Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2.6 GPA, ~550 Knewton GMAT Practice Test, Whats Best option

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

2.6 GPA, ~550 Knewton GMAT Practice Test, Whats Best option [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2011, 19:34
I graduated last May with a BS in Construction Management, and a minor in Business with a Cumulative GPA of 2.6. It took me six years to get my BS, and I was academically disqualified for one year, from the school which I later returned to and received my degree.

The reason for my poor performance/terrible performance is because of lack of work ethic, plus in the field of Construction your GPA doesn't matter (so I thought, the top company's ask your GPA).

Anyways a couple months ago I took the Knewton GMAT Practice Test without any Prep and I received a 550, since then I haven't done much studying.

I have had a few construction internships for some good companies, and currently working for a Small Flooring Contractor since graduation. Its my fathers small business.

Anyways I would like to see what schools I should consider with my profile. I can take some time off work and study a lot for the GMAT hoping to get at least a 650, goal of 700.

I would like to get into the best school I can get into, mostly to have a job after graduation in addition to a nice salary. What schools would you recommend?
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
2.6 GPA, ~550 Knewton GMAT Practice Test, Whats Best option   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2011, 19:34