Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 06:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

10 days until my exam and I have completely lost steam! Help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
10 days until my exam and I have completely lost steam! Help [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2010, 22:11
Hi guys,

I have 10 days until I sit my exam for the 2nd time and I have completely lost steam. I can't get myself to study anymore, when I am studying it is not with the same vigour I used to have and I only have 10 days. I started my GMAT journey 1 year ago. For the first 2 months I used to take a class for 2 hours twice a week and did nothing else but that. Christmas time came and I stopped GMAT for about 4 months and started again at the beginning of May. From May to June I was semi serious and then for the ast two months I worked my ass off until I took my exam on Augut 4th.

I decided to resit it to get a higher score and I allocated 2 more months of study. I have been good about studying and took the Knewton course which I felt has taught me sooooo much. However, my scores on practice exams remain low, much lower than even my official score (50-70 points) and I think I have finally just lost all motivation.

This is the time for me to be giving it 120% and I just cannot will myself to work. I have no idea what is wrong with me because I am normally the opposite.

Please, please give me some advice.

Thanks!

Nyambura
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: HKUST, MBS, USC, Hawaii, UCSD
WE 1: Education
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: 10 days until my exam and I have completely lost steam! Help [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2010, 22:59
take a day off, do something fun, then hop back on the study train
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: IIT Madras
WE 1: 2+ years - Programming
WE 2: 3+ years - Product developement,
WE 3: 2+ years - Program management
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 157 [0], given: 104

Re: 10 days until my exam and I have completely lost steam! Help [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 00:27
Its not about how much you study or which course you have done. Stop thinking about that. Think about the positives:
a) What are you good at?
b) Look at GMAT as someone you are going to have a fist fight with. It is going to throw around a few punches but you can duck (equivalent of intelligently guessing), take a few blows but keep your morale high (there are 7 experimental questions in Quant and 11 in verbal, so taking a few hits will not do anything) and knock the hell out of the exam.
c) keep visualizing how you will feel when you walk out of the test center with great marks. Just let this positive thought be the fuel you need to keep your mind active.

Dude, negative thoughts are self-reinforcing. What I mean is that these thoughts keep playing in your mind without any conscious effort. So keep picturing you are the king and you will be fine.

you have been studying from a year ..so even if you don't study for the last 10 days nothing is going to change a lot. Keep working on any interesting things....like go through the forum, look at some of the questions, look at how people answer them.

Keep your chin up. Take it easy!

( :oops: I became emooootiooooonaaal)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: 10 days until my exam and I have completely lost steam! Help [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 10:41
do not stress urself..it will not help u at all..
just brush all ur basics and mistakes that u did in mocks..
go with a positive frame of mind
all the best :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amar
http://amarnaik.wordpress.com

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 10 days until my exam and I have completely lost steam! Help [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 11:58
Thank you guys sooooooo much. The words of encouragement have really helped. I took the entire day off and have not stressed. I promise to be positive!!! Thank you. So appreciated.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: 10 days until my exam and I have completely lost steam! Help [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 16:06
I think some people burn out while preparing for the GMAT. A break every now and then is very important to not lose steam.
Re: 10 days until my exam and I have completely lost steam! Help   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2010, 16:06