Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 May 2015, 10:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2012, 23:20
Hi all,

I have posted a thread about my situation reccently. Now I'd like to write a post here, hoping to get a response from GMAC rep.

I took Gmat on 30/7, and have not received my official score report till now
I contacted with GMAC staffs, and they said that their record showed I did not attend the test on that day
I sent them a copy of unofficial score report to prove that I did. Then they promised me about an investigation, but gave me no clue about when it complete.
I sent several email asking about the conclusion, but answers are the same, keeping me wait from time to time

Since deadline for my application is coming soon, I am very worried now.

I am wondering if I have to retake GMAT. But in that case, GMAC should inform me soon, because I need time for preparation.
Pls give me advice
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2012, 05:44
Expert's post
arpansomani wrote:
I recently took GMAT in the 100 William Street center in New York city. During my verbal section, there was a continuous loud announcement about some fire drill. This threw off my concentration (despite wearing those headphones) and eventually affected my score. It took additional time to answer each verbal questions that caused me to rush through my last 10 odd questions.

Is there anything I can do to not void my score and re-take the exam?

Thanks.


I am sorry to hear that happened during the exam. You will need to file an official test center complaint with Pearson Vue. Please send the details, including the date and location of your exam, and your full name and GMAT ID, to GMATCandidateServicesAmericas@pearson.com. Please be as descriptive as possible when describing the incident. Someone will follow up with you. Thank you for letting us know about this.
_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2012, 06:00
Expert's post
inkheart wrote:
Hi all,

I have posted a thread about my situation reccently. Now I'd like to write a post here, hoping to get a response from GMAC rep.

I took Gmat on 30/7, and have not received my official score report till now
I contacted with GMAC staffs, and they said that their record showed I did not attend the test on that day
I sent them a copy of unofficial score report to prove that I did. Then they promised me about an investigation, but gave me no clue about when it complete.
I sent several email asking about the conclusion, but answers are the same, keeping me wait from time to time

Since deadline for my application is coming soon, I am very worried now.

I am wondering if I have to retake GMAT. But in that case, GMAC should inform me soon, because I need time for preparation.
Pls give me advice


Thank you for making me aware of this issue. I have discussed this with our customer care team. They are looking into this now. I will let you know as soon as we have an answer.
_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2012, 12:41
Expert's post
Please send an email to socialmedia@gmac.com with your name, email address and GMAT ID, and we will make sure someone follows up with you.

inkheart wrote:
Hi all,

I have posted a thread about my situation reccently. Now I'd like to write a post here, hoping to get a response from GMAC rep.

I took Gmat on 30/7, and have not received my official score report till now
I contacted with GMAC staffs, and they said that their record showed I did not attend the test on that day
I sent them a copy of unofficial score report to prove that I did. Then they promised me about an investigation, but gave me no clue about when it complete.
I sent several email asking about the conclusion, but answers are the same, keeping me wait from time to time

Since deadline for my application is coming soon, I am very worried now.

I am wondering if I have to retake GMAT. But in that case, GMAC should inform me soon, because I need time for preparation.
Pls give me advice

_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2012, 20:31
[quote="OfficialGMAT"]Please send an email to socialmedia@gmac.com with your name, email address and GMAT ID, and we will make sure someone follows up with you.

Thank you for your support
However, I could not send email socialmedia@gmac.com (don't know why)
Pls refer some of my info if that may help

My name: Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao
Email: vitaminc_0504@yahoo.com.vn
GMAT ID: 100001984894
Test on 30th July, 2012 at IPMAC centre, Hanoi, Vietnam
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2012, 05:26
Expert's post
inkheart wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Please send an email to socialmedia@gmac.com with your name, email address and GMAT ID, and we will make sure someone follows up with you.

Thank you for your support
However, I could not send email socialmedia@gmac.com (don't know why)
Pls refer some of my info if that may help

My name: Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao
Email: vitaminc_0504@yahoo.com.vn
GMAT ID: 100001984894
Test on 30th July, 2012 at IPMAC centre, Hanoi, Vietnam


My apologies, the correct email address is socialmedia@mba.com. But I will pass your info onto our support team for you. Thank you for your patience.
_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2012, 06:55
Dear Official GMAC Representative,
I have already past the test and have a question about additional score report. All the school's websites mention their GMAT code but mba.com only displays schools by name and type of program such as Wharton Full time. My question is how can I be sure that I selected the right program if i can not use the GMAT code of the program?
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2012, 09:08
Expert's post
kad wrote:
Dear Official GMAC Representative,
I have already past the test and have a question about additional score report. All the school's websites mention their GMAT code but mba.com only displays schools by name and type of program such as Wharton Full time. My question is how can I be sure that I selected the right program if i can not use the GMAT code of the program?


You don't need to worry about the program code. When choosing a school to send your scores too, you will only need the name of the school and the program you want to send them too. If you have any more questions about how to send your scores, please contact GMAT Customer Service at Pearson VUE: https://www.mba.com/service/contact-us.aspx and someone can work with you to make sure your scores get sent to the right place. Thanks!
_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 2592
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 910

Kudos [?]: 5031 [0], given: 1351

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2012, 02:36
Expert's post
Hi Rebecca
Thanks for the excellent work that you are doing.
I am having an issue with the gmatprep Questio pack.
I downloaded the gmatprep Question Pack sometime in July.
However I am not able to download it again with the help of the order link that I have in my mailbox.
Any help with this?
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2012, 02:38
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
Hi Rebecca
Thanks for the excellent work that you are doing.
I am having an issue with the gmatprep Questio pack.
I downloaded the gmatprep Question Pack sometime in July.
However I am not able to download it again with the help of the order link that I have in my mailbox.
Any help with this?


