Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 02:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 15:20
fleritta wrote:
laman wrote:
can you please share your profile? :) and good luck to you!

Sorry for late response! Crazy Q1 12 closing :)

I'm from Russia, Moscow.
2 years in Accounting, 5 years in Financial analysis in Telecom.

Had my interview last Sunday. Now awaiting for the feedback... Fingers crossed :)

Best Wishes !

If you don't mind, can you share your interview experience here with us ?
International BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 25

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 06:00
fleritta wrote:
laman wrote:

I'm from Russia, Moscow.

Had my interview last Sunday. Now awaiting for the feedback... Fingers crossed :)

quarter end is a favourite time for all finance people :) hey, you have very good chances, we do not have anybody from Russia yet (at least as per current Portal data)! fingers crossed! Have you alredy received an email saying when your application would be considered by the AdCom?

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 06:10
rwkTX wrote:
laman wrote:
paid my reservation fee today... 10200 gbp gone, no way back :)

Hi Laman.
I'm not looking forward to making that payment either :(

Anyway, I had two questions if you don't mind.

1) has the school posted the 2012/2013 academic calendar on the admit portal yet? I'm talking with my employer about my plans later this week and would like to have a calendar in-hand when I do if possible. All I know is the 20 August start date. If you have access to more info, please PM me and I can give you my email address so you can send it to me.

2) when are you planning to go to London? I read in the materials that they suggest arriving two weeks prior, but that will be right in the middle of the olympics!

thanks for your continued help. I've written the admissions office with these questions as well but I thought you might get back to me more quickly, since you're so responsive on here.

rk

assuming that you're a full time student, here is what is published on the Portal now:
Autumn Term: Monday 20 August - Sunday 2 December 2012In the Autumn Term, you will be taking four core courses: Financial Accounting and Analysis, Corporate Finance, Investments and PAD (Personal Assessment and Development core course) and two preparatory modules (in accounting and statistics) in the first weeks of the Autumn Term.
If you plan to book a flight to leave London at the end of the Autumn term you will be able to leave after 2 December. A further two optional electives (intensive 'block week' format) may run from 3 - 7 and 10 - 14 December. As these electives will most likely be offered at another time in the Spring or Summer terms, it is not essential to plan to stay in London for this, however many MiFs like to take one or both of these electives. The elective portfolio will be finalised over the next few months and we will let you kow once we know which electives these will be.

Spring Term: Monday 7 January - Saturday 15 March 2013
For most students this will be the busiest term for electives. Most students will probably decide to spend a substantial part of the spring break (17 March - 21 April) in London working on their Project. There are also a small number of block week electives offered outside term time on 01 - 04 January and 17 March - 21 April.

Summer Term: Monday 22 April - Saturday 29 June 2013
In this term you will complete your electives and Project.

Summer Congregation: Thursday 11 July or Friday 12 July 2013 (we will find out which day the MiFs congregate closer to the date). This is the School's annual awards ceremony, at which graduating students are presented to the Chairman of the School's Governing Body and distinguished guests. You will probably want your parents or partner to be there too.
The Summer Ball, which marks the end of the academic year, will be during the first week of July (to be confirmed).

The Examination Board meets in September (date to be confirmed). This is the date when degrees are formally awarded, however there is no requirement for you to remain in London after the end of the Summer Term on 29 June.

I agreed with my employer to finish work at August 6, this will be my last date, and provisionally to be back at August 1 2013 (I got sabbatical and will be returning to my current employer). So will not have any vacation trying to get my august salary in full ;)
I bought a ticket for August 9. You need to book the ticket as early as possible as cheap tickets will not be available closer to the date due to Olympics...
and thanks for the feedback :) by the way I do not see your name in LBS portal yet, can you PM me your name/surname.

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 06:13
happyface wrote:
Any MiF admits can shed some light on the background check process at LBS? What company does LBS employ to conduct such verification? I need to inform my current employer so they can grant access to the appointed third party company.
Many thx!

where did you get info about background checks? I didn't have any... however in the application you agree that your referees might be contacted, you show there their contact details, there is not a single word about anything on top of it. But my referees weren't contacted, so LBS seems to trust their applicants :)

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 06:20
rwkTX wrote:
laman wrote:

Hi Laman.

