Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2799 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1825 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools:Fuqua
 Q49  V29
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: POSTS MOVED - ? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thanks. I think there may still be some posts that may be relevant to the overall Verbal forum, but if posts related to CR, RC, or SC start appearing here, will lock it down.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2918 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q50  V40
Send PM
It would be good if it is possible to access any verbal sub-folder with 1 click. Right now, if I am in CR and want to access SC, I need to click twice.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2799 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
botivroy, there is an option in the bottom of post window where u have an option to directly jump to the folder u wish to. so u wnt hv 2 click twice. Hope that helps
botirvoy wrote:
It would be good if it is possible to access any verbal sub-folder with 1 click. Right now, if I am in CR and want to access SC, I need to click twice.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2918 [1]
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Kudos
ritula wrote:
botivroy, there is an option in the bottom of post window where u have an option to directly jump to the folder u wish to. so u wnt hv 2 click twice. Hope that helps
botirvoy wrote:

thanks for pointing out ritula, but it is so inconveniently located that I'd prefer clicking twice rather than using that feature.
May be it needs to be at the top.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Moving the box is easy but because it is fairly large, moving it up makes the forum too busy.

Let me try a few combinations. So far, I have not been able to find an optimal placement that would not get in the way.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2799 [0]
Send PM
I think it is at the right position.
bb wrote:
Moving the box is easy but because it is fairly large, moving it up makes the forum too busy.

Let me try a few combinations. So far, I have not been able to find an optimal placement that would not get in the way.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2918 [1]
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:

I agree with your 1st sentence. However, it would still be good to have a feature that allows us to roam between verbal sub-folders with 1 click.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
botirvoy wrote:
bb wrote:

I agree with your 1st sentence. However, it would still be good to have a feature that allows us to roam between verbal sub-folders with 1 click.

And I agree with your first sentence - I have a couple of thoughts, but if you have any ideas besides the large jump box - let me know.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2293 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
 V25
Send PM
Kudos
I think extra link on the individual section could solve that issue. Whenever somebody enters into a particular topic (ex Sentence Correction), extra links will come up on right hand side (say in place of text "All times are UTC - 8 hours") with acronym of sections such as <SC|RC|CR>. Same way display <PS|DS> when the user in in Quant section. Each link will forward to the specific topic. Advantage of this facility is "no huge change on site" so good for old users and easy navigaition to any "related" sction of website.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
priyankur_saha@ml.com wrote:
I think extra link on the individual section could solve that issue. Whenever somebody enters into a particular topic (ex Sentence Correction), extra links will come up on right hand side (say in place of text "All times are UTC - 8 hours") with acronym of sections such as <SC|RC|CR>. Same way display <PS|DS> when the user in in Quant section. Each link will forward to the specific topic. Advantage of this facility is "no huge change on site" so good for old users and easy navigaition to any "related" sction of website.

Quite not bad of an idea :idea:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2293 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 V25
Send PM
Another Request:

When I post any new topic, each time I go to that particular thread in order to post questions in relevant sections. Because verbal sections are splitted into 3 more sub-sections, we have to jump between sections every time to post new questions. Instead of that could we have an easy drop down box (*Mandatory Field) that will ask user to specify the question type before allowing any new post? In that case we can get flexibility to post questions quickly to the relevant group and members will be forced to choose relevant section.

Thank you.

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Verbal Questions Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
654 posts
Current Student
733 posts
Current Student
278 posts