Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 05:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
Followers: 135

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2012, 02:48
Expert's post
OfficialGMAT wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Hi Rebecca
Thanks for the excellent work that you are doing.
I am having an issue with the gmatprep Questio pack.
I downloaded the gmatprep Question Pack sometime in July.
However I am not able to download it again with the help of the order link that I have in my mailbox.
Any help with this?

I'm happy to help with this. Are you referring to the free GMATPrep, or the supplement that you can purchase? Thank you!

If this is the first time you have accessed it, your download may have expired. If you send an email to socialmedia@mba.com with your full name we can look into it for you. We will make sure you can access it. Thanks!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 619

Kudos [?]: 2482 [0], given: 745

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2012, 02:54
Expert's post
OfficialGMAT wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Hi Rebecca
Thanks for the excellent work that you are doing.
I am having an issue with the gmatprep Questio pack.
I downloaded the gmatprep Question Pack sometime in July.
However I am not able to download it again with the help of the order link that I have in my mailbox.
Any help with this?

I'm happy to help with this. Are you referring to the free GMATPrep, or the supplement that you can purchase? Thank you!

If this is the first time you have accessed it, your download may have expired. If you send an email to socialmedia@mba.com with your full name we can look into it for you. We will make sure you can access it. Thanks!

Hey
Mailed with the copy-paste of the previous receipt.
Thanks

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 619

Kudos [?]: 2482 [0], given: 745

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2012, 21:46
Expert's post
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 10-20-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 03:32
Hi,
I have few queries reg GMAT. Please advice.

1) Can I take GMAT test date before a week.
2) I am not able to give good time to study (max 5hrs), so will doing just GMAT OG 13 will help to score 650-700.?

Thanks & Regards,
Avantika
Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 06:38
Expert's post
Avantika5 wrote:
Hi,
I have few queries reg GMAT. Please advice.

1) Can I take GMAT test date before a week.
2) I am not able to give good time to study (max 5hrs), so will doing just GMAT OG 13 will help to score 650-700.?

Thanks & Regards,
Avantika

Hello, Avantika. You can schedule your GMAT exam up to 24 hours in advance of your desired appointment date, provided that your testing center has open slots. I suggest that if you know you want to take the exam next week that you schedule your appointment as soon as possible. Fall is a heavy testing time so you may have a more difficult time finding an open appointment time.

As for your second question, there is no one study strategy or set number of hours that will guarantee you a specific score. You may want to download GMATPrep, our free online study software, and take a practice test. It uses the same scoring algorithm as the GMAT exam, and should give you a good idea of how you will perform on test day. You can download it here: http://www.mba.com/store/product-info.a ... ID=80.0027

You may also want to read this blog written by our research team, on how long test-takers typically study for the exam: http://officialgmat.mba.com/2012/04/19/ ... mat-score/

Good luck.

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 11:41
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
Hey Rebecca
I haven't received any reply from gmac yet.
Any help?

Sorry about that! I followed up with our customer care team again. Please let me know if you do not hear from them by tomorrow.

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 13:05
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
Hey Rebecca
I haven't received any reply from gmac yet.
Any help?

Hello, Sujnik! Have you received a response from GMAC yet? Please let me know! Thanks.

I hope this post is meant for me!
I haven't received any responses from GMAC yet!!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 06:09
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
Hey Rebecca!
I havent got any reply
Taking gmat next month!
Should I buy the question pack again?

Good luck on taking the GMAT! If you are referring to the GMATPrep Question Pack, I am sorry to report that purchasing it again will not give you a new question set. You may want to purchase a different OG product to get new and different test questions. Have you tried the GMAT Paper Tests? You can purchase a set of three retired GMAT exams at our mba.com store here: http://www.mba.com/gmatpapertests?CID=D ... ID=80.0027. Please note these will not come with IR questions.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 09:35
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Hey Rebecca!
I havent got any reply
Taking gmat next month!
Should I buy the question pack again?

Good luck on taking the GMAT! If you are referring to the GMATPrep Question Pack, I am sorry to report that purchasing it again will not give you a new question set. You may want to purchase a different OG product to get new and different test questions. Have you tried the GMAT Paper Tests? You can purchase a set of three retired GMAT exams at our mba.com store here: http://www.mba.com/gmatpapertests?CID=D ... ID=80.0027. Please note these will not come with IR questions.

Good luck!

