Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 15:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 82

GMAT Tests User
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 00:21
Hi, I have a question regarding my registration.

I have registered for GMAT on 2nd Oct and received the confirmation of payment in my gmail. However, when I log into my mba account, there is no information about my new scheduled test. When I try registering for a new test ( e.g 4th Oct), the information shows that I have scheduled for 2nd Oct and cannot make another appointment within 31 days.

My doubt is whether I still can take the test on 2nd Oct as this situation didn't exist in my last appointment. Can you please check for me?

Best regards,
Duc.

Kudos!!!... If you think I help you in some ways....

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
Followers: 134

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 05:38
Expert's post
Hi hellscream. Apologies if you are experiencing problems with your mba.com account. Can you please email socialmedia@mba.com with your contact details, and an outline of the issues you have explained here, and someone will be in touch with you to learn more about the problem.

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 82

GMAT Tests User
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 07:58
Dear Tina,

I have followed your instruction and thank you for your quick response.

Best regards,
Duc

Kudos!!!... If you think I help you in some ways....

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 471 [0], given: 102

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 08:02
Expert's post
bagdbmba wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Thanks for the clarification Rebecca...Much appreciate.

You've mentioned that we can customize practice sessions, does that mean we can do so for the two practice tests available in the SW or else?

Great question! Because the practice exams are intended to simulate the real GMAT exam experience, you cannot customize the practice exams. The customization is for the practice questions only. Thanks!

Rebecca

Great! But I'm bit confused here and my apologies for that... You said that "There is not a way to view all unanswered questions in the GMATPrep practice exam bank.", if so, then how one can customize practice questions outside 2 practice exams? Does that mean GMAT Prep contains questions apart from 2 practice exams?

Hi Rebecca,
Could you please shot a reply on the above to clear the confusion I've...?

Would much appreciate your response.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 30 [2] , given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 13:25
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi bagdbmba. Yes, that correct. You can create customized practice sessions from practice questions only, not practice exams. So, you can customize practice sessions using the 90 questions from the free GMATPrep software and the 404 questions from Question Pack 1. You will never see questions from a practice exam in a customized practice session.

To clarify:
Free GMATPrep software:
90 practice questions - customizable
2 free practice exams - non-customizable

GMATPrep Question Pack 1:
404 additional practice questions - customizable

GMATPrep Exam Pack 1:
2 additional practice exams - non-customizable

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 471 [0], given: 102

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 18:58
Expert's post
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.46
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 160

Premium Member
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2013, 06:24
Hi,

I bought the GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 hoping to have more realistic GMAT practice but was really disappointed because of the following issues:

1. Same SC question in Exam 3 and Exam 4 of Exam Pack 1 but with two different answers, one of which was obviously correct. In Exam 3, I marked E and got it correct but got same question in Exam 4 but got it incorrect and it displayed OA as D- the screenshot of the same I am attaching below. I am very much sure that the correct answer is E.

2. Same CR question repeated in Exam 4 at question 33 and 38. I am attaching the screenshot below. What was surprising was that the CR question was also there when I gave Exam 3.

3. Questions repeated in Exam 3 and Exam 4: Most of the questions were repeated in Exam 3 and Exam 4 even though I never retook anyone of 2 exams. I thought I will get different questions giving me more practice since the database is different for Exam 3 and Exam 4 as claimed by GMAC.

I request GMAC to look into the issues as it will not be good for the people buying GMATPrep Exam Pack 1. I hope that issues get resolved as I trust GMAC and that it will come up with the resolved version. I really love the way GMAC sets the good and tricky questions. GMATPrep is the only authentic resource for GMAT so far.

Thanks!!
Attachments

GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 CR repeated.jpg
GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 CR repeated.jpg [ 226.04 KiB | Viewed 1054 times ]

GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 SC question.jpg
GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 SC question.jpg [ 160.93 KiB | Viewed 1053 times ]

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 08:28
Expert's post
Hi mba1382,

We are more than happy to verify your question challenges. Please resend your email, including the screen shots to socialmedia@mba.com and a member of the team should be able to verify the items you have specifically challenged.

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.46
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 160

Premium Member
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 08:52
Thanks Tina. Will do that soon. I really hope that issues get resolved ASAP as GMATPrep is the only reliable and quality resource for all GMAT folks.

OfficialGMAT wrote:
Hi mba1382,

We are more than happy to verify your question challenges. Please resend your email, including the screen shots to socialmedia@mba.com and a member of the team should be able to verify the items you have specifically challenged.

