Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 23:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

25 Minute Break if I Finish Essay with 15 Minutes Left ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: CMU, MIT, ASU, BYU, MSU
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

25 Minute Break if I Finish Essay with 15 Minutes Left ? [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 14:42
I am taking my first real GMAT on Wednesday. I read that one test taker finished the second essay with about 15 minutes to go in order to avoid any additional pressure or stress prior to taking the Quant section. So, I thought why not try to group together two breaks? Because I want to be as relaxed as possible, I would like to finish essay 15 minutes early to get 25 total minutes to go 1. eat something 2. go to the bathroom, and 3. compose myself prior to Quant--10 minutes just not enough time to do all this.

Can I just walk out of second essay without pressing "submit" and let the final 15 minutes tick out? Will I subsequently get my 10 minute break? I'm a little nervous trying this without info. or even asking the proctors, leaving me with an additional stressor on test day.

I also have a second question. Can I make an answer choice grid for Verbal (during break before Verbal )or will I face consequences from proctor?

Please help.

"You can go far if you only try."

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 295

GMAT Tests User
Re: 25 Minute Break if I Finish Essay with 15 Minutes Left ? [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 16:32
As soon as you click submit for your AWAs (regardless of whether you finish early), the 8 minute break will start ASAP. So if you really wanna chill, don't click submit until you've 30 seconds left. I don't think you can walk out before you click submit either.

Also, regarding the verbal grids, you can do that (if I recall correctly) shortly before your 8 minute break. So I'd take a 6 minute break and check in (checking in takes time cuz they do handprints, ID checks, etc.), and then write your grid.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2278

Kudos [?]: 8803 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 25 Minute Break if I Finish Essay with 15 Minutes Left ? [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2010, 13:55
Expert's post
Have to give you a credit - good thinking!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: 25 Minute Break if I Finish Essay with 15 Minutes Left ?   [#permalink] 30 Jan 2010, 13:55