Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Non-Profit
Schools:R1:Cornell, Yale, NYU. R2: Haas, MIT, Ross
GMAT 2: 710  Q48  V39
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 382 [0]
Send PM
Re: 11 Days to go!!! [#permalink]
kyatin wrote:
You have a good plan.

I would say keep doing GMATPreps...even without AWA if need be....you wanna get as many 800 level Q questions as possible. It helped me great.

On Verbal, try to get SCs as fast as possible. If you have 11 days and can put 10 hours a day...I think you are in great shape...just dont loose the steam. I did 2 complete weeks full time and had one unproductive day after every 2 fruitful days. When you are bored or going through slump then just do GMATPrep Quant. Does not matter if you get repeats, if you accept results will be skewed. This just gets you comfortable with usual twists of GMAT problem types.

In my opinion gmatprep repeat is good for quant section but for verbal also focus on other tests , I got burned by repeat GMATPrep during my last week . Quant practice was great , eventhough with many number of repeats every time I learned a new concept and it helped me a lot in actual test. But for verbal I was overconfident , I was learning new SC rules with the repeat , but due to repeat RCs which , among all is the most time consuming section, I did not get the proper estimate of how well should I manage time with reading comp . So my advice , keep doing gmatprep , but at the same time keep doing new RCs as much as possible under timed condition.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V40
Send PM
rpmodi wrote:
kyatin wrote:
You have a good plan.

I would say keep doing GMATPreps...even without AWA if need be....you wanna get as many 800 level Q questions as possible. It helped me great.

On Verbal, try to get SCs as fast as possible. If you have 11 days and can put 10 hours a day...I think you are in great shape...just dont loose the steam. I did 2 complete weeks full time and had one unproductive day after every 2 fruitful days. When you are bored or going through slump then just do GMATPrep Quant. Does not matter if you get repeats, if you accept results will be skewed. This just gets you comfortable with usual twists of GMAT problem types.

In my opinion gmatprep repeat is good for quant section but for verbal also focus on other tests , I got burned by repeat GMATPrep during my last week . Quant practice was great , eventhough with many number of repeats every time I learned a new concept and it helped me a lot in actual test. But for verbal I was overconfident , I was learning new SC rules with the repeat , but due to repeat RCs which , among all is the most time consuming section, I did not get the proper estimate of how well should I manage time with reading comp . So my advice , keep doing gmatprep , but at the same time keep doing new RCs as much as possible under timed condition.

I have to agree with rpmodi. I did mean repeating GMATPrep for Quant as well...but I should have perhaps mentioned it more explicitly.

Repeating GMATPrep helps definitely.......BUT you want to do that with clear purpose which will not get you overconfident. In fact, Last few repeats I did only quant and clicked like all "A"s for verbal.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey Guys,
Thank you so much for your replies and motivation. I guess I will stick with the GMAT Prep and Challenges for Quant, besides going through the OG, do you suggest I use other sources for Verbal like Walker's program?
Unfortunately I get just 5 days off before the exam and another two days because of the weekend. I still have 4 days where I have to go to work!!!
Given these constraints I will just aim to set a time table so that all of the above can be covered!!!
Once again your input is really appreciated.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V40
Send PM
ventivish wrote:
Hey Guys,
Thank you so much for your replies and motivation. I guess I will stick with the GMAT Prep and Challenges for Quant, besides going through the OG, do you suggest I use other sources for Verbal like Walker's program?
Unfortunately I get just 5 days off before the exam and another two days because of the weekend. I still have 4 days where I have to go to work!!!
Given these constraints I will just aim to set a time table so that all of the above can be covered!!!
Once again your input is really appreciated.

one last advice go with your instincts as for as your use of next few days...I would not take too much of advice from others...as everyone's situation is different.

Also try to convince yourself...you dont care what score you get. make sure you dont go burdened to perform well. relax and njoy.

Good luck. Kick A$$.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Another thing that helped me a lot, in addition to GMATPrep repeats and GMAT Club challenges, was participating on the math and verbal forums. There are a lot of high quality questions and even better explanations. Plus, it's not a 3 hour time commitment like the tests are. You can read/answer as few or as many questions as you have time for. Pop over during your coffee break, before you go work out, or while you're watching some TV. It all adds up!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey,
Thanks Kyatin and YihWei. I read your posts and your scores are awsome, congrats!!. Infact your debriefs have motivated me thus far.
Will certainly go with my instinct and try spotting my weaknesses as I go along.But I found timing was a huge factor as I made silly mistakes because of the pressure and also the last 7 questions I just guessed because I ran out of time.
Infact I do enjoy solving problems on forums because it gives me a wide array of question types.

I shall certainly keep at it, Kickin ass is my Motto!!! :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
ventivish wrote:
Hey,
Thanks Kyatin and YihWei. I read your posts and your scores are awsome, congrats!!. Infact your debriefs have motivated me thus far.
Will certainly go with my instinct and try spotting my weaknesses as I go along.But I found timing was a huge factor as I made silly mistakes because of the pressure and also the last 7 questions I just guessed because I ran out of time.
Infact I do enjoy solving problems on forums because it gives me a wide array of question types.

I shall certainly keep at it, Kickin ass is my Motto!!! :lol:

Thanks for the feedback, ventivish. I'm glad my write-up was of some benefit to you. Best of luck in your remaining preparations and, of course, on test day. I look forward to reading your recap!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts