Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:35 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [1]
Send PM
Re: 125 hours left to prepare for GMAT? [#permalink]
Kudos
naychi wrote:
kissthegmat wrote:
I have both MGMAT RC and Veritas RC guides and I find Veritas guide better than MGMAT. But again I'll say stay near to your OGs as you have only 1 month left to real GMAT.

Check out this link https://www.manhattangmat.com/articles/f ... y-tips.cfm mainly the 5th point. Don't study anything new in last 2 weeks, just revise.

Thanks for your advice. I would like to know your opinion on that I have 11 edition OG book. Is it enough or should I buy 12th edition OG book to study before 19 October? May I know your advice again for that issue, please? Thanks.

If you can buy it would be better as you can see the comparison of two books at https://www.manhattangmat.com/official-guide-12.cfm
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy,IT management
 Q0  V0 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
Send PM
naychi wrote:
Dear All,

I have scheduled to take GMAT on 19 September. But till now, I have not started studying yet. I'm quite ok in Math. I'm so worried for RC section. Without any practise, I can answer only 5 out of 10 questions correctly on SC and CR. But for RC 3 out of 10 because of slow reading speed. I do need to get at least 650. :( I can't give more than 125 hours in a month because of my job type. Please advise me the strategies for 1 month preparation to do smarter. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Hi,
Ur exam is tomorrow?u said 19 september?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sandeep800 wrote:
naychi wrote:
Dear All,

I have scheduled to take GMAT on 19 September. But till now, I have not started studying yet. I'm quite ok in Math. I'm so worried for RC section. Without any practise, I can answer only 5 out of 10 questions correctly on SC and CR. But for RC 3 out of 10 because of slow reading speed. I do need to get at least 650. :( I can't give more than 125 hours in a month because of my job type. Please advise me the strategies for 1 month preparation to do smarter. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Sorry, I wrongly typed. I meant 19 October. ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
naychi wrote:
sandeep800 wrote:
naychi wrote:
Dear All,

Hi,

Sorry, I wrongly typed. I meant 19 October. ;)

we are in the same boat :( mine is also 19th october....will be waiting for other people replies to ur thread..!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Send PM
If verbal is your main concern, start from here gmat-grammar-book-96532.html

I believe one will get a lot from the above link. Just go through the above link once. After that if you have time you can go for MGMAT SC, PowerScore CR guide and Veritas RC guide even if you have read all these! But, I'll strongly favor if you stay as near as you can to the official material. Don't forget OGs near exam. OGs are your best friends when your exam is near.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
kissthegmat wrote:
If verbal is your main concern, start from here gmat-grammar-book-96532.html

I believe one will get a lot from the above link. Just go through the above link once. After that if you have time you can go for MGMAT SC, PowerScore CR guide and Veritas RC guide even if you have read all these! But, I'll strongly favor if you stay as near as you can to the official material. Don't forget OGs near exam. OGs are your best friends when your exam is near.

Any reviews or debrief of Veritas RC ,kisstheGMAt?if u have tried it earlier?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kissthegmat wrote:
I have both MGMAT RC and Veritas RC guides and I find Veritas guide better than MGMAT. But again I'll say stay near to your OGs as you have only 1 month left to real GMAT.

Check out this link https://www.manhattangmat.com/articles/f ... y-tips.cfm mainly the 5th point. Don't study anything new in last 2 weeks, just revise.

Thanks for your advice. I would like to know your opinion on that I have 11 edition OG book. Is it enough or should I buy 12th edition OG book to study before 19 October? May I know your advice again for that issue, please? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Hey !
I had the same trouble when i was starting off with my prep. I didnt puchase OG 12 have been studying from OG 11.There are new Qs in OG 12 but not very many so i think we should be doing fine.

Can any expert comment on the same (or who ever has both the OG editions) ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dokiyoki wrote:
Hey !
I had the same trouble when i was starting off with my prep. I didnt puchase OG 12 have been studying from OG 11.There are new Qs in OG 12 but not very many so i think we should be doing fine.

Hello,

I created new topic about it at og-11-edition-can-beat-101254.html. I think it's better to get attention for this issue. ;)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
go through the guides. take the diagnostic if you havent done so because you need to see where you stand now. Seems you have more trouble with verbal so make more focus on that but you need to know the raw scores to see if you need more time on quant as well. also use error logs to help.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
dokiyoki wrote:
Hey !

HI dokiyoki,
New Book has 1/3 new questions
here is the comparison of Two official guides by manhattan...
https://www.manhattangmat.com/official-guide-12.cfm
U can also see the number of questions which have changed in each part...

Thanx
regards
sandy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dokiyoki wrote:
Hey !

Hey, I found a post useful to us. Please check it at https://www.gmathacks.com/resources/revi ... ition.html. "if you have the 11th edition but haven't really started using it, it's worth the additional investment to move to the 12th edition. The difference is slight, but the 12th edition practice questions probably do correlate a little better to what you'll see on test day." quoted from that post.
GMAT Club Bot