Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 21:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

1st round cut off dates

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

1st round cut off dates [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2007, 18:12
I am planning to give the GMAT in around 2nd week of Septmeber.
Most of the schools would start accepting the first round applications in around September /October 08 for the 2008 intake, so I am targetting for the first round.

Could you guys please provide the details about the first round cut off dates for ultra elite in US. Their website still shows application dates for 2007 intake.

I was also in doubt as to how long it takes for the official GMAT scores to reach the school. Do they need to receive it roundabout the same time as the application or it may come later than the application ?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 1st round cut off dates [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2007, 20:36
shabbu wrote:
I am planning to give the GMAT in around 2nd week of Septmeber.
Most of the schools would start accepting the first round applications in around September /October 08 for the 2008 intake, so I am targetting for the first round.

Could you guys please provide the details about the first round cut off dates for ultra elite in US. Their website still shows application dates for 2007 intake.

I was also in doubt as to how long it takes for the official GMAT scores to reach the school. Do they need to receive it roundabout the same time as the application or it may come later than the application ?

Hi Shabbu and welcome to Gmatclub.

My advice: if you are sitting for GMAT in mid September, then you will be able to make about 2 quality applications by the 1st round deadline. I would suggest you leave the rest for the 2nd round, unless you are ultra-fast or you want to submit sub-par applications.

From my memories form last year, most 1st round applications had deadlines throughout October, with some deadlines as late as November 1st (MIT) and some deadlines as early as end of September or so (Columbia early decision, Cornell's 1st round). However, I suggest you focus on your GMAT right now and find out about deadlines later, because:

a) you want to do your best in GMAT and not have to re-take.
b) there's probably more harm to be done in working at apps together with studying for GMAT than by waiting.

The only thing I would recommend you to do about apps. maybe a little bit in advance is warn your recommenders that you may need their time around late September - early October, and then stay away from apps. until your GMAT is done.

Hope it helps. L.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2007, 23:24
I agree with lepium, just wanted to add some additional info. The first round cut off dates for most schools are around the second week in October. Some schools have later cut off dates such as Michigan (Nov.1) so that may give you some extra time.
  [#permalink] 20 Jun 2007, 23:24