Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 18:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

1-yr MBA programs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

1-yr MBA programs [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2009, 23:57
Hi, i am planning to write GMAT exam during the last week of august. I would to apply for business school for 2010 intake. I hope i am at the right time to take the GMAT!!!! :-D I would have 2 years of experience by the beginning of next year and my intension is to take a one year MBA from either US/Europe.Can someone guide me through some good reputed B-schools for a 1 yr MBA and tell me if my work experience(currently of 1.5 years) would be suited for them

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

DAJ
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 1-yr MBA programs [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2009, 03:54
doniaaj wrote:
Hi, i am planning to write GMAT exam during the last week of august. I would to apply for business school for 2010 intake. I hope i am at the right time to take the GMAT!!!! :-D I would have 2 years of experience by the beginning of next year and my intension is to take a one year MBA from either US/Europe.Can someone guide me through some good reputed B-schools for a 1 yr MBA and tell me if my work experience(currently of 1.5 years) would be suited for them

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

DAJ

Hi, I think that the best choice for you is INSEAD, since it doesn't require a huge amount of we and it lasts 11 months
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: 1-yr MBA programs [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2009, 06:13
Look into Erasmus University - Rotterdam School of Management as well. 1-yr MBAs are not very popular in the USA. Besides you have to decide where you want to work after you are done with school and target a good school in that area. 1.5 years of experience is definitely on the low end for most schools but if you have a good story behind it you can be a successful applicant. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 4

Re: 1-yr MBA programs [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2009, 02:02
marcodonzelli wrote:

Hi, I think that the best choice for you is INSEAD, since it doesn't require a huge amount of we and it lasts 11 months

Actually, INSEAD is one of the schools in Europe where students tend to have 5+ years of work ex. While it's definitely the best 1yr program (maybe in the world?), it's also the hardest to get into. Of course, it always depends on the quality of work ex, outstanding applicants with 2 yrs of work ex can get in anywhere.

Other 1 yr programs which are less competitive than INSEAD:
- IE (Instituto de Empresa)
- Rotterdam (RSM)
- Oxford (SAID)
- Cambridge (JUDGE)

In the US you have Kellogg's 1 yr program but it's very tough to get into as well.

MBAvolunteers - Application feedback & interview preps in exchange for a donation to a non-profit

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 1-yr MBA programs [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2009, 20:20
thanks guys..!!!
i knw its hard to get and admssn to a 1 yr program but guess staying away from work for 2 years would be a long gap
Re: 1-yr MBA programs   [#permalink] 29 Aug 2009, 20:20