1) has the school posted the 2012/2013 academic calendar on the admit portal yet? I'm talking with my employer about my plans later this week and would like to have a calendar in-hand when I do if possible. All I know is the 20 August start date. If you have access to more info, please PM me and I can give you my email address so you can send it to me.

2) when are you planning to go to London? I read in the materials that they suggest arriving two weeks prior, but that will be right in the middle of the olympics!

thanks for your continued help. I've written the admissions office with these questions as well but I thought you might get back to me more quickly, since you're so responsive on here.

rk

there is some more data here:
The MiF FT2013 programme will begin with an Introduction Day - Monday 20 August. Introduction Day will start at 08.30, when you will be given a detailed timetable for the day and for the first term. The formal part of the day will end at about 18.00, and will be followed by a welcome drinks party. Attendance on Introduction Day is compulsory for all students.

Although there will be no compulsory events requiring your attendance before Introduction Day, there will be some orientation events in the two weeks prior to the start of the programme and we would encourage students who are relocating to London to plan to arrive at least two weeks before Introduction Day to arrange accommodation etc. - as you can see, this is not compulsory and you do not miss anything particularly vital. In my case I'll be travelling to Amsterdam on August 11-14 most probably to attend the wedding I'm not able to miss... you can sort out accomodation issue in advance agreeing with someone whom you'll be sharing a flat with to take care about the arrangements OR go for student accomodation which will be competed for starting from mid-April (good deal, by the way)

Meet and Greet Sessions
These will run on a range of dates before that start of the programme (dates to be advised). They are a great opportunity for you not only to meet each other but also to meet some of the Programme Office staff and, as these are cross programme events, you will be able to meet students who are about to start one of the other degree programmes. I hope we'll have lots of opportunities to meet and greet each other during 11 months of studying, so...

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 07:10
laman wrote:
rwkTX wrote:
laman wrote:

Hi Laman.

rk

assuming that you're a full time student, here is what is published on the Portal now:
Autumn Term: Monday 20 August - Sunday 2 December 2012In the Autumn Term, you will be taking four core courses: Financial Accounting and Analysis, Corporate Finance, Investments and PAD (Personal Assessment and Development core course) and two preparatory modules (in accounting and statistics) in the first weeks of the Autumn Term.
If you plan to book a flight to leave London at the end of the Autumn term you will be able to leave after 2 December. A further two optional electives (intensive 'block week' format) may run from 3 - 7 and 10 - 14 December. As these electives will most likely be offered at another time in the Spring or Summer terms, it is not essential to plan to stay in London for this, however many MiFs like to take one or both of these electives. The elective portfolio will be finalised over the next few months and we will let you kow once we know which electives these will be.

Spring Term: Monday 7 January - Saturday 15 March 2013
For most students this will be the busiest term for electives. Most students will probably decide to spend a substantial part of the spring break (17 March - 21 April) in London working on their Project. There are also a small number of block week electives offered outside term time on 01 - 04 January and 17 March - 21 April.

Summer Term: Monday 22 April - Saturday 29 June 2013
In this term you will complete your electives and Project.

Summer Congregation: Thursday 11 July or Friday 12 July 2013 (we will find out which day the MiFs congregate closer to the date). This is the School's annual awards ceremony, at which graduating students are presented to the Chairman of the School's Governing Body and distinguished guests. You will probably want your parents or partner to be there too.
The Summer Ball, which marks the end of the academic year, will be during the first week of July (to be confirmed).

The Examination Board meets in September (date to be confirmed). This is the date when degrees are formally awarded, however there is no requirement for you to remain in London after the end of the Summer Term on 29 June.

