Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 22:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 13:18
Cpa,
If you've got a couple of relevant internships, that's certainly a more robust work profile than I had when I applied. When I applied in July after graduating from College in May, I had about 4 years total of work experience (Security Guard, package handler, shipping person, etc.), obviously none of it having much to do with Accounting or Finance, just stuff I did during college to make a little $. You and I had a similar GPA and GMAT scores. If you write good essays and get good letters of recommendation, as I did, I'm positive you'll get in, despite what they're telling you at the Admissions ofice. Feel free to private message me if you've got any more questions.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 20:35
Thanks for the reply, yankee. I PM'd you.

When's the 2012 thread going up, gents?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 11

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2012, 13:57
Hey everyone,
I am going to start applying for grad schools right now. I've been studying for the GMAT for the past month and half and will take it late February. Is this too late of a date for the GMAT if the deadlines for schools is March 1st? Thanks

- Chris W.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 01:16
Hi all,

I heard from Wake Forest and unfortunately they rejected (a quick decision, considering I sent in my appl on 1/1 & they received GMAT score a week after that) me. Does anyone know if admission will re-consider their decision with a higher GMAT score in the next few months? I am re-taking GMAT in a week.
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 04:01
tj15 wrote:
Hi all,

I heard from Wake Forest and unfortunately they rejected (a quick decision, considering I sent in my appl on 1/1 & they received GMAT score a week after that) me. Does anyone know if admission will re-consider their decision with a higher GMAT score in the next few months? I am re-taking GMAT in a week.

Sorry to hear about that, at least they did not keep you in waiting for months first. What are you stats and gmat score if you dont mind me asking; where else have you/are you going to apply?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 17:02
It was a bummer to hear their rejection so quickly. My 1st GMAT was 570, a terrible score. My GPA is 3.2 from a top 10 undergrad business school and have 2 years of w.e. @ financial services firm. I am also applying to UVA & BC.
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 04:41
tj15 wrote:
It was a bummer to hear their rejection so quickly. My 1st GMAT was 570, a terrible score. My GPA is 3.2 from a top 10 undergrad business school and have 2 years of w.e. @ financial services firm. I am also applying to UVA & BC.

I wanted to apply to UVA as well but I did not have the intermediate acct. prerequisites. I also applied to BC but just submitted my application last week so I don't know when I can expect to hear back. Have you applied to any safety schools, I made sure to do this as I am not sure how my gmat will affect my admission.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 15:55
Has anyone applied to the MBA/MS program at Northeastern University in Boston? If so, could you share your thoughts on admissions?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2013, 23:49
did anyone in this class pool get an interview at USC and not got accepted?
Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE!   [#permalink] 09 Aug 2013, 23:49