Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 02:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 09:24
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
So I thought I'd see if there were others out there who'd like to stress about their admissions process together!

I'm applying to all Boston area schools: Boston College, Northeastern, Bentley. GPA is 3.94 (business major, non-accounting), but my GMAT is only 620. I'd love to get into Boston College, but I know it's a reach given the GMAT. Anybody have any sense of what my chances are?

Would love to hear more about what others are up to.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Accounting
GRE 1: 1440 Q780 V660
GPA: 3.97

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 04:55
Best of luck!

I have applied to UNC's MAC program, and I have already been through the interview. My third recommendation is still forthcoming, but it should be in by the end of the month.

GPA - 3.97 (PoliSci major and secondary-level social studies education with 12 credits in math)
GRE - 1440 (approx. 720 GMAT conversion)
Work - Presidential Campaign (2 months), Teaching (1.5 years).
EC - Pres. of College Dems. (no longer political - yuck!), Departmental Liaison to School of Social Sciences Advisory Council (lobbied to change summa cum laude from 3.95 to 3.90 and won!)

When i visited for the interview, i sat in on a class and had lunch with current students. I was impressed in every way, and i know i'd already like Chapel Hill (i interned on a campaign there one summer). The program's recruitment/placement record is fantastic and most people end up working in Raleigh or Charlotte which I would like to stay in NC if possible.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 21:57
Good luck with the application/interview process y'all!

My Profile:
Applied: Texas A&M (Spring 2013), University of Texas at Austin (Summer 2013) and University of Illinois (Summer 2013). I'm meeting with the Director for Ohio State's MAcc program next week so we'll see what happens. I was already rejected from Vanderbilt for the Fall 2012.
GPA: 3.1 from UT-Austin. I have around a 3.6/3.7 Accounting GPA
GMAT: 660 42V 38Q, 6.0 Writing
Work: 2 1/2 years experience as a Project Manager for an Online Marketing Division
EC: YoungLife leader in college, played a club sport for a couple of years and then coached that club after I graduated

I would ultimately like to go to Texas but just want to get in at A&M. I applied last Thursday and should know by Halloween whether or not I got into A&M for the Spring session. I'll apply to Texas by November 1 and will know my decision sometime in January. Here's to hoping I can get in! I thought I wasted a perfectly good weekend missing my younger brother's high school graduation to go to Nashville to interview at Vanderbilt. They have a weird thing going on over there as far as how they accept students. I would not recommend applying there. Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 08:17
Hello Texashect,

I happened to see your post in the thread and wanted to stay in touch with you. I have also applied to Texas A & M Spring 2013 for the Masters of Accounting program and hoping to get in. I would be very glad if you can keep me posted on your results. Looking at your profile, it seems like you have a great chance of getting admitted.

I am originally from India: Have overall GPA of 3.95. GMAT: 690. 2 years experience in Public accounting. I have completed all sections in the CPA exams conducted by AICPA. I am really looking forward to getting admitted at Mays Business school. What do you think are my chances?

I would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,
Vidhya
Current Student

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 14:44
My third recommendation letter was submitted for UNC. Now we wait...
Intern
Intern

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 11:59
In at Texas A&M for the Spring! Will attend and then wait my decisions at Texas and Ohio State to decide what to do next!
Intern
Intern

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 12:43
Hello,

I just got the acceptance too from Texas A & M!!
I am planning to attend too. I would be glad to stay in touch with you.

Thanks,
Vidhya

texashect wrote:
In at Texas A&M for the Spring! Will attend and then wait my decisions at Texas and Ohio State to decide what to do next!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
Followers: 1

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 22:39
Applied and accepted to Texas A&M starting spring 2013. Hope to see some of you guys there!

GMAT -

GPA -
2.85 cumulative
3.45 last 60 hours
Intern
Intern

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 18:10
Hi Hansel,

I am also accepting the admission for Masters in Mays! May I please know which track you are choosing? I Hope we can stay in touch

Thanks,
Vidhya

Hansel wrote:
Applied and accepted to Texas A&M starting spring 2013. Hope to see some of you guys there!

GMAT -

GPA -
2.85 cumulative
3.45 last 60 hours
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 11:05
Quote:
Hi Hansel,

I am also accepting the admission for Masters in Mays! May I please know which track you are choosing? I Hope we can stay in touch

Thanks,
Vidhya

Vidhya,

I'm planning to pursue the Tax track. I was an accounting major in undergrad, and I loved all my tax courses, so I think that's the best track for me to pursue in my graduate education.

Best regards,

Matt
Intern
Intern

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 11:19
Oh! that is great! I am actually inclined towards the audit track. But i am afraid that employment opportunities will be more in tax track! what do you think? Thanks for your inputs!

Vidhya
Hansel wrote:
Quote:
Hi Hansel,

Thanks,
Vidhya

Vidhya,

I'm planning to pursue the Tax track. I was an accounting major in undergrad, and I loved all my tax courses, so I think that's the best track for me to pursue in my graduate education.

Best regards,

Matt
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2012, 12:07
:(((((((((((((((((

Last edited by steveshin12 on 30 Mar 2013, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 15:36
Just heard back from a few schools today.

UNC: Accepted
Wake Forest: Accepted with 50% scholarship
Baruch: Rejected
USC: Interviewed yesterday
Pace: Still Waiting
UT-Austin: Still waiting

Does anyone know if UNC notifies you of scholarship offers wit your acceptance or at a later date?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 4

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2012, 09:09
jray25 wrote:

Does anyone know if UNC notifies you of scholarship offers wit your acceptance or at a later date?

stats?
Intern
Intern

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2012, 09:24
AlyoshaKaramazov wrote:
jray25 wrote:

stats?

710 GMAT 3.6 GPA

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2012, 07:03
Accepted to UNC with $$$. Can't wait to be up there next May.
Intern
Intern

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2012, 17:49
tarheel1226 wrote:

Did they notify you of the scholarship in your acceptance letter? I love UNC's program but it'd be tough to choose it over WF if I have to pay full price.
Current Student

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2012, 19:48
jray25 wrote:
tarheel1226 wrote:

Did they notify you of the scholarship in your acceptance letter? I love UNC's program but it'd be tough to choose it over WF if I have to pay full price.

Yes, they did. UNC's program is one semester less than WFU's program, IIRC, so take that into consideration along with the placement record. Good luck with your decision!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross '15 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q54 V55
GPA: 4

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 01:20
Profile:
GPA: 3.2
GMAT: 560
Work Experience: 0

Schools:
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor: Accepted with $$$
University of Pittsburgh: Accepted with $$$
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign: Accepted with $$$
University of Southern California: Accepted with $$$
University of Texas at Austin: Accepted with $$$
University of Notre Dame: Accepted with $$$
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 2.81

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 12:03
steveshin12 wrote:
Hi guys.

I applied to USC, here are my stats:

GMAT 700
Major: Business Administration with concentration in Accounting
Overall GPA: 2.9, Major GPA: 3.2
Worked while attending school all four years of undergrad.

I am very anxious due to my GPA! Does anyone here know someone with similar stats as me that got accepted into USC?

Good luck all! We are all sharing the same anxiety!

Have you received a decision from USC yet?

my stats:
gmat: 700
gpa: 2.8
undergrad degree in economics and philosophy at UT-Austin
3 years work exp. (federal gov.)

applied to:
UT-Austin, USC, UNC, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, UT-San Antonio

interviewed right before christmas with USC for the MBT program, said they'd let me know the 2nd week of january

haven't heard from the other schools, just that the applications were complete. has anyone applied to the same schools and heard back? got in? what were your stats? any opinions of my chances? I'm pretty curious about Vanderbilt and Wake Forest since i don't know much about the schools
Re: 2013 Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants!   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2013, 12:03