Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [9]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
I prefer the "chicken way out". i.e., I'll stop returning their calls / e-mails until they figure it out. And then some day we'll bump into each other and it'll be really awkward for a few seconds, but then we can get back together for some ... "executives training program" or something.

Actually, the sooner the better, not for the schools who have probably kept you waiting more than they should have, but for the waitlisted applicants biting nails.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sure, I've got TONS of compassion for those waitlisted applicants; no problem there. But what about wanting to keep the door open? Who knows what might happen?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm with the rhyme school of equal treatment.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
Sure, I've got TONS of compassion for those waitlisted applicants; no problem there. But what about wanting to keep the door open? Who knows what might happen?

to keep doors open, the answer is clear: as long as they let you.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [15]
Send PM
When to break up? (or decline offer of admission) [#permalink]
Kudos
Say this...

To the prospective Business School,

Thank you for your interest in my application. As you know, there were many qualified business schools this year. Unfortunately, I am not able to offer attendance to each school. I was forced with the unfortunate task of choosing one school among many highly qualified schools. I am offering deny feedback sessions to a select number of schools. Please do not call my office with requests for this session. If you are selected, I will be in contact with you. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Peace suckers!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatclb wrote:
Say this...

Thank you for your interest in my application. As you know, there were many qualified business schools this year. Unfortunately, I am not able to offer attendance to each school. I was forced with the unfortunate task of choosing one school among many highly qualified schools. I am offering deny feedback sessions to a select number of schools. Please do not call my office with requests for this session. If you are selected, I will be in contact with you. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Peace suckers!

love it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I thought this thread was going to be about when to break up with your SO before going to another city for bschool... :oops:

I guess now you know what's on my mind this morning.. lol
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
fluffydot wrote:
I thought this thread was going to be about when to break up with your SO before going to another city for bschool... :oops:

LoL I thought the same thing....but hey - my girl is great, I just need to pay more attention to her and less to the GMAT and b-school
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatclb wrote:
Say this...

Peace suckers!

I almost fell out of my chair when I read that - I think we should all send it
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
fluffydot wrote:

Thats what I thought too.

I suggest the following:

"Dear School,

(@#!@ you.

Regards,

Aaudetat."
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Equal treatment rules....... no two ways about it
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
gmatclb wrote:
Say this...

Peace suckers!

I almost fell out of my chair when I read that - I think we should all send it

I agree! gmatclb, that is just too funny! Just wish I could go back in time and send it to the schools that rejected me :wink:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
Re: When to break up? [#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
Now that I have a few admits, I know that I get to send ding letters to a couple places. When do you guys do it?

Without getting into a discussion of which school I DON'T want, how long do you lead them on? I am just afraid of closing any doors at this point.

Which one have you decided to go with? Duke, UNC or Cornell?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
fluffydot wrote:

Ditto
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [4]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos