Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Sloan '14 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GPA: 2.9
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014

GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink]
fsaq wrote:
PriceNation did you not a call from Sloan at least or an admission? did you apply through Engineering or Sloan?

I am also wondering, does anyone know how common it is to be accepted by engineering/Sloan if you don't make it in to LGO?
And to do so, do you need to be dinged? or are waitlisted students also considered?

I imagine this only happens if the school you applied through finds you a great candidate, but the other denies you... At least that would make sense to me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
iamvolitant wrote:
fsaq wrote:
PriceNation did you not a call from Sloan at least or an admission? did you apply through Engineering or Sloan?

I am also wondering, does anyone know how common it is to be accepted by engineering/Sloan if you don't make it in to LGO?
And to do so, do you need to be dinged? or are waitlisted students also considered?

I imagine this only happens if the school you applied through finds you a great candidate, but the other denies you... At least that would make sense to me.

I recently met a Sloan student, and I raised this question to him. He was of the opinion that Sloan and LGO have different requirements, and its a very weak chance that if you don't get into LGO, Sloan will accept you. Not so good news, but I thought of sharing this
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Rswappy,

I totally agree. I went to LGO Ambassadors Day last year but decided it wasn't the right time to apply. This year is a much better, although I got a promotion at work, which makes it even more difficult to leave and makes LGO seen that much more desirable.

I have entrepreneurial aspirations, and I'm a female with two years design engineering and three years operations experience. I am going to get stuck if I don't take the opportunity to leave when the time is right, which is now. So I am applying to other programs even though LGO is my number one.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Health Care)
Send PM
Wondering when the invites would go out!!! Already late from when the invites were sent out last year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Looks like another day with no invites.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I am impressed that the timeline is unlike anything we can remember. It seems that this will be a whole new plan for sending invitations. I seriously thought last friday, this monday or today would be the days but its already the end of wednesday. If we dont hear anything by Friday I encourage everyone here to call the LGO office at a 5 minute interval asking the same question:

I will go first at 8am Boston time, someone else calls at 8:05 , then some other calls at 8:10...

lol it would be funny if we do this and the LGO office does not open until 10 am
Given Kudos:
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
I am planning to call on Friday if we don't hear anything by noon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Maybe it's because I'm expecting a ding ( :cry: ) but I'm okay with their timeline so far. They do have to make it right by giving the candidates enough time to make travel plans without getting reamed on flights and hotel booking.
Manager
Manager

Send PM
I really don't think emailing or calling them will make it better, sooner, or impress them.

I hope to be viewed as a patient applicant.
If I ask about invites I'd be afraid of being remembered as the one applicant who annoys the adcom with weekly emails/phone calls asking when invites go out or if all have been sent yet, when the answer is clearly stated on their website.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
iamvolitant wrote:
I really don't think emailing or calling them will make it better, sooner, or impress them.

If I ask about invites I'd be afraid of being remembered as the one applicant who annoys the adcom with weekly emails/phone calls asking when invites go out or if all have been sent yet, when the answer is clearly stated on their website.

I agree with you, I was just joking on the calling them thing.

However, I disagree that because something is "clearly stated on the website" it should be taken as truth.. example at hand: we all know Don calls every succesful applicant throughout decision weekend even though the website says that all applicants will only find out through mail about their decision and that no applicant will receive a phone call.

I just want this wait to be over. Though it feels good to still know that I am on the race. I feel that when invites are sent out, I wont be called and my illusion will be over :-(

:-( :-( I will be back I gotta get some ice cream.
Given Kudos:
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
iamvolitant wrote:

I completely agree. My feeling is if the interview invites haven't been sent by Friday, then I missed the invite. It's not too outrageous to believe there were ~600 applicants. In that case, our sample size is too small to be certain invites were or were not sent out.

By Friday, it's more a matter of closure for me. I don't want to carry around the weight of waiting through the end of January.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:MIT LGO, Tepper
 Q44  V41 GMAT 2: 740  Q48  V44
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Product Development Engineer
Send PM
I'm another lurker wondering why we haven't got interview invites yet. Hopefully they push back the interview date some compared to last year so we have a little while to prepare and get travel plans together.

A little about me:
I applied last year, got an interview, but no Don Call.
Essays were pretty crappy, interview was pretty crappy - So this year I paid for a consultant to help with essays and have been practicing talking to myself more.

740 GMAT
3.5 GPA
5 years automotive product development
Manager
Manager

Send PM
fsaq wrote:
iamvolitant wrote:

I agree with you, I was just joking on the calling them thing.

However, I disagree that because something is "clearly stated on the website" it should be taken as truth.. example at hand: we all know Don calls every succesful applicant throughout decision weekend even though the website says that all applicants will only find out through mail about their decision and that no applicant will receive a phone call.

I just want this wait to be over. Though it feels good to still know that I am on the race. I feel that when invites are sent out, I wont be called and my illusion will be over :-(

:-( :-( I will be back I gotta get some ice cream.

You're absolutely right, what is stated on the website is not the truth.
I never said we should believe whats on the website, I just wouldn't suggest asking a question when the Admissions Committee has already issued an answer.

And it seems everyone who did call and email questions about invites last year just got the canned "Interview invitations are extended from January until the decision deadline." response.

good idea on that icecream, i think i'll need some too :D

p.s. where are you applying from fsaq? you are international right?
sorry to pry, you don't have to answer... your ice cream comment just made me wish i was back in France eating Magnum bars :D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Iamvolitant- sorry for misunderstanding your comment. Yep I am international, reapplicant, from an industry that partners dont like... I am not exactly expecting to get call though I hope I do. I think at this point I just want some closure so I dont have to be postponing plans and other things in case I do get called for interviewfest.

haha I am actually trying to finish all things at work before my deadline of Feb 3 so I can relax and prepare if I am called a week prior...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It’s a rainy day in Boston, hopefully nothing better to do today then send out interview invites.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Sloan '14 (A)
GRE 1: Q162 V159
GPA: 3.59
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Just an FYI LGO redid their website, just another potential reason for the delay on the invites.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got an invite kids. See you guys in Boston in February!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts