Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 02:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Does GMAC consider requests ? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 02:42
OfficialGMAT wrote:
jhashraddha wrote:
Hello,

I am retaking the GMAT on 19th March as my first attempt did not go well. It was the earliest date I could find after the cooling period. However the school that I want to apply to has its deadline on 31st March. So I was wondering if it would be possible to request for an accelerated delivery of the official scores in such a situation.
Hoping for a prompt reply,

Regards,
Shraddha

Hello, Shraddah! Unfortunately, there is no way to expedite your GMAT score report. At this time it is taking the full 20 days to process the report. I recommend you reach out to the school you plan to apply to, to discuss the situation. Some schools are willing to wait for a GMAT score report if the test-taker has taken the exam. Good luck!

That's too bad. I spoke to the school today and they said that they need the official report by the deadline, so I won't clear this year if I can't provide that. Could you please help me out?

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
Followers: 152

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Re: Does GMAC consider requests ? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 11:01
Expert's post
jhashraddha wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
jhashraddha wrote:
Hello,

I am retaking the GMAT on 19th March as my first attempt did not go well. It was the earliest date I could find after the cooling period. However the school that I want to apply to has its deadline on 31st March. So I was wondering if it would be possible to request for an accelerated delivery of the official scores in such a situation.
Hoping for a prompt reply,

Regards,
Shraddha

Hello, Shraddah! Unfortunately, there is no way to expedite your GMAT score report. At this time it is taking the full 20 days to process the report. I recommend you reach out to the school you plan to apply to, to discuss the situation. Some schools are willing to wait for a GMAT score report if the test-taker has taken the exam. Good luck!

That's too bad. I spoke to the school today and they said that they need the official report by the deadline, so I won't clear this year if I can't provide that. Could you please help me out?

Thanks

Unfortunately we cannot provide accelerated delivery of GMAT score reports. I wish you the best of luck!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE: Human Resources (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 181

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 14:31
I took the GMAT on Feb the 13th booking on phone , and a few minutes ago I scheduled online it for the 3rd of April , received the confirmation email and the payment receipt , but still my profile under the title" future exams" has this sentence "You do not have any exams scheduled."

Is this normal?

My RC Recipe
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-rc-recipe-149577.html

My Problem Takeaway Template
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-simplest-problem-takeaway-template-150646.html

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 39 [1] , given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 05:38
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
TheNona wrote:
I took the GMAT on Feb the 13th booking on phone , and a few minutes ago I scheduled online it for the 3rd of April , received the confirmation email and the payment receipt , but still my profile under the title" future exams" has this sentence "You do not have any exams scheduled."

Is this normal?

It can take up to 24 hours for a GMAT exam to show up in your mymba.com account. If you have the email confirmation then your appointment has been scheduled. If it has been more than 24 hours and your appointment still has not appeared in the account, you can contact Pearson Vue to confirm.

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Director
Director
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 562

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2013, 22:16
Hi Rebecca ,

My test is on 14th March.

Say, you click on the bubble and select an answer choice on your last question of the section but you run out of time before you can hit 'next' and 'confirm'.

1)Would you get the credit for the answer if you had selected the right answer choice?

2)Would you be penalized for not completing the section as you failed to click 'Next' and 'Confirm'?

3)In Verbal, does your score depend on how well you fared on each sections( CR/SC/RC ) independently?

Regards,
Sachin

hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

Who says you need a 700 ?Check this out : http://gmatclub.com/forum/who-says-you-need-a-149706.html#p1201595

My GMAT Journey : end-of-my-gmat-journey-149328.html#p1197992

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 07:45
Expert's post
Sachin9 wrote:
Hi Rebecca ,

My test is on 14th March.

Say, you click on the bubble and select an answer choice on your last question of the section but you run out of time before you can hit 'next' and 'confirm'.

1)Would you get the credit for the answer if you had selected the right answer choice?

2)Would you be penalized for not completing the section as you failed to click 'Next' and 'Confirm'?

3)In Verbal, does your score depend on how well you fared on each sections( CR/SC/RC ) independently?

Regards,
Sachin

Hello, Sachin! In the GMAT exam, you will receive credit for answering the question, even if you do not click "next". Because your question is scored, there is no penalty for not answering it. As for your last question, your Verbal score is calculated by your responses to all questions, so if you are weak in one area, it will affect your final score. Good luck!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 689

Kudos [?]: 3028 [0], given: 890

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 08:11
Expert's post
Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 08:25
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
Are we allowed to carry inhalers with us or do we have to keep it in the locker?

