Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 16:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 15:44
Can anyone provide more insight into the programs at UVA and Notre Dame. Both seem like great programs, but I'd like to hear from current/former students or anyone who has any input on the programs. Thanks and good luck to all!
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:33
tcp33 wrote:
I applied to the MSA program at Boston College and was notified that they wanted to schedule an interview. Does anyone know anything more about this? I know that typically interviews are not required for the program so is this a good sign or a bad sign?

I actually got a request for an interview, too. I had a 700 GMAT and 3.4 GPA. I was sort of surprised because I didn't think they did interviews for the MSA program. I graduated with a non-accounting undergraduate degree so that could have something to do with it.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 11:13
It's not a bad sign if you are asked to interview. I had to interview to both schools I am applying to and I was accepted to both with $.
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 13:46
Ok, great. Thank you for the responses. Did anyone receive significant scholarships from UT-Austin, Boston College, Ohio State or DePaul?
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 14:45
quiksilver24 wrote:
Can anyone provide more insight into the programs at UVA and Notre Dame. Both seem like great programs, but I'd like to hear from current/former students or anyone who has any input on the programs. Thanks and good luck to all!

ND Alum here. I can highly recommend the program. They do a lot to a lot to bring the class throughout the program and everyone gets into football. Career services does a great job as well. For the most part students do well in recruiting. Coming from a lesser known state school, it was academically challenging for me as well. I'm happy to answer any other questions.
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 19:03
so i got into unc today but the admission letter reads a bit...oddly. did anyone else get in? could you pm me a copy of the body?

also, got into bc yesterday
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2011, 12:05
Anyone heard back or got an interview from either USC or Texas?
Intern
Intern
Schools: UT, USC, GWU, BC, WFU, UGA

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2011, 12:48
Program: MAcc/MSA

Applying to: University of Texas, USC, Wake Forest, Boston College, FSU, GW, UVA, UGA, University of Illinois

GMAT: 710, 47 Math, 37 Verbal, 6.0 Writing
Undergrad GPA: Major: 3.2, Overall: 3.2

So far I got into Wake and GW both with $. UT said I should hear by the end of next week at the latest.

Im graduating from Florida State with a double major in accounting and finance. Is this good enough for UT?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2011, 23:43
I have already been accepted to USC's MBT program. I think I interviewed 12/17 and heard back 1/5 with the acceptance.
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 02:35
I heard back from Texas but am still waiting to hear about any scholarship money from them.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2011, 18:04
What kind of questions did they ask during the USC interview? I just submitted my app
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2011, 20:58
I honestly don't remember them all. There was a thread a while back that said something like "USC Interview coming up - pretty scared" and I just read all of the questions from there and those were the ones that were asked. From what I remember it was:

1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why USC
3. I see you did x (on your resume) please explain
4. Why tax (I applied MBT) over accounting
5. What have you been doing since you graduated
6. Do you have any questions for me

It was a pretty easy interview. Lasted about 30-45 minutes. When you do go, I'd suggest that you print out your email confirmation for your appointment if you do the interview on campus. There was a mix up with my parking, and I got lucky that the guy handling the gate let me in. If you have any other questions for me please feel free to ask or pm me.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 6

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2011, 13:00
Has anyone interviewed at William & Mary yet? I have a phone interview scheduled for Friday, and I'm curious about what to expect.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2011, 23:38
acctngnoob, congrats on your USC acceptance. :)

I have very similar stats as you (710, 3.4x), but no experience, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Has anyone else heard back from USC, even if it's just an update? I submitted my app the first week in Jan, but when I log on to check all it says is to keep on checking back for updates/items still required/etc.
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2011, 23:43
Radical347 wrote:

I have very similar stats as you (710, 3.4x), but no experience, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Has anyone else heard back from USC, even if it's just an update? I submitted my app the first week in Jan, but when I log on to check all it says is to keep on checking back for updates/items still required/etc.

I have an interview tomorrow with USC. Im guessing itll take about 1-2 weeks after that to hear the final decision.
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2011, 23:58
dim9989 wrote:
Radical347 wrote:

I have an interview tomorrow with USC. Im guessing itll take about 1-2 weeks after that to hear the final decision.

Best of luck! :) When did you send your app in?
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2011, 13:30
I think I finished my app in early november and my letters of recommendation were submitted early to mid december. So it took almost 2 months.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2011, 00:38
I got into Wake Forest with scholarship money. ($2,500/semester) :-D
I'm trying to decide between Wake Forest's MSA and Rutgers' MBA in Professional Accounting.
Anyone have thoughts?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2011, 00:50
awilli32 wrote:
sailtheworld wrote:
awilli32 wrote:
Here's my stats:

GPA: 3.52 cumulative, 3.74 major (Business Economics from a state school in the Rocky Mountain region)
GMAT: 690, 45Q, 39Q (BTW: Here's a great piece of advice for the GMAT, DO NOT SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON ANY QUESTION ON THE GMAT! I spent 7 minutes on the first math question, messed up my timing, had 6 questions to do with less than 2 minutes to go.)

Schools:
Vanderbilt: Rejected
Wake Forest
UNC
UVA
Probably USC, Boston College, NC State

Wow, what do you think the reason for the Vanderbilt rejection was? You're just below mean GPA and above GMAT mean.

That's a good question. Your guess would be as good as mine. I believe the statistics are a little deceiving because of the small class size. They try to get a diverse student body, so some of the GPA and GMAT scores are a little skewed. I thought I had a good chance, as they try to get get students from all over the country and I live in the Rocky Mountain area. It's unfortunate that many schools choose students for reasons other than education merits, but that's just the way it is. I was a little taken back with some of the questions that they asked on the application. Many I did not think were appropriate (like race, parent's colleges and universities, parent's career), but I guess they have to ask those questions to get a diverse student body.

I got rejected from Vandy too..they were a pain in the ass to deal with..both my professors sent in their letters of recommendation to the admissions office- it was confirmed that Vandy received those letters and then a month later, I get an email telling me that they didn't receive them... :?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Boston College,William and Mary and Texas A&M
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2011, 06:46
Hello, I am applying for ms accounting program for fall 2011. I just completed my GMAT and scored 640(Q45 V32). Here are the list of universities.
1.Texas A&M
2. Boston College
3.Fordham University( How good is this college)
4. William and Mary
5. James Madison
6. Case Western Reserve
7. University of Mississippi

How does the above list look? and what are my chances?

GPA:3.37 from one of the top 5 colleges

https://e-gmat.com/register.php

Re: 2011 Master of Accounting / Taxation applicants UNITE!   [#permalink] 30 Jan 2011, 06:46