Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 00:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 12:17
Hi Shannon,
I submitted my application in late December, which is around the deadline for international students.
I think given the current economy, there are a lot more competitive applicants this year.
I guess I'll be going to U of Michigan then.
Best of luck to you and everyone else on this board!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 14:20
freelhc wrote:
Hi Shannon,
I submitted my application in late December, which is around the deadline for international students.
I think given the current economy, there are a lot more competitive applicants this year.

Nothing wrong with that! Good luck and hope you love it :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2010, 20:15
freelhc wrote:
Hi Shannon,

what a bummer, i thought your qualifications are excellent and you have a pretty decent chance of getting admitted at UT austin and other top accounting schools in general. well, Ross is one helluva business school and its accounting program is also well known so dont feel bad about it! :wink:

i am an international student myself and this really makes me anxious. i really wanna attend UT Austin and hope that my status as an international student wont jeopardize my chance of getting accepted.
Intern
Intern

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2010, 06:59
PuckMan93 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Got my Illinois - Urbana-Champaign acceptance today.

Just waiting on USC now...

Congrats! Msa or mas?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2010, 12:04
Guys,

Here are some updates. I posted my personal data on the first page.

As I mentioned before, I got a rejection mail from Notre Dame in January. After that, denied from Baruch College about 10 days ago(email) and also denied from UT about a week ago(online status check). After I rejected from Baruch College, I realized that I have only small chances to get an acceptance mail from USC/UNC, and started to think about alternative options.

Today, I emailed USC and UNC to ask about my status. Surprisingly, I got an immediate reply from UNC and it says that they’re still reviewing applications and will notify me the result via email later. More surprisingly, I also got a reply from USC and it says that they wanna talk to me!

I was really disappointed because of Baruch college but feeling little better now. I still have 2 chances! But waiting for interview makes me nervous…
Intern
Intern

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2010, 22:06
I'm applying next year. What should I take off my list? I know I have too many...
(3.0 GPA/780 GMAT)
-New York resident
-Non-accounting major (Have taken Financial Accounting I & Financial Accounting II- but that's it..)

UT-Austin
USC
UNC-Chapel Hill
Boston College
Michigan
Wisconsin
Illinois
Indiana-Bloomington
Ohio
Vanderbilt
William & Mary
UVA
Rutgers
Baruch
Albany
Binghamton
Intern
Intern

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 09:06
I am now admitted by UT Austin MPA program, UIUC MSA program, and Boston College. I had interviews with USC and UNC, still waiting for their final decisions.
GPA 3.6
GMA 650
Under: Finance

ciphet wrote:
sup everyone? the year 2010 has come and i figure i should start the thread for 2010 master of accounting applicants. itd be awesome if you guys could post your list of programs you guys are applying to, your stats, your application or GMAT progress, your admission status, anything you guys have in mind for the 2010 mac programs. so, shall we?

programs i am applying to (fingers crossed........)
USC
UT Austin
UIUC
Boston Coll.

my stats:
overall GPA 3.62
major GPA 3.89
major finance at umcp (non-acctg background)
GMAT 730
some leadership and sport activities
interned at major consulting firm and financial institutions for a year
international student

i will update my admission status once i got the news from them (again, fingers crossed..........)
looking forward to hearing from you guys! :wink:
Intern
Intern

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 14:17
newlast wrote:
I am now admitted by UT Austin MPA program, UIUC MSA program, and Boston College. I had interviews with USC and UNC, still waiting for their final decisions.
GPA 3.6
GMA 650
Under: Finance

Congrats, newlast!

Can you share your interview experience with UNC/USC? I’ll have interviews with both so..
Thank you in advance!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 12:54
Anyone hear from UNC/Texas recently?
Intern
Intern

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2010, 13:49
got accepted to Notre Dame and Boston College, so excited! But having trouble making the decision.
Intern
Intern

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2010, 12:01
Congrats on ND and Boston. Would you mind sharing your stats? Any money coming from either?
Intern
Intern

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2010, 17:59
aceofspades2010 wrote:
Congrats on ND and Boston. Would you mind sharing your stats? Any money coming from either?

Thanks, and sure. My numbers aren't superb, but I feel as though they are fairly competitive. My GPA is a 3.446 and I got a 580 on the GMAT.

I'm pretty confident that my resume and personal statements helped me out quite a bit for each program. I've had two internships, am VP of my school's BAP chapter, and have volunteered abroad. I feel as though the programs I applied to were looking for well rounded individuals with strong work ethics and leadership skills.

I didn't have an interview with BC, but I feel as though the interview for ND was focused on whether or not a candidate can hold a compelling conversation in a professional manner.

I got a partial scholarship for $3k at ND, but I was told if I take the GMAT and score higher, there is an opportunity for more money. I didn't receive a scholarship from BC, but I'm currently trying to change that (basically by explaining how I received a partial scholarship from ND).
Intern
Intern

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2010, 21:02
GMAT 550 Q.74 V.22
GPA 3.1, MAJOR 3.7(undergraduate accounting)
WORK: 3 YRS accountant in fortune 500.
license CPA.
What is my chance to get in Baruch MSA? Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2010, 05:31
i have finally heard back from all the schools! 8-)

here are the results:
UT Austin: Interviewed, but dinged :(
UIUC: Accepted, but decline the offer
USC: Accepted
Boston College: Accepted

pretty disappointed with UT Austin, but it is what it is. now i am trying to pick between USC and BC as i think both schools are the best fit for me. best of luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 16:23
Anyone else? I'm applying for Fall 2011 admissions to some of the schools mentioned and it's great seeing the stats/opinions!

University of Southern California
Boston College (#1 choice)
University of Virginia
University of Michigan
American University
Bentley University

Can anyone share their experience with BC some more?!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 6

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2010, 06:30
Is there a thread for 2011 applicants? I'll be one of those applying and would love to compare notes and hear stories.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2010, 06:40
peggster wrote:
Is there a thread for 2011 applicants? I'll be one of those applying and would love to compare notes and hear stories.

as requested: Please follow the posting rules

2011-master-of-accounting-taxation-applicants-unite-100267.html#p773460

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: 2010 Master of Accounting applicants UNITE!   [#permalink] 02 Sep 2010, 06:40