say, next day of my GMAT?
4) If 3) is yes, In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I select the B-school on the next day of my GMAT?
5) If 3) is No, In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I select the B-school on the day I receive official score?

Thanks!!!

Sorry, If am violating forum rules by re-posting this question! :)


Thanks for all the questions! I will answer them in order:

1) Your GMAT score report will include all GMAT exams taken in the past five years. If you retake the exam, but do not send the updated score report, the school will not see the most recent score.
2) Your Official Score Report takes 20 days to process, so schools will receive a copy of the report 21 days after the time you take the exam.
3) You can send your score report to up to five schools on the day of the exam at no extra charge. If you choose to send your report to more schools, or to do so after the exam, you will need to pay the $28 fee per additional score report.
4) If you choose to wait until the day after the exam to send your score reports (and pay the fee) your Official Score Report will still take 20 days after the time you took the exam, as your exam will still be in the process of being scored.
5) Once your Official Score report is ready (which is 20 calendar days afer you take the exam) additional Official Score Reports can be sent to schools within 7 calendar days.

I hope that clarifies things.

Rebecca


If you choose to wait until the day after your exam to order score reports, rather than selecting them for free at test time, those schools will receive your score report after 20 business days. It will not take an additional seven days after your score report is available.

Rebecca
_________________

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2013
Posts: 16
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2013, 07:40
Hi

I took my GMAT on 22 July 2013. My profile on MBA.com shows that the Score is reportable, but I haven't received a link to the official score nor can I access it through the MBA.com website.

Is this common?

Thanks
QD
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Yes. It was I who let the dogs out.
Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 44
Location: Canada
H: B
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT Date: 08-31-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2013, 08:02
Dear Rebecca

I was trying to gather more information about the scoring of the Analytical Writing Assessment. The only information available in the GMAT Handbook was as follows:
    Scoring: 0.0-6.0
    Each essay is scored at least twice, once by a human reader and once by a computer. The scores are all averaged to provide one section score, reported in intervals of 0.5.
Computer Score: c
Human Score: h
Reported Score = \frac{c+h}{2}

Could you please elaborate more on your scoring methodology and how you arrived at the score. e.g if I were to lay the following intervals for you. What makes the essay fall in the intervals below ?

0.0 - 0.5
0.5 - 1.0
1.0 - 1.5
2.0 - 2.5
2.5 - 3.0
3.0 - 3.5
4.0 - 4.0
4.0 - 4.5
4.5 - 5.0
5.0 - 5.5
5.5 - 6.0

Thank you in advance.
_________________

Yogi Bhajan: If you want to learn a thing, read that; if you want to know a thing, write that; if you want to master a thing, teach that.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 182
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2013, 10:09
Expert's post
hb wrote:
Dear Rebecca

I was trying to gather more information about the scoring of the Analytical Writing Assessment. The only information available in the GMAT Handbook was as follows:
    Scoring: 0.0-6.0
    Each essay is scored at least twice, once by a human reader and once by a computer. The scores are all averaged to provide one section score, reported in intervals of 0.5.
Computer Score: c
Human Score: h
Reported Score = \frac{c+h}{2}

Could you please elaborate more on your scoring methodology and how you arrived at the score. e.g if I were to lay the following intervals for you. What makes the essay fall in the intervals below ?

0.0 - 0.5
0.5 - 1.0
1.0 - 1.5
2.0 - 2.5
2.5 - 3.0
3.0 - 3.5
4.0 - 4.0
4.0 - 4.5
4.5 - 5.0
5.0 - 5.5
5.5 - 6.0

Thank you in advance.


Thanks for the question! As you noted, your AWA is scored twice-once via our scoring software, and once by a trained AWA evaluator. Your final score is the average of those two scores, so the .5 would indicate an averaging of two full-point scores. For that reason, there is no prescriptive instructions that would differentiate .5 differences in score. Please note that if there is more than a one point difference in the two score, your essay would be put under review to ensure the score you get is accurate and fair. Good luck!
_________________

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Yes. It was I who let the dogs out.
Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 44
Location: Canada
H: B
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT Date: 08-31-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2013, 12:57
OfficialGMAT wrote:
hb wrote:
Dear Rebecca

I was trying to gather more information about the scoring of the Analytical Writing Assessment. The only information available in the GMAT Handbook was as follows:
    Scoring: 0.0-6.0
    Each essay is scored at least twice, once by a human reader and once by a computer. The scores are all averaged to provide one section score, reported in intervals of 0.5.
Computer Score: c
Human Score: h
Reported Score = \frac{c+h}{2}

Could you please elaborate more on your scoring methodology and how you arrived at the score. e.g if I were to lay the following intervals for you. What makes the essay fall in the intervals below ?

0.0 - 0.5
0.5 - 1.0
1.0 - 1.5
2.0 - 2.5
2.5 - 3.0
3.0 - 3.5
4.0 - 4.0
4.0 - 4.5
4.5 - 5.0
5.0 - 5.5
5.5 - 6.0

Thank you in advance.


Thanks for the question! As you noted, your AWA is scored twice-once via our scoring software, and once by a trained AWA evaluator. Your final score is the average of those two scores, so the .5 would indicate an averaging of two full-point scores. For that reason, there is no prescriptive instructions that would differentiate .5 differences in score. Please note that if there is more than a one point difference in the two score, your essay would be put under review to ensure the score you get is accurate and fair. Good luck!


Your answer does not answer my question. Thank You anyways.
_________________

Yogi Bhajan: If you want to learn a thing, read that; if you want to know a thing, write that; if you want to master a thing, teach that.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Yes. It was I who let the dogs out.
Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 44
Location: Canada
H: B
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT Date: 08-31-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2013, 13:02
GMATPrep® Question Pack 1: Extend your free GMATPrep® software download with this pack of 404 questions and answer explanations
http://www.mba.com/store/store-catalog/gmat-preparation/gmatprep-question-pack-1.aspx

Rebecca,

Can you please confirm that the questions in the GMATPrep® Questions Pack 1 are different from the The Official Guide for GMAT® Review, 13th Edition ?
Thanks.
_________________

Yogi Bhajan: If you want to learn a thing, read that; if you want to know a thing, write that; if you want to master a thing, teach that.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 182
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2013, 13:03
Expert's post
hb wrote:
GMATPrep® Question Pack 1: Extend your free GMATPrep® software download with this pack of 404 questions and answer explanations
http://www.mba.com/store/store-catalog/gmat-preparation/gmatprep-question-pack-1.aspx

Rebecca,

Can you please confirm that the questions in the GMATPrep® Questions Pack 1 are different from the The Official Guide for GMAT® Review, 13th Edition ?
Thanks.


None of the questions used in the GMATPrep Question Pack 1 have been used in any other Official GMAT prep products, including The Offiical Guide for GMAT Review. Thanks for asking!

Rebecca
_________________

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 182
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2013, 13:19
Expert's post
quantumdots wrote:
Hi

I took my GMAT on 22 July 2013. My profile on MBA.com shows that the Score is reportable, but I haven't received a link to the official score nor can I access it through the MBA.com website.

Is this common?

Thanks
QD


Hello, QD. My apologies for not answering this sooner. Your score will not be acessible through mba.com. You will be sent a secure link and access code to receive your score. It may take up to 24 hours from your score being listed as "reportable" on mba.com and you receiving the secure code. If you still have not received the code, please let me know and I will help you with that.

Rebecca
_________________

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1095
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 99

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2013, 21:31
Expert's post
Hi Rebecca,
Could you please let me know whether the samples for Analysis of Argument, available on your site http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-structure-and-overview/analytical-writing-assessment-section unders the header 'Current Analytical Writing Assessment Topics' are the only topics we'll be presented with during GMAT?

Does that mean this list is exhausted and we can expect any one of these arguments (may be with slight modification) in actual GMAT?

Much appreciate your feedback.
_________________

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1095
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 99

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 06:19
Expert's post
Hi Rebecca,
Is there any rescheduling-fee waiver available for GMAT?

Much appreciate your feedback.
_________________

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 182
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 07:14
Expert's post
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
Is there any rescheduling-fee waiver available for GMAT?

Much appreciate your feedback.


Hello, Bagdmba. Unfortunately, we do not typically offer fee-waivers for rescheduling the GMAT exam. In some extraordinairy circumstances, such as extreme weather or severe illness, the fee can be waived. You would need to contact Pearson Vue to discuss your individual situation. You can find the contact information for your area here: https://www.mba.com/service/contact-us.aspx

Good luck!
_________________

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1095
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 99

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 07:17
Expert's post
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
Is there any rescheduling-fee waiver available for GMAT?

Much appreciate your feedback.


Hello, Bagdmba. Unfortunately, we do not typically offer fee-waivers for rescheduling the GMAT exam. In some extraordinairy circumstances, such as extreme weather or severe illness, the fee can be waived. You would need to contact Pearson Vue to discuss your individual situation. You can find the contact information for your area here: https://www.mba.com/service/contact-us.aspx

Good luck!


Thanks Rebecca!

I'd much appreciate if you could take out a minute to reply to my another post just above this one on 'AWA samples'.
_________________

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 182
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 07:18
Expert's post
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
Could you please let me know whether the samples for Analysis of Argument, available on your site http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-structure-and-overview/analytical-writing-assessment-section unders the header 'Current Analytical Writing Assessment Topics' are the only topics we'll be presented with during GMAT?

Does that mean this list is exhausted and we can expect any one of these arguments (may be with slight modification) in actual GMAT?

Much appreciate your feedback.


The list you see on mba.com is the complete lists of AWA topics for the GMAT exam. The AWA question prompt you will be presented with will be selected from that topic list. Good luck!

Rebecca
_________________

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1095
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 99

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 07:49
Expert's post
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
Could you please let me know whether the samples for Analysis of Argument, available on your site http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-structure-and-overview/analytical-writing-assessment-section unders the header 'Current Analytical Writing Assessment Topics' are the only topics we'll be presented with during GMAT?

Does that mean this list is exhausted and we can expect any one of these arguments (may be with slight modification) in actual GMAT?

Much appreciate your feedback.


The list you see on mba.com is the complete lists of AWA topics for the GMAT exam. The AWA question prompt you will be presented with will be selected from that topic list. Good luck!

Rebecca


Gotcha!

Much thanks Rebecca...
_________________

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 14

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 08:39
Hi Rebecca,
This is a clarification regarding the GPA system

I was recently registering for my GMAT and while doing so i came across this GPA conversion table given on mba.com.
We are required to convert our equivalent GPA on scale of 4 using given conversions.

Please refer to this link..

http://www.mba.com/~/media/Images/mba/N ... rsion1.jpg


I am a graduate from india and in our country we have absolute percentage system..
I scored 79.7% in Graduation course...
By converting it on 4 GPA a scale using the above table my equivalent GPA comes out to be 2.9 :( and this puts me in the third passing Grade :( ...which is definitely not true and i am very disappointed with that because according to our university grading i am among the top 10% performers of my class, according to which i am in the first passing grade...

This is really a very unfair and biased method of GPA calculation...

So i was wondering that how much impact does this GPA makes when we give a certain number while registering for GMAT on mba.com...

Another thing how will i be able to calculate my true GPA which justifies my score...

So please help me out here and tell me what should i mention in my GPA column while registering for GMAT..

Your comments and suggestions in this regard will be a great help...

Thanks and Regards.. :) :)
_________________

CLICK +1 KUDOS PLEASE IF MY POST HELPED

CHEERS

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2013, 08:39
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Here we will post the Strengthen and Weaken Questions. egmat 18 23 Sep 2012, 10:15
Experts publish their posts in the topic Chat with a GMAT Expert II - post your questions Praetorian 8 22 Jul 2010, 18:57
5 Experts publish their posts in the topic Chat with a GMAT Expert - post your questions Praetorian 23 07 Jul 2010, 19:07
Need N of posts? post it here, please, youre welcome Ayrish 2 19 Nov 2009, 11:31
8 Acceptances/Rejections by school (post your results here) riverripper 127 05 Dec 2007, 14:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 240 posts ] 

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.