Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 19:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2009 vs 2010 : Is this the best year to apply for an MBA?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

IF you were to apply as a first timer with 3 years of W/E which year would you apply in?

• 64% [16]
  • 36% [9]
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

2009 vs 2010 : Is this the best year to apply for an MBA? [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2009, 08:24
Given the current economic gloom, it is expected that there will be a flood of applications the current season and the next (end, 2009). I understand that we go to a business school when the time is right for our career. I understand that many of us here have already applied... but speaking from a perspective of someone who is yet to apply, would you consider the coming season (end 2009) or the next (end 2010) for an application.
2010.. I agree I can make my profile more mature.. but I am afraid one can also die of impatience, given one decided to apply initially in 2009. Also consider the fact that many schools are harsh to re-applicants... On the other hand, thinking of economic benefits, do a year early means an extra year of increased salary (because you graduate early)....

So please throw in your comments

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

(Assuming you are interested in more of a consulting career)
Manager
Manager
Schools: Rady School of Management at UC San Diego GO TRITONS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: 2009 vs 2010 : Is this the best year to apply for an MBA? [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2009, 09:31
IMHO, the best thing to do is ignore everybody else's situation. The way I look at it is that the increase in applications is mostly due to poor applicants (i.e. people without a strong profile who are just applying because the economy is bad, etc.). So to some extent, large increase in app volume ≠ large increase in competition. If you're not ready to apply in 2009, wait another year. If you are, go for it!
Re: 2009 vs 2010 : Is this the best year to apply for an MBA?   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2009, 09:31