You should be able to bring an inhaler into the exam room with you, but to avoid any confusion on exam day, you may want to contact Pearson Vue to discuss the situation with them. They can put a note on your account indicating you will have an inhaler. Good luck!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 561 [0], given: 107

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 11:29
Expert's post
Hi Rebecca,
Can you please get us any update on the Exam pack 1? When we might get to download it for our prep...? Are the this year R1 applicants going to get to use it well in advance ?
Multiple sources including NBC news have reported that GMAC will release an add-on package, Exam Pack 1 featuring additional computer adaptive practice GMAT exams with new questions, later this year.

This is a much needed addition. I think most of us will look forward to the same.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 39 [1] , given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 12:11
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
Can you please get us any update on the Exam pack 1? When we might get to download it for our prep...? Are the this year R1 applicants going to get to use it well in advance ?
Multiple sources including NBC news have reported that GMAC will release an add-on package, Exam Pack 1 featuring additional computer adaptive practice GMAT exams with new questions, later this year.

This is a much needed addition. I think most of us will look forward to the same.

You can purchase the supplementary question pack for GMATPrep here: http://www.mba.com/store/product-info.a ... ID=80.0044. We have an other supplementary pack scheduled to come out later this year, but we do not yet have a target release date. Thank you!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 19:13
Expert's post
OfficialGMAT wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

You can purchase the supplementary question pack for GMATPrep here: http://www.mba.com/store/product-info.a ... ID=80.0044. We have an other supplementary pack scheduled to come out later this year, but we do not yet have a target release date. Thank you!

Thanks Rebecca for your reply...

I wish GMAC makes it a available to the market in a month or two keeping in mind this fall deadline you know...!

Sooner it's better for us...:)

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 06:12
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

Thanks Rebecca for your reply...

I wish GMAC makes it a available to the market in a month or two keeping in mind this fall deadline you know...!

Sooner it's better for us...:)

Thanks for the feedback! I've shared it with our marketing team!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 06:17
Expert's post
Rebecca-Thanks for acknowledging it..!Hope things'll shape up in a good way :)

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 18

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 23:45
Hi Rebecca,

I was wondering about the GMAT Trends Tracker listed in the Market Intelligence & Research section of GMAC.com. I was interested in looking at the data but was bummed to find out that it is only available to registered users from GMAT accepting schools. Just out of curiosity, why is the research restricted? I'm just curious, that's all.

Thanks,
HImba88
Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 10:03
Expert's post
HImba88 wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

I was wondering about the GMAT Trends Tracker listed in the Market Intelligence & Research section of GMAC.com. I was interested in looking at the data but was bummed to find out that it is only available to registered users from GMAT accepting schools. Just out of curiosity, why is the research restricted? I'm just curious, that's all.

Thanks,
HImba88

Hi HImba88,

GMAC provides the Profile of GMAT Candidates and GMAT Geographic Trend reports to the general public. These reports include a large amount of information related to the GMAT exam. The GMAT Trends Tracker is an added benefit for schools that use the GMAT in their admissions process.

Thanks!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE: Human Resources (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 181

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 10:53
Hi Rebecca

To which score levels do the three words Hard -medium-easy correspond ? For example : Hard is 700+ and medium is 600+ ?

My RC Recipe
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-rc-recipe-149577.html

My Problem Takeaway Template
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-simplest-problem-takeaway-template-150646.html

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 10:47
Expert's post
TheNona wrote:
Hi Rebecca

To which score levels do the three words Hard -medium-easy correspond ? For example : Hard is 700+ and medium is 600+ ?

Hi TheNona,

We do not assign scores to difficulty levels within GMATPrep. The level of difficulty of questions in the software is determined using the same confidential algorithm as items on the GMAT exam.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Current Student
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 273 [0], given: 67

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 19:39
Hi Rebecca
I have a question regarding the latest version of the gmat prep test...
Are the questions in the latest version of the gmat prep test same as in the older version or is there any change.

Archit
Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 06:06
Expert's post
Archit143 wrote:
Hi Rebecca
I have a question regarding the latest version of the gmat prep test...
Are the questions in the latest version of the gmat prep test same as in the older version or is there any change.

Archit

Hello, Archit! Thanks for the question! There is no change to the questions used in GMATPrep with this upgrade. Thanks!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Current Student
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 273 [0], given: 67

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 07:49
Thanks rebacca fr ur reply
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 06 May 2013, 07:49