Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: LBS '14 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink]
Thanks Laman

laman wrote:
Dheeraj wrote:
I also got an invite on Tuesday. Any idea how long do they take to come back with interviewer details after sending out interview invite?

Thanks

It depends on your location/experience. LBS is trying to find alumni 1) in your preferred location 2) from your current sphere of work. Usually it takes around 10-15 days. In my example it took 2 months to find an interviewer, but i guess this is an exception ;) good luck to you with your interview! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 262 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
WE:Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Dheeraj wrote:
I also got an invite on Tuesday. Any idea how long do they take to come back with interviewer details after sending out interview invite?

Hi Dheeraj,
the time really depends on your location. In my case Peter promised to find an alumnus in Kiev. But I knew that there are no LBS alumni in Kiev and notified the adcom that i am fine to go to Moscow. As a result, Peter sent me details in 2 days.
So if you are sure that it is hard to find an interviewer in your location, just give the adcom the alternative. This could save your waiting time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi JubtaGubar

Thanks for the info. I am based in London so I am sure there must be quite a few alumni based in London.

JubtaGubar wrote:
Dheeraj wrote:

Hi Dheeraj,
the time really depends on your location. In my case Peter promised to find an alumnus in Kiev. But I knew that there are no LBS alumni in Kiev and notified the adcom that i am fine to go to Moscow. As a result, Peter sent me details in 2 days.
So if you are sure that it is hard to find an interviewer in your location, just give the adcom the alternative. This could save your waiting time.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Thanks a lot for the advice Ryan, you are very helpful.
I am not much worried about it but sure I will do homework before the interview!
e.

rwkTX wrote:
enri77 wrote:
Hi everybody!
On April 12th I received the invitation to the interview! I guess it will not be easy for them to find an alumnus around since I live in C. Asia, but let's see.
I am very excited and look forward to good news from all you members as well.
Ciao

Good luck, Enri. Don't forget to read the information below about other's interview experiences. Also, you should review the electives offered because your interviewer will likely ask you what electives you want to take. Before my interview I assumed this was just to test that you are familiar with the program. Now that I've been accepted and am reading more, however, I bet they ask because it helps them to assign you to a study group for your project.

Ryan
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
thanks laman for your info and advice. And I have found many help information here. thanks everyone. will keep you posted on any developments with my interview and application.

laman wrote:
congratulations to you! you know, that this shortlist email is one of the biggest milestones as they reject 70% of the applicants at this stage!
they usually try to find an interviewer from your sphere of work. one of the main purposes of the interview is to verify statements you made in your application - so usually interviewers ask detailed questions about your work, how you do things, etc. Read the topic from the beginning, lots of people described their interviews and questions they had, this might be very helpful while preparation. There are also some links with detailed interviews description. Largely interview depends on your interviewer, there were some pople whom they asked about overall understanding of finance, but these are very rare examples. In any case, it's better to be prepared as well as you can as this is the last thing which you'll have to prove! Good luck :)

daphne2012 wrote:
laman wrote:
LBS portal has finally been updated :) and i see names of all our newly admitted gmatclubbers.

a bit of statistics based on current portal data:
85 admits
14 from India
9 from China

our of 85 18 are females :)

thanks Laman for the update.
I have received the email informing me that I am shortlisted for an interview. However, the date is not set up yet.
In the email, it is said that they may also wish to investigate my technical ability, which I have no idea about. Could anyone give me some info about that? Any tips?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone has any ideas on the Cambridge MFin program. Sounds very similar to LBS MiF? Would Cambridge name not be better longer term than LBS?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hello Everybody, I just got a final offer for the MiF 2012 intake!

Looking to connect with the 2012 cohort..

I am from India; ~ 5.5 years, spanning consulting and buy-side experience. (Haven't informed my employer yet...so will be discreet for sometime :) )

Happy to connect with group!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
big congratulations!
I will take the interview next Monday.

MiF2013 wrote:
Hello Everybody, I just got a final offer for the MiF 2012 intake!

Looking to connect with the 2012 cohort..