I agreed with my employer to finish work at August 6, this will be my last date, and provisionally to be back at August 1 2013 (I got sabbatical and will be returning to my current employer). So will not have any vacation trying to get my august salary in full ;)
I bought a ticket for August 9. You need to book the ticket as early as possible as cheap tickets will not be available closer to the date due to Olympics...
and thanks for the feedback :) by the way I do not see your name in LBS portal yet, can you PM me your name/surname.

Excellent -- this is exactly the information I was hoping to receive. I am undecided about whether I will return to my current employer or not but will have some wind-down work to do and may come back to meet with some clients during the breaks in December to make a smooth transition. I'll know more after my conversations in the next week :?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 1

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 07:30
laman wrote:
where did you get info about background checks? I didn't have any... however in the application you agree that your referees might be contacted, you show there their contact details, there is not a single word about anything on top of it. But my referees weren't contacted, so LBS seems to trust their applicants :)

Hi laman,
I'm an MBA admit. I haven't gotten any background check information or request, however, based on my experience with the US schools, that seems to be a standard procedure. My employer asked me to provide the name of the service company that will be conducting the check so they can authorize the access of my information and release appropriately. I think I've heard from some people that LBS does the check on their own so I guess I'll just tell my employer the LBS will be in contact with them.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 08:20
laman wrote:
fleritta wrote:
laman wrote:

I'm from Russia, Moscow.

quarter end is a favourite time for all finance people :) hey, you have very good chances, we do not have anybody from Russia yet (at least as per current Portal data)! fingers crossed! Have you alredy received an email saying when your application would be considered by the AdCom?

Thanks!

Received today an email from Nalisha Patel that the interviewer's report was submitted and AdCom will make a decision on my application this or next Thursday.

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 21:02
fleritta wrote:
Received today an email from Nalisha Patel that the interviewer's report was submitted and AdCom will make a decision on my application this or next Thursday.

good luck to you! :)

Intern
Intern
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 02:11
i got a R4 offer today. any one from singapore or china? see you guys in LONDON

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 02:37
linsen1978 wrote:

congratulations! :)

Intern
Intern

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 03:34
linsen1978 wrote:

linsen1978,

Congrats! When did you submit the application?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 05:18
I'm in!!!!!!

See you guys in August!
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '14 (A)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 06:27
Hey Guys,

I am in as well. I am in a fix regarding financing the course. I think HSBC loan if started is subjective based on a number of factors. Do you guys know what all docs they need for the loan...I think it will give me a fair idea on what to expect from the loan outcome.

Also, I called the adcom and they told me that there is no update on the loan yet. I am just wondering has this in anyway effected decisions of admitted students, werent a significant majority of students looking to finance their course through the HSBC loan and if so what would they do all this while if they had more than 1 offer?

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 06:31
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 11:29
Congrats linsen !

Any late R4 Applicants, who received an interview call ?

Can anyone throw some light on how long, on average, one has to wait for the interview call ?

Is two weeks a long enough wait or Does It mean it's curtains ?

Any views are welcome.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 15:38
Hi Guys,

I am applying for the part time MiF and am half way through my applications

I sent my CV in and got a response saying i am encouraged to apply, however my work experience (3 years) is a bit of a concern :shock: so I hope that doesn't ultimately work against me

M
Intern
Intern

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 15:57
aqed62 wrote:
linsen1978 wrote:

linsen1978,

Congrats! When did you submit the application?

i submitted on 20 Feb 2012 but the references come in only on 4 Mar 2012. got an interview on 30 Mar 2012 and an un-official offer 5 Apr 2012. it looks LBS is really fast.
Intern
Intern

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 16:01
laman wrote:
linsen1978 wrote:

congratulations! :)

thanks laman. hope can see you guys in LODON
Intern
Intern

Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 16:03
lifeiscricket wrote:
Congrats linsen !

Any late R4 Applicants, who received an interview call ?

Can anyone throw some light on how long, on average, one has to wait for the interview call ?

Is two weeks a long enough wait or Does It mean it's curtains ?

Any views are welcome.

I am from R4. it took me 3 weeks before an interview. so guess you can wait still? good luck.
Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome!   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2012, 16:03