We recently met up with one of our past clients who went to Columbia and here is some advice that he offers about getting into that school’s MBA program. This is just one guy’s opinion, but we think that his advice is spot-on when you are preparing your Columbia MBA application and applications to other top MBA programs like Harvard, Stanford, LBS, INSEAD or Wharton.
Keep these 10 Tips about getting into Columbia MBA when you write your application:
1. Schools care about % of students employed upon graduation and would like to minimize the risk of unemployed students. Demonstrating that you have a job to go back to is a strong plus.
2. Be realistic about your goals, etc. They don't like dreamers.
3. Show achievements at all stages of your career, it proves that you didn't waste any time.
4. Columbia doesn’t like people who can't critically assess their own abilities. Make sure that what you say really corresponds to you.
5. Strike a balance about what is said in reference letters, essays, resume, fact sheets. It should be like a well-thought PR campaign with no repetition.
6. Write interesting essays – entertain the admissions committee
7. Columbia loves diversity in its class – be different but be part of the group.
8. Stating that you want to join clubs is ok, but Columbia really cares about its employment statistics.
9. Columbia might wait-list you if they are afraid that you too good of candidate, as they want to keep their "yield" statistics pretty high.
10. Try to control all references and know what people write in their recommendations for your application.
At My Best Application, we think that these 10 tips about Columbia will help you get accepted to next year’s class. We have helped thousands of candidates go to Columbia and other great business schools like Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Wharton and INSEAD. Check out our MBA Centre for other helpful tips and resources when you are writing your MBA application this year, and get in touch with us for a free profile evaluation to learn more about what a top business school might like to see in your application.
Visit our website for a free Profile Evaluation by one of our experts
just use google to seach "my best application"