Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 20:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

1 Month to Exam, Looking for tips and practice tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

1 Month to Exam, Looking for tips and practice tests [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2005, 13:24
Hi everyone!
I have exactly one month to exam now. I am at about 690-700 range on the practice tests that I gave but I want to improve lot more. I gave a powerprep and a couple of cambridge tests. Now here are some things I would really appreciate some input on!

- What could be some strategies in this last month. I am very much confident on my quant. So what I do know is my efforts would weigh towards the verbal section. Any suggestions as to how I can structure my studies in this last month? an everyday sort schedule? and some weekly goals that I can set for myself? any advice from exprience?

- Practice tests: I have one more powerprep go to give which I want to keep for the last week. Now I have already given 3 out of 5 kaplan tests. I seem to have lost the CD so I want to buy or get some more practice CAT's. Any suggestions? As far as content is concerned, which practice exam sets are most similar to real exam?

- I am a little short on confidence. :roll:

Hope everyone is doing real well! take care! Cheers.

Last edited by airwolf on 03 Apr 2006, 16:08, edited 2 times in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2005, 17:12
The main thing seems to be the confidence factor. With a month left, focus on confidence-building.

For verbal, try to get an LSAT review book and do some of the practice problems. They're harder than GMAT problems, so if you can tackle those, you'll be doing well for the GMATs.

Download the GMATPrep software from mba.com. It's different from PowerPrep but there are 2 free CATs there.

Make a study plan that lists the areas where you have been struggling, and go through timed practice problem sets, then spend some time after each set reviewing why you got problems right or wrong.

And believe in yourself. You can crack the GMAT. All it takes is studying and confidence.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2005, 20:05
coffeeloverfreak wrote:
The main thing seems to be the confidence factor. With a month left, focus on confidence-building.

For verbal, try to get an LSAT review book and do some of the practice problems. They're harder than GMAT problems, so if you can tackle those, you'll be doing well for the GMATs.

Download the GMATPrep software from mba.com. It's different from PowerPrep but there are 2 free CATs there.

Make a study plan that lists the areas where you have been struggling, and go through timed practice problem sets, then spend some time after each set reviewing why you got problems right or wrong.

And believe in yourself. You can crack the GMAT. All it takes is studying and confidence.

...everything coffeeloverfreak said plus this - <b>stay active on the forums.</b> :-D
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 04:42
Hi everyone,
I have run out of Kaplan practice tests. Any advice as to which other ones are next best to Kaplan? Where can I buy them?

I have 3 weeks to test day now. Exactly 3 weeks and these would be crucial for my test. My plan is to wrap up all content study this week-1.

2nd week would be only practice for each of the 3 types of verbal questions and Math in general from Kaplan 800 book and answer all questions. In this 2nd week I also intend to complete at least 2 practice exams and also keep a record of my weak spots.

Week 3 I will keep for strengthening my weak spots and practicing all types of questions. In the last 2 days I will give a powerprep test.

I will also be memorizing idioms and practicing RC questions consistently during these 3 weeks since I think they can use some longer term practice.

People, any advice to things I can add or modify in this scheduled plan of mine? Also any suggestions for practice tests?

Regards,
A

ValleyBall1 wrote:
coffeeloverfreak wrote:

...everything coffeeloverfreak said plus this - <b>stay active on the forums.</b> :-D

Last edited by airwolf on 03 Apr 2006, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 13:55
Try the PR tests and consider getting the ETS paper tests
  [#permalink] 07 Nov 2005, 13:55