Hey I replied in ref to this
-post-your-questions-to-gmac-official-representative-here-133929-40.html#p1125398

I bought the question set and had to format my computer. And now I cant redownload the set again!
Souvik

Sorry about this! Can you please send an email to gmatprep@mba.com with the details of the issue you are having, and your contact information? Someone will be in touch. Thank you!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 10:42
Expert's post
Attn GMAT Test-Takers on the US East Coast: If your test center is closed, you will be contacted by Pearson Vue via the contact info you provided when you scheduled the appointment. All communications will come from Pearson Vue, not from your test center. If you have any questions or need to reschedule, please contact Pearson Vue at +1 (800) 717-GMAT (4628) or email GMATCandidateServicesAmericas@Pearson.com. Stay safe and stay dry!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

URGENT Help [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 02:56
My exam for Gmat is on 16th Nov and as I learnt that i have to carry my passoprt during the exam.
But, my passoprt is with Swiss Embessy for the visa process, as I have to travel a week later.

So, at time of exam I won't be having my passoprt with me.

But I have with me the photo copy of my passport front and last page (colored scanned copy too), which provides all the details which the GMAT Requires (My name, Photo, Signature and the Address). If required, I could carry the embessy interivew call letter also. (or any other document as ID proof).
Seeing the genuinity of my problem, I hope GMAT/Pearson VUE should support on it.

Please respond, if you can help me with this query.
Expert Post

Re: URGENT Help [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 08:34
Expert's post
inout wrote:
My exam for Gmat is on 16th Nov and as I learnt that i have to carry my passoprt during the exam.
But, my passoprt is with Swiss Embessy for the visa process, as I have to travel a week later.

So, at time of exam I won't be having my passoprt with me.

But I have with me the photo copy of my passport front and last page (colored scanned copy too), which provides all the details which the GMAT Requires (My name, Photo, Signature and the Address). If required, I could carry the embessy interivew call letter also. (or any other document as ID proof).
Seeing the genuinity of my problem, I hope GMAT/Pearson VUE should support on it.

Please respond, if you can help me with this query.

Hi Inout,

We received the email that you sent to us this morning. It has been escalated to the Pearson VUE coordinator team. They will contact you directly regarding this question.

Thanks

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 03:59
I am trying to install the GMATprep software and after installation while trying to run the software it says 'ioError'. Please help. (I have already checked and removed NLS and re-tried, same error still appears)
Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 09:49
Expert's post
Angiee wrote:
I am trying to install the GMATprep software and after installation while trying to run the software it says 'ioError'. Please help. (I have already checked and removed NLS and re-tried, same error still appears)

Sorry to hear about that. Please send an email to gmatprep@gmac.com with a screen shot and the OS version you are using in the email. We'll have our developer team take a look at it.

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 23

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 04:41
Hi!

I would like to ask how long does it take for the unofficial report to go to the desired school.
For example, if I select the 5 schools that I would like my result to be send to, when would they know the unofficial result. Do they get to know it right away or it takes time?
Thanks a lot!
Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 13:30
Expert's post
balkan wrote:
Hi!

I would like to ask how long does it take for the unofficial report to go to the desired school.
For example, if I select the 5 schools that I would like my result to be send to, when would they know the unofficial result. Do they get to know it right away or it takes time?
Thanks a lot!

The schools you select are sent only your Official Score Report, which can take up to 20 business days. Your unofficial score, which you will see as soon as you finish the exam, is for your personal information only. I hope that helps!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2012, 06:13
Angiee wrote:

Hey Angiee,

I also got the same error screens. But I figured out how to get through it!

When you get IOERROR messages, there are about 50 dialogue boxes (one over the other). So just keep clicking on the 'OK' button.... approximately 50 times. Soon you will realize that 'you have acknowledged all the error messages' and no dialogue box is left.

Then you are good to use to GMAT Prep Software.
Hope it helps.

Jai
Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2012, 14:21
Expert's post
jai1902 wrote:
Angiee wrote:

Hey Angiee,

I also got the same error screens. But I figured out how to get through it!

When you get IOERROR messages, there are about 50 dialogue boxes (one over the other). So just keep clicking on the 'OK' button.... approximately 50 times. Soon you will realize that 'you have acknowledged all the error messages' and no dialogue box is left.

Then you are good to use to GMAT Prep Software.
Hope it helps.

Jai

Thanks for your comments on this. I shared this post with our developers. We certainly don't want people to have to click through 50 error messages to access the software!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 12:31
Expert's post
Hello, GMAT Club members! As a reminder, we are here to answer any of your questions about the GMAT exam!

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 479 [0], given: 102

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 00:11
Expert's post
Hi Rebecca,
Can you please let us know that why GMAC is not lenient enough in allowing test takers to submit their score (to the schools they want) after the test is over and they see their score on the screen ?

Appreciate your feedback.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 21 Feb 2013, 00:11