Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2 Days left. Should I write that last CAT test or...?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.98
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 11

2 Days left. Should I write that last CAT test or...? [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 07:26
So it's Saturday morning, and I have my GMAT on Monday morning, or approximately 48-ish hours. There are lots of posts and guides that talk about what to do on the last day before the exam. But what about the day before the last?

I am wondering if there is anything to be gained by writing a last CAT test today. I have already done 5 Manhattan CATS and 2 GMAT prep. There is 1 Manhattan test I haven't touched yet. I could also always redo the GMATPrep tests.

Or is it better spent going over my error logs from the OG, last minute Idiom brushing up, maybe a last look at those geometry formulas that haven't come up in practice problems for a while?

A CAT will take 4 hours out. I don't intend to do much on my last day (anyways, I have to go to my best friend's birthday bash, so I won't get much in even if I wanted to).

The last CAT I wrote was on Wednesday, or 3 days ago (GMAT Prep - with AWA).

Any advice? The nervous pangs are starting to creep in.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2156

Kudos [?]: 7565 [0], given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 2 Days left. Should I write that last CAT test or...? [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 07:30
Expert's post
I would do the brushing up (don't kill yourself though) and take the test on Sun. Organize your notes, thoughts, ideas, questions you hate/love, etc.
After you take the test, do a quick review (not more than an hour) and then take the rest of the day off.
Try taking the practice test same time as your real test will be on Mon.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.98
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 11

Re: 2 Days left. Should I write that last CAT test or...? [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 07:36
bb wrote:
I would do the brushing up (don't kill yourself though) and take the test on Sun. Organize your notes, thoughts, ideas, questions you hate/love, etc.
After you take the test, do a quick review (not more than an hour) and then take the rest of the day off.
Try taking the practice test same time as your real test will be on Mon.

Thanks bb. I think I will do that as well, considering I haven't actually ever written a test at the time I have scheduled for my Gmat (8 am). I suppose I can knock one back before the party and relax in the afternoon-evening.
Re: 2 Days left. Should I write that last CAT test or...?   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2011, 07:36