Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 22:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 08:59
Congrats, Rswappy. Good luck all.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 9
WE 1: R&D implantable sensors
WE 2: R&D sensors for aerospace
WE 3: Technology strategy for Nanotech Regional Collaboration
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 09:14
congrats to those that heard this morning. anyone know if LGO send invites in more than one wave?
has anyone in the past heard from them after the interview fest?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 09:34
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!

All last week I was looking over my MIT essays and statement of objectives thinking how weak they were and how my more recent applications were much stronger now that I've gotten more practice at applying, I had kind of thought that with my lgo app there was little chance for me, especially since it was my first ever.

Today I saw the other two posts on the board about invites and my heart sank. I went to double check my email and and nothing. Checked the spam folder too.

I didn't have my hopes up too high, but LGO is by far my first pick. So I just kind of layed in bed surprisingly sadder than I thought I would be.

Then an email popped up on my phone!!!!!
Invite to an on-campus INTERVIEW!!!!

I was literally shaking so bad. I couldn't believe it.
Sorry about the long post, its just that It was the craziest sad-to-happy emotional explosion I've ever had in the span of 90 seconds

Remember, I'm a college senior!!! This is so crazy!
I'm really excited about this, first time ever going to Boston too! :D
Congrats everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 46
Location: United States (MI)
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 09:38
Congrats! I guess the emails are still going out.


iamvolitant wrote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!

All last week I was looking over my MIT essays and statement of objectives thinking how weak they were and how my more recent applications were much stronger now that I've gotten more practice at applying, I had kind of thought that with my lgo app there was little chance for me, especially since it was my first ever.

Today I saw the other two posts on the board about invites and my heart sank. I went to double check my email and and nothing. Checked the spam folder too.

I didn't have my hopes up too high, but LGO is by far my first pick. So I just kind of layed in bed surprisingly sadder than I thought I would be.

Then an email popped up on my phone!!!!!
Invite to an on-campus INTERVIEW!!!!

I was literally shaking so bad. I couldn't believe it.
Sorry about the long post, its just that It was the craziest sad-to-happy emotional explosion I've ever had in the span of 90 seconds

Remember, I'm a college senior!!! This is so crazy!
I'm really excited about this, first time ever going to Boston too! :D
Congrats everyone!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 09:41
jassiinpublic wrote:
Congrats! I guess the emails are still going out.


Mine was 9:53 am MST if that helps
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (I)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 09:43
Got an interview as well. Wasn't expecting to either--I applied to Sloan directly last year and got rejected without an interview invite. Since then, I focused much better on what I really want from an MBA, and got a few points better on my GMAT, but figured it was still a long shot. Still feel like a long shot (I'm not a great natural interviewer) but it's nice to know I at least got this far.

I'm don't come from an operations background per se, does anyone have any recommendations of good books, websites, periodicals etc. to bone up on stuff a bit ahead of time?

Also, interviews are Feb 3-6, I don't know if anyone else mentioned that yet.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 46
Location: United States (MI)
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 09:59
Sitting on my desk at work and refreshing my email is torture.

Ding it is then :(

Enjoy Boston guys. I might apply again next year.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 196
Concentration: Operations
WE: Operations (Transportation)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 9

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 10:00
Congrats to everyone who got an interview... Yikes I feel dejavu all over, but I wont let this crappy feeling get the best of me until March 9 again. I will just put the forum aside and not check anything until the decision date. I will let you know if I got an interview though. hehe

Iamvolitant - congrats on your invite !! You are one of a kind being a college senior and all, from what I hear this doesnt happen to often. You must have impressed them very much and hopefully Don will give you the call when the time comes. Best of lucks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.38
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 10:00
Just got an invite also!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 196
Concentration: Operations
WE: Operations (Transportation)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 9

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 10:02
Ohh by the way , has any international (no permanent resident or citizen) gotten an invitation? Please post if you do. Maybe it will be like last year again and internationals will get calls at the very end.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 10:09
fsaq wrote:
Iamvolitant - congrats on your invite !! You are one of a kind being a college senior and all, from what I hear this doesnt happen to often. You must have impressed them very much and hopefully Don will give you the call when the time comes. Best of lucks!


Thanks fsaq,
I'm hoping you and I both get that call.
Keep hanging in there for the international/PR invites and keep us up to date
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 10:48
Keep hopes up. I spoke with two current LGO students who said they typically do invites over a couple of days. Could be some tomorrow. I know that doesn't help, but good luck.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 32
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 10:57
Well Ladies and Gents,

I received an interview. I am not as excited as I should be, as I have been here before, but I am really excited about the opportunity to knock this interview out of the park. Who will be the 50?
Good luck to the rest of you. I hope all goes well.
Best,
PriceNation
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 21
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.55
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 11:47
I got an interview invite at 10:58 CST. I'm a re-applicant. Hoping things work out better this year. Good luck everybody.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 196
Concentration: Operations
WE: Operations (Transportation)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 9

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 12:27
Just out of curiosity, whats the subject of the email and who sends it?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 22:23
if anyone is wondering, I called the Cambridge Marriott and the "special MIT rate" is $189 a night for InterviewFest.
or you can book online without a special rate or code it's $129 a night (non-refundable).
I'd like to couch surf, but will probably take the safe bet with the Marriott..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Schools: Sloan '14 (A)
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 07:59
iamvolitant wrote:
if anyone is wondering, I called the Cambridge Marriott and the "special MIT rate" is $189 a night for InterviewFest.
or you can book online without a special rate or code it's $129 a night (non-refundable).
I'd like to couch surf, but will probably take the safe bet with the Marriott..


iamvolitant...where did you book the marriott that you got $129/night? I am seeing $249 on their website as the lowest.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 09:35
lgohopeful wrote:
iamvolitant wrote:
if anyone is wondering, I called the Cambridge Marriott and the "special MIT rate" is $189 a night for InterviewFest.
or you can book online without a special rate or code it's $129 a night (non-refundable).
I'd like to couch surf, but will probably take the safe bet with the Marriott..


iamvolitant...where did you book the marriott that you got $129/night? I am seeing $249 on their website as the lowest.


make sure you're at the Boston Marriott Cambridge (i think this is the one thats right on campus)

here's the link:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/b ... cambridge/
i checked for a stay from feb2-feb5 and it's still 129 as of this morning (no view, non refundable)

edit:
if you are only booking a thursday or monday night, then that might be the reason for different rates, i think if one of your nights includes a friday or saturday, the rates go way down
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Schools: Sloan '14 (A)
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 10:00
iamvolitant wrote:
lgohopeful wrote:
iamvolitant wrote:
if anyone is wondering, I called the Cambridge Marriott and the "special MIT rate" is $189 a night for InterviewFest.
or you can book online without a special rate or code it's $129 a night (non-refundable).
I'd like to couch surf, but will probably take the safe bet with the Marriott..


iamvolitant...where did you book the marriott that you got $129/night? I am seeing $249 on their website as the lowest.


make sure you're at the Boston Marriott Cambridge (i think this is the one thats right on campus)

here's the link:
i checked for a stay from feb2-feb5 and it's still 129 as of this morning (no view, non refundable)

edit:
if you are only booking a thursday or monday night, then that might be the reason for different rates, i think if one of your nights includes a friday or saturday, the rates go way down


Yeah, I think it's because I only need Thurs night, fortunately I can stay with my brother the rest of the weekend.
Thank you for the details though!! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Waiting for the results !!
Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Posts: 94
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2012, 11:33
Congrats everyone on the invites! Wish you all good luck...
I am an international, don't think anything is coming up for us before Feb.. fingers crossed
_________________

GMAT: 750 Q51 V40
GMAT Prep1: 740 Q50 V40 ; GMAT Prep2: 760 Q49 V44; MGMAT1: 700 Q48 V37; Kaptest: 710 Q47 V41; GMAT Prep3: 760 Q50 V44
10-days-before-the-gmat-103450.html

Re: 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2012, 11:33
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
16 2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread LGO13 262 11 Jul 2011, 08:47
16 2013 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread dayABR11 87 03 Jul 2012, 11:12
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread LGOstudent 401 14 Jul 2010, 15:03
Admitted to MIT Sloan Class of 2012 Thread maxtor 3 11 May 2010, 07:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

2012 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) Thread

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14    Next  [ 263 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.