Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 23:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2 internships in the same summer....

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

2 internships in the same summer.... [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2011, 05:30
hey guys,
i have noticed that some people do 2 summer internships during their MBAs...
How is that possible?
Like Jun-Jul, then August-September???? Wouldnt they miss classes?
Anyways, how do you even schedule that, or explain that in the interviews "Yes i am very interested in your company and would love to stay if given a FT offer, but still i am also doing an internship somewhere else this summer to see which company is better...."

I have seen people doing both internships at different IBs in different locations (NY and London)...
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: 2 internships in the same summer.... [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2011, 06:58
At Tuck we get 12 weeks off for the summer. The people that I know who did two internships usually did an 8 week one and a 4 week one. Usually the company made the decision to limit the internship to 8 weeks, so the student just found another internship for the remaining 4 weeks.

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: 2 internships in the same summer.... [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2011, 07:50
refurb wrote:
At Tuck we get 12 weeks off for the summer. The people that I know who did two internships usually did an 8 week one and a 4 week one. Usually the company made the decision to limit the internship to 8 weeks, so the student just found another internship for the remaining 4 weeks.

RF

i guess the 4 week internship was not consulting nor IB..

I have seen people at wharton do 2 internships. Anyone knows how many weeks they get for summer.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: 2 internships in the same summer.... [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2011, 08:34
I know some people who did two internships, the ones I can think of were sponsored students from big name MC companies. They also seemed to focus on start-ups or smaller companies. My advice is dont try to do two internships...10-12 weeks is a lot shorter of a time than you realize. It takes a while to get up to speed with a company and your project. If you are switching careers you will get a hell of a lot more out of focusing on one project and one company. If you are returning to an industry or a sponsoring company you could do two internships just for the fun of it.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: 2 internships in the same summer....   [#permalink] 12 Feb 2011, 08:34