I am from India; ~ 5.5 years, spanning consulting and buy-side experience. (Haven't informed my employer yet...so will be discreet for sometime :) )

Happy to connect with group!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

First of all, thanks and bravo for this very interesting thread.
I've applied to the MIF (WE format) on 7 April and am waiting for an answer...
Education: master in law,suspended PhD in law, professional degree in banking.
10 years work experience in retail and corporate banking. Branch manager (retail)for 6 years (last position: 2 branches, 16 employees, 190M€ in deposits and 170M€ in loans, 8500 clients). 1.5 years as a risk analyst for large and medium-sized businesses. Current job: risk analyst, banking sector.GMAT: 680
I was “strongly” encouraged to apply. Thanks in advance for any advice and feedback on my profile.

Originally posted by QUEVEO on 20 Apr 2012, 05:59.
Last edited by QUEVEO on 20 Apr 2012, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi All,

I am also new to the forum -went through on the thread last night and found bunch of useful informations. thanks a lot for that!

my profile: 5 years Investment Banking experience in Finance and Market Risk, upper second class undergraduate degree (~GPA 3.51), CFA level II candidate, part qualified ACCA accountant. After submitting my CV for initial screening, Peter Johnson encouraged me to apply to the weekend-format MiF starting Sep 2012.
I finalised and submitted my application on the 4th April, and got the confirmation a week later about that my application would be reviewed in Round 4.

I see that the official deadline for the interview decision in R4 is 27th April, so I am getting more and more breathless as the deadline is approaching.. :?

Congratulations for those who have already been admitted!

all the best,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
you're welcome, enri. i hope that it goes well for you :)

enri77 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the advice Ryan, you are very helpful.
I am not much worried about it but sure I will do homework before the interview!
e.

rwkTX wrote:
enri77 wrote:
Hi everybody!
On April 12th I received the invitation to the interview! I guess it will not be easy for them to find an alumnus around since I live in C. Asia, but let's see.
I am very excited and look forward to good news from all you members as well.
Ciao

Good luck, Enri. Don't forget to read the information below about other's interview experiences. Also, you should review the electives offered because your interviewer will likely ask you what electives you want to take. Before my interview I assumed this was just to test that you are familiar with the program. Now that I've been accepted and am reading more, however, I bet they ask because it helps them to assign you to a study group for your project.

Ryan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi,

Best of luck to all who have recently applied in R5 !

I got my shortlist em on 12th april and I still waiting for the interview. Any indian applicants here ? Who can throw some light on - how long it takes to setup an interview ? Is delhi a better choice of location or mumbai ?

wish me good luck. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
lifeiscricket wrote:
Hi,

Best of luck to all who have recently applied in R5 !

I got my shortlist em on 12th april and I still waiting for the interview. Any indian applicants here ? Who can throw some light on - how long it takes to setup an interview ? Is delhi a better choice of location or mumbai ?

wish me good luck. Thanks.

Hi there! I got the shortlist email on 12th April too but an interview hasn't been scheduled yet. Hopefully we shall hear something this week. I have given Mumbai as the preferred location.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Quote:
Hi there! I got the shortlist email on 12th April too but an interview hasn't been scheduled yet. Hopefully we shall hear something this week. I have given Mumbai as the preferred location.

Thanks overbored ! I too hope the long wait gets over this week, and best wishes for the interview ahead.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 262 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
WE:Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
imdapplicant2012 wrote:
Anyone has any ideas on the Cambridge MFin program. Sounds very similar to LBS MiF? Would Cambridge name not be better longer term than LBS?

It depends on what you are looking for. I think, Cambridge mfin is more academic programme than LBS MiF. Moreover, it targets market finance more, while LBS gives an option to choose also the corp finance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
hi,

I received today the confirmation email from Peter: I have been shortlisted for an interview!!!:) one final step...

all the best,
Csaba
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Coming back to the contentious topic of visas, is it true that non-EU MiF students will only be able to seek employment for two months after the completion of the course? I am sure admitted students would have done some research; any inputs guys? From what I have learnt if your program length is between 6 and 12 months you can stay in UK for two months after completion of the program. And if program length is more than 12 months then you can stay for four months. So MiF students would have only two months to seek employment. Am I missing something here?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts