Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 07:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Nov 2012
Posts: 59
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 4
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 17:35
catthanby wrote:
I have been accepted at UT!

Posted from my mobile device Image


Nice! Congratulations!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 20:36
Just got my acceptance to UT!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 05:35
I applied to Master in Accounting program in OSU (Fisher school of business), IU (Kelley) and TAMU (Mays). Is there anybody who has applied to these Universities? These featured in PAR top 10 and have low tuition or offer assistantships. I am worried if I have made the right choice as no one seems to talk about these.
Havent heard from anyone of them yet! I am an international student

Gmat 690
Gpa 3.5
3 years internship with EY India and 2 yrs work ex in PwC India
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 14:36
Nrupesh wrote:
I applied to Master in Accounting program in OSU (Fisher school of business), IU (Kelley) and TAMU (Mays). Is there anybody who has applied to these Universities? These featured in PAR top 10 and have low tuition or offer assistantships. I am worried if I have made the right choice as no one seems to talk about these.
Havent heard from anyone of them yet! I am an international student

Gmat 690
Gpa 3.5
3 years internship with EY India and 2 yrs work ex in PwC India


I wouldn't worry, all those schools have great programs. You may not see as many people talking about them because they have more prerequisites than schools like UT, UNC, USC etc.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Nov 2012
Posts: 59
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 4
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 16:39
Nrupesh wrote:
I applied to Master in Accounting program in OSU (Fisher school of business), IU (Kelley) and TAMU (Mays). Is there anybody who has applied to these Universities? These featured in PAR top 10 and have low tuition or offer assistantships. I am worried if I have made the right choice as no one seems to talk about these.
Havent heard from anyone of them yet! I am an international student

Gmat 690
Gpa 3.5
3 years internship with EY India and 2 yrs work ex in PwC India


Based on your profile, I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you do hear from those schools. Frankly, I am curious why you didn't apply to top programs such as UNC, USC, and UT. Will PWC help pay for your school?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 01:01
UTMPA2011 wrote:
Nrupesh wrote:
I applied to Master in Accounting program in OSU (Fisher school of business), IU (Kelley) and TAMU (Mays). Is there anybody who has applied to these Universities? These featured in PAR top 10 and have low tuition or offer assistantships. I am worried if I have made the right choice as no one seems to talk about these.
Havent heard from anyone of them yet! I am an international student

Gmat 690
Gpa 3.5
3 years internship with EY India and 2 yrs work ex in PwC India


Based on your profile, I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you do hear from those schools. Frankly, I am curious why you didn't apply to top programs such as UNC, USC, and UT. Will PWC help pay for your school?


Unfortunately, PwC will not pay for my education and I have to fund it on my own. And looking at top 20 schools in PAR report which are favorable to international students (in terms of assistantships) and reasonable fee, I applied to those three programs. For example UT specifically says international students should not depend on University and need to fund the entire fee. USC is totally out of my budget even with assitantships. So those three. Hope I made the right choice.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jun 2011
Posts: 34
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 6

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 09:49
My profile:

GPA: 3.4
GMAT: 660
Work Experience: 2 years in private equity investments (as an assistant), spent a few months teaching English in Thailand after graduation
Undergrad major: Communications & Psychology (double)

Applied to: UT Austin (top choice.... not sure if will get in though), Boston College, and Northern Illinois.

Keeping my fingers crossed as UT Austin is by far my #1.
_________________

Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
- Thomas Edison

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 10

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 13:42
I got into and will be attending UNC this May, so I'm pretty excited as this was my top choice and the only only school I applied to.

GPA: 3.7ish
GMAT: 660 (Q47, V35 or 36 [can't remember], 6 AWA)
ECs/Work Experience: Was active in school's investment group, couple of leadership positions in a multicultural group, worked in corporate finance department of a company

Is anyone else going to UNC?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Posts: 15
Concentration: Accounting
GRE 1: 1440 Q780 V660
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 17:26
wannabeCPA wrote:
I got into and will be attending UNC this May, so I'm pretty excited as this was my top choice and the only only school I applied to.

GPA: 3.7ish
GMAT: 660 (Q47, V35 or 36 [can't remember], 6 AWA)
ECs/Work Experience: Was active in school's investment group, couple of leadership positions in a multicultural group, worked in corporate finance department of a company

Is anyone else going to UNC?


I will be.

GPA: 3.97
GRE (old): 1440 (660V / 780V)
ECs/Work: Dept. Representative for School of Social Sciences Advisory Council, Presidential Campaign, Teacher (Social Studies, Mathematics)

Any plans for housing?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 10

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 12:24
tarheel1226 wrote:
wannabeCPA wrote:
I got into and will be attending UNC this May, so I'm pretty excited as this was my top choice and the only only school I applied to.

GPA: 3.7ish
GMAT: 660 (Q47, V35 or 36 [can't remember], 6 AWA)
ECs/Work Experience: Was active in school's investment group, couple of leadership positions in a multicultural group, worked in corporate finance department of a company

Is anyone else going to UNC?


I will be.

GPA: 3.97
GRE (old): 1440 (660V / 780V)
ECs/Work: Dept. Representative for School of Social Sciences Advisory Council, Presidential Campaign, Teacher (Social Studies, Mathematics)

Any plans for housing?


I haven't decided housing and whatnot yet. I very recently submitted my deposit and am working on filing out my forms and getting my official transcripts in. I may live on campus but I'm very unsure at the moment and haven't done much homework. I'm from quite literally the opposite site of the country, so I might avoid off-campus housing just because it's a huge hassle to move all my stuff for one year and there's less overhead I'll have to deal with, but nothing's final yet. The facebook group seems to be blowing up with housing stuff though. What about yourself?

I see that your data bar on the left-hand side of the screen has K-F '15, so I'm assuming you're in the MBA and not the MAC or am I missing something?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 17:12
Pulchritudinous wrote:
Stats:

GMAT: 690
GPA: 3.6
Non-accounting background

Applied only to UT-Austin and I just logged into my application page and saw that I was admitted! It took me a while to realize what I was looking at. I've been checking this page 50 times a day like a neurotic maniac. I'm SO happy! I've been stressing about this for two months. For those of you that got in, do you happen to know, if the financial aid information is supposed to be on the acceptance page or do we get it in some other way (if I received anything at all that is)?


Congrats on the acceptance! I was told that they'd release financial aid infor sometime before your response deadlien
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Nov 2012
Posts: 59
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 4
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 18:38
jray25 wrote:
Pulchritudinous wrote:
Stats:

GMAT: 690
GPA: 3.6
Non-accounting background

Applied only to UT-Austin and I just logged into my application page and saw that I was admitted! It took me a while to realize what I was looking at. I've been checking this page 50 times a day like a neurotic maniac. I'm SO happy! I've been stressing about this for two months. For those of you that got in, do you happen to know, if the financial aid information is supposed to be on the acceptance page or do we get it in some other way (if I received anything at all that is)?


Congrats on the acceptance! I was told that they'd release financial aid infor sometime before your response deadlien


First of all, congratulations! You will be contacted if you are getting a scholarship. If you are looking for extra cash, I would strongly recommend that you ask about graduate assistantships.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Location: United States
Concentration: Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 2.81
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 13:12
UTMPA2011 wrote:
juangalt wrote:
denied at UT :(


Tough break, man. You still have USC in the bag, so kudos. I can't wait to hear about your Wake offer. Good luck.



Accepted at Wake Forest w/ 75% scholarship!

wasn't at all expecting to be offered that much so it makes the choice way harder. USC gave me about 20% only...

I was also pretty impressed with the interview with Wake, it seems they have good job placement. she said most of the people end up in NY, Boston, Chicago, DC and very few stay in state unless they have roots there. My understanding is that USC has great job placement in CA and west coast but i dont know about NY/DC. I really want to go into tax so im curious how Wake's tax track measures up to the USC MBT for that career.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Nov 2012
Posts: 59
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 4
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 12:07
juangalt wrote:
UTMPA2011 wrote:
juangalt wrote:
denied at UT :(


Tough break, man. You still have USC in the bag, so kudos. I can't wait to hear about your Wake offer. Good luck.



Accepted at Wake Forest w/ 75% scholarship!

wasn't at all expecting to be offered that much so it makes the choice way harder. USC gave me about 20% only...

I was also pretty impressed with the interview with Wake, it seems they have good job placement. she said most of the people end up in NY, Boston, Chicago, DC and very few stay in state unless they have roots there. My understanding is that USC has great job placement in CA and west coast but i dont know about NY/DC. I really want to go into tax so im curious how Wake's tax track measures up to the USC MBT for that career.


I think you have a difficult decision to make. If you are looking for a broader offering of tax courses, the USC MBT program is definitely the best program. The Wake Forest program is focused on teaching to the CPA exam. As far as job placement, I was not able to find any specific employment information for the USC MBT program. However, I don't believe that you would be limited to the west coast by going to USC. If you are wondering which one will give you better career opportunities, I can't tell you. Honestly, your career trajectory will depend on you. Both programs will land you a Big 4 gig, but your success will depend on you. I would suggest that you strongly consider the cost of each program. Even with the tuition differential, L.A. is much more expensive than Winston-Salem. Also, if you go to work at a Big 4 firm, you will specialize in a particular area of tax: international, corporate, partnership, private wealth (individuals/closely held businesses). Regardless of your choice, I think both schools will give you great opportunities. Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 02:52
Has anybody got into Indiana-MSA/Ohio-MAccc/TAMU-MSA/UIUC-MSA for 2013-14?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 11:26
Applying to W&M, Vanderbilt, UNC CH, Wake Forest.

Stats:
3.74 Engineering, top 20 Public School
650 GMAT

UNC CH: Scheduled Interview
W&M: Submitted Application
Vanderbilt: Invited to Nashville for Discover Weekend
Wake Forest: Invited to Done in a Day

Is anyone familiar with Wake's Done in a Day event? Also, What are my chances of a scholarship to Wake?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 15
GMAT 1: Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 11:34
UTMPA2011 wrote:
catthanby wrote:
I have been accepted at UT!

Posted from my mobile device Image


Nice! Congratulations!


Thank you! I know this is slightly off topic, but do you (or anyone else) have suggestions on moving to Austin? Finding housing in the area?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Nov 2012
Posts: 59
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 4
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 11

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 18:06
catthanby wrote:
UTMPA2011 wrote:
catthanby wrote:
I have been accepted at UT!

Posted from my mobile device Image


Nice! Congratulations!


Thank you! I know this is slightly off topic, but do you (or anyone else) have suggestions on moving to Austin? Finding housing in the area?


You should really visit Austin if you have the chance. Look at the Capital Metro (bus) website for routes. As a UT student, you can ride for free. Also, UT has special routes to take you to campus (don't pay for parking). I would recommend that you call the school and ask to speak to a traditional MPA student (not an integrated MPA student) about housing, night life, etc.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Concentration: Accounting
GPA: 2.78
WE: Project Management (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2013, 19:11
Anybody here applying to UGA?

Also, does anyone have any pointers for interviews at UNC and Wake Forest? I'm doing the done in a day program at Wake and I've heard it may be two panel interviews? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 15
GMAT 1: Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2013, 20:33
marcopolo8 wrote:
Anybody here applying to UGA?

Also, does anyone have any pointers for interviews at UNC and Wake Forest? I'm doing the done in a day program at Wake and I've heard it may be two panel interviews? Thanks!


I did not do the done in a day event, but I did interview at Wake Forest. In that case it was one interviewer - the same lady who had already been in contact with me a few times about admissions information. We talked in her office for about 25 minutes, and it was entirely based on my resume. She seemed to just be clarifying information I had already given them about how I have spent my Summers while in college and the jobs I have had. So, your interview may not be exactly the same situation but I would expect it to still be fairly laid-back. Both the interview and the preview day I attended were similar.
Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants!   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2013, 20:33
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
5 2014 MAcc Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! tuxkitty 38 06 Nov 2013, 13:23
Experts publish their posts in the topic Where are the "Calling all 2013 applicants" threads? Ducksworth 2 28 Aug 2012, 16:03
22 Experts publish their posts in the topic Full List of 2013 Calling All Applicant Threads + Live Stats jko 23 02 Jul 2012, 11:30
6 2012 MAcc Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! pettycash 43 25 Jan 2012, 20:59
58 IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants iamgame 415 21 Dec 2011, 08:52
Display posts from previous: Sort by

2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 76 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.