Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Re: Mock Interviews [#permalink]
I think mock interviews are useful if you're not experienced with interviews. I personally didn't use mock interviews, but I just rehearsed the questions in my head (that's usually how I go through interviews and presentations). Sometimes I do what AAu does, rehearse it out loud, but that's mainly for presentations.

Having a mock interview will help you realize what you're weak at (in terms of presenting the information), whether you fidget, whether you use your arm movements too much or too little, etc..

Recording yourself is hardcore... I heard it's good, but I haven't been able to watch anything on video with me in it, yet...
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks kryzak, mba2010 & BCC..

I'll do a mock interview with a friend. However not from the school I'm applying to. But hopefully, he'll give me some pointers on my weaknesses.

Any of you GMATClubbers would like to offer some help on doing a mock interview through Skype?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Kudos
If you want some interview help message me on gmail. I should be able to give you some good practice. Skype is good (maybe later tonight ?)

bee186 wrote:
Thanks kryzak, mba2010 & BCC..

I'll do a mock interview with a friend. However not from the school I'm applying to. But hopefully, he'll give me some pointers on my weaknesses.

Any of you GMATClubbers would like to offer some help on doing a mock interview through Skype?
Current Student
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
If you want some interview help message me on gmail. I should be able to give you some good practice. Skype is good (maybe later tonight ?)

Hey BSD, sure I'll message you on gmail.. thanks for your help! :)

Any other takers?
Current Student
Send PM
This came up in the HBS thread.. but maybe this goes for all of the schools too..

Has any of you tried using Sandy's mock interview service? Is he worth the 300 bucks?
Please share your experience. Thanks.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Personally, I really don't think interviews are *that* important in the grand scheme of things. It's one important part of a multi-faceted application process, so at most it's 1/5 to 1/7 of the application (if you factor in GMAT, GPA, essays, rec letters, resume, work experience, etc...). So paying $300 for something you can just ask a friend to do for you isn't really worth it. My 2 cents...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
kryzak, you are correct in a general sense, but for some schools like HBS and MIT, it is extremely important to have a good interview(in other words, dont screw up). An interview is a VERY strong indicator of an admit and extensive interview prep (mock interview or not) does make sense for these 2 schools.

bee, inspite of his somewhat boorish demeanor, Sandy does seem to know what he is talking about as far as HBS is concerned. I, personally, would go for his mock interview prep although I have never used his services.

kryzak wrote:
Personally, I really don't think interviews are *that* important in the grand scheme of things. It's one important part of a multi-faceted application process, so at most it's 1/5 to 1/7 of the application (if you factor in GMAT, GPA, essays, rec letters, resume, work experience, etc...). So paying $300 for something you can just ask a friend to do for you isn't really worth it. My 2 cents...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
I stand corrected for HBS and MIT, thanks for the input, NC. :) But for other schools, spending $300 on interview prep is probably overkill.
Current Student
Send PM
kryzak & ncprasad.. thanks for your comments.

I'm still thinking.. luckily for me, my interview is a month away.. so hopefully i can decide sometime this week whether I want to pay 300 bucks or not..
GMAT Club Bot