Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 09:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2011, 08:21
I believe all the invites for the upcoming "interview fest" have been sent out.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2011, 10:51
Does anyone know any good restaurants to visit while in Boston that are walking distance from campus?
Current Student
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2011, 16:12
Operationsguy wrote:
Does anyone know any good restaurants to visit while in Boston that are walking distance from campus?

There are some places within walking distance of Sloan that are open for dinner but most food options are oriented towards lunch for students and office workers. If you're coming to interviewfest, there will be student hosted dinners on Friday and Monday night at various restaurants around Boston, I highly recommend going if you can.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations
WE: Operations (Transportation)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 9

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2011, 21:40
My heart stopped a few hours ago when I received a call from an area code 617...

It was some stupid Hult University promoter...
Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2011, 04:02
All the best to all interviewers. You guys are lucky, and give your best shot. MIT is worth fighting for!
Manager
Manager

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2011, 11:13
Just our of curiosity, is there any international (not a PR or citizen) here who has received an invitation for interview? I dont think the LGO staff will send anything today, tomorrow or monday given that they will be very busy with Interviewfest stuff. I am sure that at least one international from this thread will receve an invite. Please let the other ones know as soon as you hear something, please please.
Manager
Manager

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2011, 14:48
I think it's over for LGO man. Tough luck for all of us!
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Schools: Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2011, 20:59
Good luck to all interviewees..

Consider kudos, they are good for health

Intern
Intern

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2011, 00:03
I'm not so sure. Its strange that it appears that literally no international applicants on this thread have got an interview.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GRE 1: 1310 Q800 V510
GPA: 3.85
WE: Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2011, 04:03
Hi, I am an international applicant and I have not received any invitation either. I would like to ask if there's any international applicant in this thread that has an invitation (if so, I would start acting normal again, dissapointed but normal....).

Thank you very much!!
Manager
Manager

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2011, 07:14
Yes, it is weird that not even one out of the at least 10 internationals in this thread has gotten an interview invite. I dont think anything has happened for internationals yet. I was told that internationals usually get their call very late, so I was kind of expecting not many internationals being invited to interviewfest but I kind of hoped to hear about invites at around this date just to ease up my nerves a bit. I hate waiting for so long without any news, I would rather be told that I was dinged rather than keep expecting an interview call all the way until march 8.

As it is now, I check my email every hour and this thread around 5 times a day to see if any international has gotten an invite. I cant keep doing this until march 8. Its nuts...
Manager
Manager

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2011, 08:56
fsaq wrote:
Yes, it is weird that not even one out of the at least 10 internationals in this thread has gotten an interview invite. I dont think anything has happened for internationals yet. I was told that internationals usually get their call very late, so I was kind of expecting not many internationals being invited to interviewfest but I kind of hoped to hear about invites at around this date just to ease up my nerves a bit. I hate waiting for so long without any news, I would rather be told that I was dinged rather than keep expecting an interview call all the way until march 8.

As it is now, I check my email every hour and this thread around 5 times a day to see if any international has gotten an invite. I cant keep doing this until march 8. Its nuts...

Don't mean to be a harbinger of bad news but I called LGO the other day and international students have been invited to the interview fest. Now, I don't know if they plan to invite more in the future. Maybe they have invited all the ones that they really like.
Manager
Manager

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2011, 11:05
Quote:
Don't mean to be a harbinger of bad news but I called LGO the other day and international students have been invited to the interview fest. Now, I don't know if they plan to invite more in the future. Maybe they have invited all the ones that they really like.

Really? Did you talk on the phone with Leah or someone? Are you sure they are actual internationals and not permanent residents? mmm thats weird. I guess its all up to waiting now. From what I heard from actual international LGO's, interviews are extended very late and Interviefest is typically directed towards domestic, only very few internationals. I never said that there wouldnt be any internationals on interviewfest (I was expecting a few invites to it, just like last year), only that most international admits do not participate in it.
Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT LGO (Admitted), Harvard (Admitted))
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2011, 14:20
My interview was relatively short today - not sure what that would indicate?

Dream the impossible and do the incredible.

Live. Love. Laugh.

Manager
Manager

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2011, 15:55
babyif19 wrote:
My interview was relatively short today - not sure what that would indicate?

How long was it? Do you know the names of the people who interviewed you? Thanks!!
Manager
Manager

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2011, 18:23
Quote:
How long was it? Do you know the names of the people who interviewed you? Thanks!!

Yes, also if you have their addresses, names of spouses and the schools their children go to it will be highly appreciated.... hahaha JK

I will keep hoping for an interview call... good luck to thos interviewing on monday. Hope all went great today.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2013
Followers: 1

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 05:31
Hey Everyone,
Is the interviewfest done with? Does anyone know if there are going to be any more interview calls rolled out?
I am an international applicant from India and wondering if there is still some possibility of getting an interview call. Have any internationals got interview invites till now?
Manager
Manager

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 11:14
I emailed LGO and got a response today. Leah said that "It is very possible that more interview invitations will be extended in the coming weeks."

Lets keep our fingers crossed. Yes interviewfest is over.
1 KUDOS received
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 63 [1] , given: 76465

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2011, 01:46
This post received
KUDOS
By my count there was just 1 international student (not a US citizen or permanent resident) who flew in from London who was there on Friday. I do not know about Monday. Best of luck.
Manager
Manager

Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2011, 07:25
Thank you Luxor! that info does help!!
Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2011, 07:25