Many thanks,
Tina
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2013, 04:25
Hi Official GMAT team,

I purchased the $69.90 pack from mba.com store yesterday only.

However, whenever I try to activate the Question pack and Exam pack using the Code sent to me on confirmation mail, Both of the packs are not getting activated.
I am already using the latest GMAT PREP Software.

Can you please look into this urgently, as I am just 20 days away from my GMAT.

Thanks,
Abhinav

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 1 - 580 (Q47 V23) a-tight-slap-on-face-149457.html

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

“If you don't change your life; your life will change you.”

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2013, 04:03
abhinav11 wrote:
Hi Official GMAT team,

I purchased the $69.90 pack from mba.com store yesterday only.

However, whenever I try to activate the Question pack and Exam pack using the Code sent to me on confirmation mail, Both of the packs are not getting activated.
I am already using the latest GMAT PREP Software.

Can you please look into this urgently, as I am just 20 days away from my GMAT.

Thanks,
Abhinav

Hi team,

Any replies
Please :?

Regards,
Abhinav

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 1 - 580 (Q47 V23) a-tight-slap-on-face-149457.html

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

“If you don't change your life; your life will change you.”

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2013, 06:57
Expert's post
Hi abhinav11,

Please accept my apologies, I had posted a reply to you a few days ago, but did not realise it hadn't published. I have notified my colleagues in the customer care team about your issue, but ask that you please email them at socialmedia@mba.com so they can look into your specific issue. Please provide the store number and any other details they may help them with your problem.

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 248 [0], given: 543

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2013, 04:34
I would like to know if the exam pack 1 is transferable just like the Question pack 1. For instance, If I purchase the Exam pack 1 on the laptop can I use it on my desktop?

Fozzzy

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 06:53
Expert's post
Hi Fozzy,

Yes, the Exam Pack works in the same way as the Question Pack. You can install the Exam Pack on up to three computers, but you must have the basic GMATPrep software installed. As the tool is not web-based, each installation will run independently.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 09:21
Are Western Union money orders accepted by the GMAC?

and if so, then is the address below:-

Pearson VUE-GMAT Program
5601 Green Valley Drive
Suite 300
Bloomington, MN 55437 USA

the address for mailing the money order to the GMAC?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 23:44
You have a GMAT focus test for the quant section why don't you have something similar for the verbal section? Does GMAC plan to release something in the future GMAT Focus - for the Verbal section?

JB
Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 06:54
Expert's post
Hi jibran,

Yes, we do accept payment through money order. Please follow this link and complete the form: http://www.mba.com/~/media/Files/mba/NE ... ev2012.pdf. You should then send your order to:

Pearson VUE
Attention: GMAT Program
PO Box 581907
Minneapolis, MN
55458-1907
USA

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 06:57
Expert's post
Hi jhonnybravo,

Please follow this link to view details about GMAT Write: http://www.mba.com/store/store-catalog/ ... write.aspx
This product focuses on the Analytical Writing section of the exam.

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 248 [0], given: 543

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 21:07
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Hi jhonnybravo,

Please follow this link to view details about GMAT Write: http://www.mba.com/store/store-catalog/ ... write.aspx
This product focuses on the Analytical Writing section of the exam.

Many thanks,
Tina

I was aware about the GMAT write software. I wanted to know if GMAT plans to ever create product similar to GMAT focus for the Verbal section ( 24 question online test for the verbal section) which you can purchase in bundles.

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Manager
Manager
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 167 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 10:36
GMATFocus has too many drawbacks and considering that GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 has been released, it has lost its relevance. Earlier I used to recommend GMATFocus but now I have put it nearer to the bottom of the list of official GMAT resources. GMATFocus has several limiations: it does not give an accurate scaled score(gives a range), is not a complete test but instead administers 24 questions in 45 minutes, is expensive, administers a set of difficult questions that are not representative of the experience of a real GMAT test, and finally it has overlap with the Official GMAT Guide. Unless GMAC is willing to fix these things, it is not an ideal product for students.

I am sure that the smart folks who designed the GMATPrep software are aware of these limitations. I would strongly urge GMAC to completely abandon GMATFocus and instead create a GMATPrep Exam Pack 2 with two additional practice tests. This would create a total of six official computer adaptive tests, and reduce the dependence of students on the poorly written tests peddled by the test prep outfits. This I believe would be in the best interest of the students preparing for the GMAT.

Dabral

Free Video Explanations: OFFICIAL GUIDE GMAT 13, 12, 11, 10; QUANT REVIEW 2nd, 1st.

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 14 Nov 2013, 10:36