I'm happy to help with this. Are you referring to the free GMATPrep, or the supplement that you can purchase? Thank you!
_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 2592
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 910

Kudos [?]: 5031 [0], given: 1351

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2012, 02:46
Expert's post
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2012, 02:48
Expert's post
OfficialGMAT wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Hi Rebecca
Thanks for the excellent work that you are doing.
I am having an issue with the gmatprep Questio pack.
I downloaded the gmatprep Question Pack sometime in July.
However I am not able to download it again with the help of the order link that I have in my mailbox.
Any help with this?


I'm happy to help with this. Are you referring to the free GMATPrep, or the supplement that you can purchase? Thank you!


If this is the first time you have accessed it, your download may have expired. If you send an email to socialmedia@mba.com with your full name we can look into it for you. We will make sure you can access it. Thanks!
_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 2592
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 910

Kudos [?]: 5031 [0], given: 1351

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2012, 02:54
Expert's post
OfficialGMAT wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Hi Rebecca
Thanks for the excellent work that you are doing.
I am having an issue with the gmatprep Questio pack.
I downloaded the gmatprep Question Pack sometime in July.
However I am not able to download it again with the help of the order link that I have in my mailbox.
Any help with this?


I'm happy to help with this. Are you referring to the free GMATPrep, or the supplement that you can purchase? Thank you!


If this is the first time you have accessed it, your download may have expired. If you send an email to socialmedia@mba.com with your full name we can look into it for you. We will make sure you can access it. Thanks!


Hey
Mailed with the copy-paste of the previous receipt.
Thanks
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 2592
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 910

Kudos [?]: 5031 [0], given: 1351

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2012, 21:46
Expert's post
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 14
GMAT Date: 10-20-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 03:32
Hi,
I have few queries reg GMAT. Please advice.

1) Can I take GMAT test date before a week.
2) I am not able to give good time to study (max 5hrs), so will doing just GMAT OG 13 will help to score 650-700.?

Thanks & Regards,
Avantika
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 06:38
Expert's post
Avantika5 wrote:
Hi,
I have few queries reg GMAT. Please advice.

1) Can I take GMAT test date before a week.
2) I am not able to give good time to study (max 5hrs), so will doing just GMAT OG 13 will help to score 650-700.?

Thanks & Regards,
Avantika


Hello, Avantika. You can schedule your GMAT exam up to 24 hours in advance of your desired appointment date, provided that your testing center has open slots. I suggest that if you know you want to take the exam next week that you schedule your appointment as soon as possible. Fall is a heavy testing time so you may have a more difficult time finding an open appointment time.

As for your second question, there is no one study strategy or set number of hours that will guarantee you a specific score. You may want to download GMATPrep, our free online study software, and take a practice test. It uses the same scoring algorithm as the GMAT exam, and should give you a good idea of how you will perform on test day. You can download it here: http://www.mba.com/store/product-info.a ... ID=80.0027

You may also want to read this blog written by our research team, on how long test-takers typically study for the exam: http://officialgmat.mba.com/2012/04/19/ ... mat-score/

Good luck.
_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 11:41
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
Hey Rebecca
I haven't received any reply from gmac yet.
Any help?


Sorry about that! I followed up with our customer care team again. Please let me know if you do not hear from them by tomorrow.
_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 13:05
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
Hey Rebecca
I haven't received any reply from gmac yet.
Any help?

Hello, Sujnik! Have you received a response from GMAC yet? Please let me know! Thanks.

I hope this post is meant for me!
I haven't received any responses from GMAC yet!!
_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 06:09
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
Hey Rebecca!
I havent got any reply
Taking gmat next month!
Should I buy the question pack again?


Good luck on taking the GMAT! If you are referring to the GMATPrep Question Pack, I am sorry to report that purchasing it again will not give you a new question set. You may want to purchase a different OG product to get new and different test questions. Have you tried the GMAT Paper Tests? You can purchase a set of three retired GMAT exams at our mba.com store here: http://www.mba.com/gmatpapertests?CID=D ... ID=80.0027. Please note these will not come with IR questions.

Good luck!
_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 227
Followers: 186

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 09:35
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Hey Rebecca!
I havent got any reply
Taking gmat next month!
Should I buy the question pack again?


Good luck on taking the GMAT! If you are referring to the GMATPrep Question Pack, I am sorry to report that purchasing it again will not give you a new question set. You may want to purchase a different OG product to get new and different test questions. Have you tried the GMAT Paper Tests? You can purchase a set of three retired GMAT exams at our mba.com store here: http://www.mba.com/gmatpapertests?CID=D ... ID=80.0027. Please note these will not come with IR questions.

Good luck!

Hey I replied in ref to this
-post-your-questions-to-gmac-official-representative-here-133929-40.html#p1125398

I bought the question set and had to format my computer. And now I cant redownload the set again!
Souvik

Sorry about this! Can you please send an email to gmatprep@mba.com with the details of the issue you are having, and your contact information? Someone will be in touch. Thank you!
_________________

Jeremy
Social Media and Marketing Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 26 Oct 2012, 09:35

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16    Next  [ 304 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
9 Experts publish their posts in the topic Post your wishes and suggestions for GMAC bb 13 05 Nov 2014, 08:48
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Here we will post the Strengthen and Weaken Questions. egmat 18 23 Sep 2012, 10:15
5 Experts publish their posts in the topic Chat with a GMAT Expert - post your questions Praetorian 23 07 Jul 2010, 19:07
Need N of posts? post it here, please, youre welcome Ayrish 2 19 Nov 2009, 11:31
8 Acceptances/Rejections by school (post your results here) riverripper 127 05 Dec 2007, 14:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.