Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 07:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2.7 GPA 600 GMAT, Feedback?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
2.7 GPA 600 GMAT, Feedback? [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2011, 06:51
Ladies and Gents, I could use your honest feedback. I am interested in attending either UCI's, Santa Clara's, or Perpperdine Fully-employed program. My profile is as follows: Age 26, undergrad BA in Philosophy from UCSB (2.7 GPA), and GMAT scores of 520 and 600. I have four years of Account Management (sales managment) in the software industry, with strong letters of recommendation.

My 600 GMAT split was (Q35, V37), I certainly dedicated a lot of time and effort into studying. If I take the test again I may enroll in a local Junior College Algebra course to build a solid foundation. Not sure if this makes a difference, but I was a transfer student at UCSB so my 2.7 GPA is only based on my last two years of college, and doesn't account my 3.2+ freshmen/sophmore junior college GPA.

Pepperdine and UCI's mean is about a 3.0 GPA and a 600, or 620. Basically, I need some feedback on if I should apply or retake the GMAT, for the third time?

Thank you, I know you all are busy!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: 2.7 GPA 600 GMAT, Feedback? [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2011, 06:31
I don't think you need to retake your GMAT unless either school has rules about a certain quantative score. I think you have a shot for these schools. Of course, a higher GMAT score would help, but I don't think it's going to kill you even if you don't retake it. Just make sure you execute a great application.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: 2.7 GPA 600 GMAT, Feedback?   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2011, 06:31