Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 16:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2 days left. What are the best topics to revise?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

2 days left. What are the best topics to revise? [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2010, 08:58
Hey guys,

I can't study. GMAT's on Friday the 13th.... I'm very restless. Have averaged 680 in Manhattan CAT's, scored 710 in First GMATPrep and 660 in second. Any suggestions on how to utilize my time at the same time not be stressed?
And is it normal if people cannot study last 2 days?

Let me know!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 199 [1] , given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: 2 days left. What are the best topics to revise? [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2010, 13:07
This post received
KUDOS
i suggest you to chill and relax. Go out, see a movie and dont think about gmat. As to whether it is "normal" or not some people take practice tests the day of and the day before and some like me try to avoid putting too much time on it. If you are restless you might be even more so if you happen to mess up on any last minute tests/practices so just relax :). You can do some small studying like going over some basics, formulas, error logs etc...

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 476 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: 2 days left. What are the best topics to revise? [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2010, 21:20
Expert's post
Follow shaselai's advice and take the next two days off from anything related to the GMAT. At this stage, you're ready. Watch a movie or go to the mall. Give your mind a break so it will be fully energized for the big day!

Everyone becomes anxious right before the GMAT. It's a completely normal feeling. But there's nothing to worry about. Trust me, when the test starts, you'll know what to do. But rest for now.

And please remember to post a debrief.

Good luck! :)

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: 2 days left. What are the best topics to revise? [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2010, 21:24
hahaha, thanks guys,
im just glancing over OG problems ( the ending problems ) . It gives me great pleasure as i find i am getting all the answers correct.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 2

Re: 2 days left. What are the best topics to revise? [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2010, 23:00
Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 2

Re: 2 days left. What are the best topics to revise? [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2010, 23:02
Some important topics:

Quant:
Practice table type questions (venn diagram type), mean median mode range concepts, geometry formulaes

don't bother about probability, permutation & combination much

Verbal:

Sentence correction: go through OG difficult ones special topics parallelism & comparisons

Critical Reasoning: practice two questions of each type..i recommend go to grockit create a game for you own topic and select the hard level

Reading Comprehension: Practice 2-3 LSAT type reading comprehension..if you score less don't bother much

exam tip: during tests 8 minutes breaks are really useful so utlise them wisely

Best of luck

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: 2 days left. What are the best topics to revise?   [#permalink] 10 Aug 2010, 23:02